Page 139 of 166 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,780 of 3310
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I might be just a little bit excited about this.
    We have more than a few shows that we watch during dinner, of which we do two of every night. Last week we tuned into the first two episodes of The Mayhem, and tonight was time for 3 and 4.

From the first show, I've laughed during every episode, throughout. It's not just classic Muppet script writing, it's really good classic Muppet script writing, filled with off kilter jabs and great cameos.

Since I've only seen four, I will happily be wrong, but if there is an opening scene better than the 4th episode, my tombstone will say Death By Comedy. Can't find any video links, so you'll just have to tune in for the whopping minute yourself. (And then stick around for the rest.)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Michael J. Fox's autobiographical documentary "Still" is excellent -- poignant, heartbreaking, funny, and uplifting in turns.

As promised, my full (ha!) 100-word review of the mess that is Fast X: https://flixchat.blogspot.com/2023/0...ws-fast-x.html

Crammed with cameos and characters, each on different missions, it is hard to keep track of what is happening and why.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

https://twitter.com/JasonDukeEvans/s...60018453118979

Every so often I think about the fact that most people under 45 have either never seen No Way Out or had it spoiled for them prior to seeing it and I weep for them.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

That’s a real blast from the past. I used to love that movie!

I had not seen it until tonight. It came out while I was in high school. Kinda of cute where they were with technology at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Doria01 View Post
    That’s a real blast from the past. I used to love that movie!
    I used to love that movie. I still do, but I used to, too.

I have this on my DVR. I have watched it a million times, but it is a really good movie!

Another one I need to rewatch (have on DVD) is Dead Again. Just a good movie.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    We have more than a few shows that we watch during dinner, of which we do two of every night. Last week we tuned into the first two episodes of The Mayhem, and tonight was time for 3 and 4.

From the first show, I've laughed during every episode, throughout. It's not just classic Muppet script writing, it's really good classic Muppet script writing, filled with off kilter jabs and great cameos.

Since I've only seen four, I will happily be wrong, but if there is an opening scene better than the 4th episode, my tombstone will say Death By Comedy. Can't find any video links, so you'll just have to tune in for the whopping minute yourself. (And then stick around for the rest.)
    It's so good.
    IT'S SOOOO, SO GOOD.
    The subject matter is so perfectly aimed at me that I used to half joke about "the day someone will make a mockumentary about the Electric Mayhem." I have a Dr. Teeth poster on my classroom wall. I have the band freaking tattooed on me. I own at least four Electric Mayhem t-shirts. I swear, it's as if someone burrowed into my brain, asking, "How can we make an entire season's worth of television content specifically for wilson?"
    It's mind-blowing to me that 1) this ever got made, and 2) it's actually as well-executed as it is. I'm still just overjoyed at the entire thing.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    It's so good.
    IT'S SOOOO, SO GOOD.
    The subject matter is so perfectly aimed at me that I used to half joke about "the day someone will make a mockumentary about the Electric Mayhem." I have a Dr. Teeth poster on my classroom wall. I have the band freaking tattooed on me. I own at least four Electric Mayhem t-shirts. I swear, it's as if someone burrowed into my brain, asking, "How can we make an entire season's worth of television content specifically for wilson?"
    It's mind-blowing to me that 1) this ever got made, and 2) it's actually as well-executed as it is. I'm still just overjoyed at the entire thing.
    We watched episodes 5 & 6 last night. I'm still laughing over the expired marshmallow induced psychedelic trips*. It even inspired one of their album cuts, "Marshmallow Haze", ha!!

* "You two look good together"
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Any thoughts on the final Mrs. Maisel? The final season had its ups and downs but overall I think they stuck the landing with the final episode. It was not perfect but a finale is a hard thing to get right and be on brand and overall I think they did very well with it. We all knew where it was going, it was just how they were going to get there - the prior episodes took a lot of the suspense out of the last episode, which might have been a good thing. The final scene was very good.

I will definitely miss the show but I think they picked the right time to stop and left it on a high note.

Anyone stuck with Yellowjackets through season two?

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Any thoughts on the final Mrs. Maisel? The final season had its ups and downs but overall I think they stuck the landing with the final episode. It was not perfect but a finale is a hard thing to get right and be on brand and overall I think they did very well with it. We all knew where it was going, it was just how they were going to get there - the prior episodes took a lot of the suspense out of the last episode, which might have been a good thing. The final scene was very good.

I will definitely miss the show but I think they picked the right time to stop and left it on a high note.
    I was not looking forward to the final season because I was so disappointed in the prior season. But I thought this season was really good. There were several monologues (not like on stage but just long speeches) by characters that were quite poignant and helped “close out” each characters’ story. They also highlighted how good the actors are—Tony Shaloub comes to mind. Midge’s “four minutes” is another example. I also really liked the final scene—that is really hard to do well and I agree they nailed it.

Now let’s hope Ted Lasso brings it all together also…I think they’ve been on point so far.

I don't know why Midge was doomed to failed marriages and ending up alone romantically. Yes she was very ambitious and career-oriented but many make that work. Heck, she and Joel were still in love and both based in NYC... why not?

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post

We're still watching it, since we watch one episode per week, but we only started not long ago, so I think we're up to #6. Enjoying it so far. Our first reaction were that the time jumps are a bit odd, and even more so since they aren't in each episode, but overall we are enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    We're still watching it, since we watch one episode per week, but we only started not long ago, so I think we're up to #6. Enjoying it so far. Our first reaction were that the time jumps are a bit odd, and even more so since they aren't in each episode, but overall we are enjoying it.
    Agree. I found the overuse of time jumps gratuitous and slightly offputting.

The “4 minutes” though was stupendous. You know how hard it is to create a 4 minute set that can successfully carry the weight of a one-shot at fame performance? Well done writers and Brosnahan!
    Last edited by Skydog; 05-27-2023 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    Agree. I found the overuse of time jumps gratuitous and slightly offputting.

The “4 minutes” though was stupendous. You know how hard it is to create a 4 minute set that can successfully carry the weight of a one-shot at fame performance? Well done writers and Brosnahan!
    I had mixed feelings about the flash forwards. Part of me liked knowing where people ended up. Some were better than others. I agree that they weren’t always integrated into the episodes well. The Friars Club roast one handled it better as it was more natural. And as I mentioned above, they made the final episode less suspenseful.

I struggled with how they handled her kids. It was good to see where they ended up. But they were so much of an afterthought throughout the show. I know that was the point to some extent, but as a parent, I often felt like the show was written by people with no kids. When everyone ran out for the big climax in the last episode, where were the kids? Zelda was clearly no longer working for them. Not sure why I cared but it bugged me. I also agree that the multiple marriages was very cliche and not really necessary.

It's not a movie .but I cut cable and now stream .there's a free service called Tubi that I downloaded. Seems to have quite a lot of movies .they have commercials that's a draw back. In my opinion it's the best free steaming services I've came across so far.might be worth a try for those that are interested.

Quote Originally Posted by wavedukefan70s View Post
    It's not a movie .but I cut cable and now stream .there's a free service called Tubi that I downloaded. Seems to have quite a lot of movies .they have commercials that's a draw back. In my opinion it's the best free steaming services I've came across so far.might be worth a try for those that are interested.
    A freshman year hall mate of mine is the current Chief Revenue Officer of that company. Good guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    A freshman year hall mate of mine is the current Chief Revenue Officer of that company. Good guy.
    So far they have exceded my expectations. Six people I know have downloaded it in the last two weeks.
    Seems like the place to be at this time.