Page 52 of 165 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 3288

Inside

Just watched Bo Burnham’s Inside on Netflix. MrsPK and I loved it, and it came recommended from DaughterPK.

Well worth the watch.

I forgot to post my review of The Tomorrow War, with Chris Pratt.

Ugh... if you are wondering why this flick went direct to Amazon without ever hitting theaters... whew, you need wonder no longer. The entire back half is laughably bad and a rip off of many other sci-fi flicks, especially Aliens.

Here is the 100 word review.

the-tomorrow-war-generation-alien-saving-tomorrow-destiny-war-chris-pratt-once-revealed-the-pote.jpg
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

Ugh... if you are wondering why this flick went direct to Amazon without ever hitting theaters... whew, you need wonder no longer. The entire back half is laughably bad and a rip off of many other sci-fi flicks, especially Aliens.

the-tomorrow-war-generation-alien-saving-tomorrow-destiny-war-chris-pratt-once-revealed-the-pote.jpg
    3-4 years ago he was the hottest male star in Hollywood.

The Undoing

Family members heartily endorsed The Undoing, with Nicole Kidman and Hugh Grant. Donald Sutherland has a substantial supporting role. This 6-episode miniseries was created by David E. Kelley, a writer of some renown. It's a psychological thriller-meets-whodunit.

First couple episodes were about as compelling as anything I've seen in a long time. However, last night we watched episodes 3 and 4, and IMNSHO, it took a turn for the ridiculous. Not anything supernatural, just the sense that "it wouldn't happen" (that way, or at all). I may watch the last 2 just out of curiosity, but I really no longer care.

Quote Originally Posted by cspan37421 View Post
    Family members heartily endorsed The Undoing, with Nicole Kidman and Hugh Grant. Donald Sutherland has a substantial supporting role. This 6-episode miniseries was created by David E. Kelley, a writer of some renown. It's a psychological thriller-meets-whodunit.

First couple episodes were about as compelling as anything I've seen in a long time. However, last night we watched episodes 3 and 4, and IMNSHO, it took a turn for the ridiculous. Not anything supernatural, just the sense that "it wouldn't happen" (that way, or at all). I may watch the last 2 just out of curiosity, but I really no longer care.
    Have you finished it?

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Have you finished it?
    In the 13 minutes between their post and yours?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Whoops. Missed the last sentence.

Cspan: let me know if you finish it.

I mean, plenty of good/popular actors actors have been in some duds.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    With both Guardians 3 and Jurassic World 3 on the horizon, I'm thinking people won't dwell on this blip too much.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Tom Hanks did just fine after Forrest Gump.

Evelyn Wood would be proud if you did.

I bought the Evelyn Wood speed reading book a while back.

Haven't finished it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Tom Hanks did just fine after Forrest Gump.
    Just don't ever get into any sort of craft with him unless you're ready for a wild ride!

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Just don't ever get into any sort of craft with him unless you're ready for a wild ride!

-jk
    Don’t bring Wilson into this (he’s on RV vacation)!

I really envy you (and others like you). If I watched 4 episodes, I’ll have to watch the last 2 - I just have an innate need to know how it ends. Works that way for me for series, movies, etc. If I start, I need to finish them. Probably why I found the Sopranos ending so infuriating (but don’t want to open that argument up).

Quote Originally Posted by acdevil View Post
    I really envy you (and others like you). If I watched 4 episodes, I’ll have to watch the last 2 - I just have an innate need to know how it ends. Works that way for me for series, movies, etc. If I start, I need to finish them. Probably why I found the Sopranos ending so infuriating (but don’t want to open that argument up).
    Well, there are ways of finding out the ending without committing to 100 more minutes of watching. Not sure what I'm going to do yet; I have mixed feelings about whether it's worthwhile. May depend on Mrs. Cspan.

Well, there are ways of finding out the ending without committing to 100 more minutes of watching. Not sure what I'm going to do yet; I have mixed feelings about whether it's worthwhile. May depend on Mrs. Cspan.
    I enjoyed the whole series. Yes it stretches credulity at times but I found it a fun ride. More twists to come if you can get back into it.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

Aw, come on...it wasn't that bad. I went in with low expectations and had them easily surpassed. It's not going to be a classic, but I'll probably watch it again. It does suffer from a few really dumb plot points and I'll agree the grand finale was laughable given when led up to that. I agree that it wasn't Pratt's finest.

Now, Amazon's other big release recently, Without Remorse, greatly disappointed. I loved the Clancy book by the same name and love Michael B Jordan and was excited to see what they could do with an updated take on the book. It really reminded me of World War Z in the respect that the only thing borrowed from the source book is the title and a few of the character names.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    Aw, come on...it wasn't that bad. I went in with low expectations and had them easily surpassed. It's not going to be a classic, but I'll probably watch it again. It does suffer from a few really dumb plot points and I'll agree the grand finale was laughable given when led up to that. I agree that it wasn't Pratt's finest.

Now, Amazon's other big release recently, Without Remorse, greatly disappointed. I loved the Clancy book by the same name and love Michael B Jordan and was excited to see what they could do with an updated take on the book. It really reminded me of World War Z in the respect that the only thing borrowed from the source book is the title and a few of the character names.
    That's because Amazon has moved on from the movie business and is now focusing on hair.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/b?node=26247109031
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    That's because Amazon has moved on from the movie business and is now focusing on hair.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/b?node=26247109031
    Insert WTF gif

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post

I was nicer than some critics I know. I did say that the first third was pretty good and I really loved their time travel explanation. It accomplished something really rare in a time travel movie -- it made it so that you could not just use time travel over and over again to solve your problems. I thought Sam Richardson was very funny in his supporting role.

But the back half was just such a plot mess. I mean, even when they are ripping off other sci-fi movies whole cloth, nothing makes sense. If you don't care about being spoiled, watch the Pitch Meeting on The Tomorrow War to hear how absurd the back half of the story is:

-Jason "I love Pitch Meetings. Ryan George has great energy in these things" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?