Page 129 of 166 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,580 of 3301
    Saw Antman yesterday. I thought it was pretty good and enjoyable. Definitely a setup movie.

You know you want to see it... here is my 100-word review of the riotously funny Cocaine Bear: https://flixchat.blogspot.com/2023/0...s-cocaine.html

I admire a film that knows what it wants to be and doesn’t try to be more.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    You know you want to see it... here is my 100-word review of the riotously funny Cocaine Bear: https://flixchat.blogspot.com/2023/0...s-cocaine.html
    While I will be patiently waiting for this one from my couch, I'm not surprised that it is having the positive reception. Elizabeth Banks has a great track record, especially when it comes to movies that nobody expects to succeed. Pitch Perfect, anyone?
    That being said, I don't think we'll be seeing her produce Cocaine Bear 3. (Or two.)

Can't wait to see what the box office is from CB. I'm getting a Snakes On a Plane feeling!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Just announced - the upcoming fourth season of Succession will be the last.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Just announced - the upcoming fourth season of Succession will be the last.
    Smart move.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Smart move.
    "Strong" move.

This is hysterical: https://twitter.com/MuseZack/status/1628997349275205632
    The AP wrote a blisteringly negative review of Cocaine Bear that contained this sentence, which makes it sound...awesome? "Banks and screenwriter Jimmy Warden have created a mashup of Quentin Tarantino bloodfests, Sam Raimi’s scare tactics and the Coen brothers’ absurdity. "
    Phil Lord, the producer of Cocaine Bear (and the guy behind The Lego Movie, Spiderverse, 21 Jump Street, and several other hits) responded to this by saying: "We are putting this on the poster."
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

The first trailer has dropped for NEON's How to Blow Up a Pipeline... which drew raves at TIFF and is supposed to be an incredible thrill ride with amazing characters/performances.

Currently at 100% on Rotten Tomatoes. It hits theaters April 4.

New episode of mandalorian today.
    Also a new show andor?
    Last edited by wavedukefan70s; 03-02-2023 at 08:25 PM.

Partly Orlando, FL partly heard Sandpoint, ID
    Quote Originally Posted by wavedukefan70s View Post
    New episode of mandalorian today.
    Also a new show andor?
    Andor isn't new. Was new in the fall. I greatly enjoyed it. The Mandolorian was mostly just setting the stage of what's to come, wasn't bad, but nothing groundbreaking IMO

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I finally got around to watching Glow last night. I'm sorry that I waited so long, but silver lining is that I have all the seasons to watch now.
    I shouldn't have started last night at 10pm. Making myself finally turn it off and going to bed at 2am didn't make for a joyful morning.
    Totally bingeable.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by Deslok View Post
    The Mandolorian was mostly just setting the stage of what's to come, wasn't bad, but nothing groundbreaking IMO
    on the other hand…

90906FED-E214-48E7-9A81-5CDFEC66405B.jpg
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Quote Originally Posted by Deslok View Post
    Andor isn't new. Was new in the fall. I greatly enjoyed it.
    I mean, it is easily the best Star Wars thing we have had since Cassian Andor died while holding Jyn Erso in his arms on Scarif. An outstanding series that draws you in and keeps you wanting more. If you have not seen it, do yourself a favor and watch. I don't even think you need to be a Star Wars fans to appreciate it (though it helps).

I mean, it is easily the best Star Wars thing we have had since Cassian Andor died while holding Jyn Erso in his arms on Scarif. An outstanding series that draws you in and keeps you wanting more. If you have not seen it, do yourself a favor and watch. I don't even think you need to be a Star Wars fans to appreciate it (though it helps).
    Agreed, Andor is the best and least Star Warsy. I just don’t get Mandalorian- made it through 2-3 episodes and gave up because it was so childish. My 14 yo son who loves Star Wars didn’t like it at all but Andor was a different story.

To quote a well known tv personality* from my youth:

ruh-roh.jpg

*Is that personality or canineality?

65 just looks terrible. Like so bad that even JP at it's worst looks great.
    You'd think they'd have thunk of that.
    "Let's make a bad dinosaur movie."
    "Jurassic Park has already done that, lots."

"Well, then. Challenge accepted."

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    To quote a well known tv personality* from my youth:

ruh-roh.jpg

*Is that personality or canineality?
    "A dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way."

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Agreed, Andor is the best and least Star Warsy. I just don’t get Mandalorian- made it through 2-3 episodes and gave up because it was so childish. My 14 yo son who loves Star Wars didn’t like it at all but Andor was a different story.
    I needed to test out some A/V tech tonight, and just for the hell of it I pulled up Mando Season 1, Ep 1 to do so. (Was in the mood to "feel" the sound of good audio)

All over again, I'm enraptured. I don't know what y'all are eating for breakfast in your house, your son and you, but it's spoiled.

You wouldn't be into Andor if The Mandalorian hadn't been produced, and what was produced in those first "2-3 episodes" was top notch.
    And happily looking back tonight, it's still top notch.

Swap your waffles for omelettes this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I needed to test out some A/V tech tonight, and just for the hell of it I pulled up Mando Season 1, Ep 1 to do so. (Was in the mood to "feel" the sound of good audio)

All over again, I'm enraptured. I don't know what y'all are eating for breakfast in your house, your son and you, but it's spoiled.

You wouldn't be into Andor if The Mandalorian hadn't been produced, and what was produced in those first "2-3 episodes" was top notch.
    And happily looking back tonight, it's still top notch.

Swap your waffles for omelettes this weekend.
    Maybe different people just like different things? I agree the first two seasons of Mandalorian were great, but it isn't completely unfathomable that it wouldn't be for everyone.