Page 128 of 165 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,560 of 3288
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    We’re pretty hooked on Last of Us.

Also, wtf, bloaters?!?!
    Agreed. Some pretty intense stuff happened in that show.

Excited for the new (final) season of the Wu Tang Saga. I found the first two seasons very compelling. Like Straight out of Compton and 8 Mile, I'm sure there has been some poetic license. That said, as a long time fan of rap / hip hop, and having grown up about as far from the source content as imaginable, the glimpse (albeit curated) behind the curtain is fascinating.
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.

Regarding the MCU, I think people forget how we had some average movies to start it off. Take the first 8 films vs the 8 after end game and you get:

Iron man
    The Incredible Hulk
    Iron man 2
    Thor
    Captain America
    The Avengers
    Iron Man 3
    Thor Dark world

Spider-Man: Far from home
    Black Widow
    Shang-Chi
    Eternals
    Spider-Man: no way home
    Doctor strange in the multiverse of madness
    Thor Love and Thunder
    Black Panther Wakanda Forever

First 8 are better top to bottom but I don’t think it’s as much of a difference people make it out to be. I mean, The Incredible Hulk and Thor Dark World were terrible along with probably Iron Man 2. If I had the time, I would add up their rotten tomato scores to get an average but who has time for that?

Edit: ok I did it. First 8 get an average score of 78.13% and the last 8 get a score of 77.75%. If not for the 47% Eternals score, the last 8 would’ve won.
    Last edited by LasVegas; 02-15-2023 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    Regarding the MCU, I think people forget how we had some average movies to start it off. Take the first 8 films vs the 8 after end game and you get:

Iron man
    The Incredible Hulk
    Iron man 2
    Thor
    Captain America
    The Avengers
    Iron Man 3
    Thor Dark world

Spider-Man: Far from home
    Black Widow
    Shang-Chi
    Eternals
    Spider-Man: no way home
    Doctor strange in the multiverse of madness
    Thor Love and Thunder
    Black Panther Wakanda Forever

First 8 are better top to bottom but I don’t think it’s as much of a difference people make it out to be. I mean, The Incredible Hulk and Thor Dark World were terrible along with probably Iron Man 2. If I had the time, I would add up their rotten tomato scores to get an average but who has time for that?

Edit: ok I did it. First 8 get an average score of 78.13% and the last 8 get a score of 77.75%. If not for the 47% Eternals score, the last 8 would’ve won.
    Does the Ed Norton Hulk count as part of the MCU?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Yup. The original plan was for Ed Norton to continue playing Banner. To be charitable, he was difficult during the production of The Incredible Hulk so he was replaced by Mark Ruffalo. Ruffalo was actually the director’s first choice but Marvel wanted Norton because he was the bigger name.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    Yup. The original plan was for Ed Norton to continue playing Banner. To be charitable, he was difficult during the production of The Incredible Hulk so he was replaced by Mark Ruffalo. Ruffalo was actually the director’s first choice but Marvel wanted Norton because he was the bigger name.
    I couldn't remember if there was any Nick Fury appearance at the end or any other crossover.

Ruffalo certainly made the character more interesting, in my opinion.

Only if we also include American History X.

I couldn't remember if there was any Nick Fury appearance at the end or any other crossover.
    The crossover is Gen. Thunderbolt Ross, played by William Hurt. He makes his first appearance in Incredible Hulk but then also appears in Civil War, Infinity War, Endgame, and Black Widow.

There is also a post-credit scene in Incredible Hulk where Tony Stark (RDJr) approaches Thunderbolt Ross in a bar and says, "We're putting a team together."
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Ant-man and the Wasp: Quantumania introduces us to the next big bad guy in the Marvel Cinematic Universe... and does little else. It isn't a bad movie (like Thor Love and Thunder was) but is nowhere near the heights reached earlier in the MCU. Be prepared for pages and pages of exposition... followed by a couple short action scenes... and then more pages and pages of exposition. Yay.

Here is my 100-word review: https://flixchat.blogspot.com/2023/0...s-ant-man.html

Really eager to hear what other think of this flick. After reading other reviews, I'm a lot kinder to it than many critics have been.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Really eager to hear what other think of this flick. After reading other reviews, I'm a lot kinder to it than many critics have been.
    You'll have to wait til it comes out on Disney+ to hear my take. Currently sitting at 48% on RT.
    Ewww.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

New Mandalorian episodes streaming March 1.

New Ted Lasso episodes streaming March 15.

{smile}

Ant-man and the Wasp: Quantumania introduces us to the next big bad guy in the Marvel Cinematic Universe... and does little else. It isn't a bad movie (like Thor Love and Thunder was) but is nowhere near the heights reached earlier in the MCU. Be prepared for pages and pages of exposition... followed by a couple short action scenes... and then more pages and pages of exposition. Yay.
    I can already tell I'm probably not going to enjoy this. The entire point of the Ant-Man movies is that they are light and fun because they have to do none of the heavy lifting of setting up the MCU. The first movie is barely a superhero movie, and more of a heist movie. Connections to the MCU were limited to occasional Avengers references, a Falcon appearance, and the end credit scenes. I would guess that Michael Peña has more total lines of dialogue than any other civilian in the Marvel movies (except for maybe Jacob Batalon in three Spider-Man movies).

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    New Mandalorian episodes streaming March 1.

New Ted Lasso episodes streaming March 15.

{smile}
    Also new Yellowjackets and new Succession.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    You'll have to wait til it comes out on Disney+ to hear my take. Currently sitting at 48% on RT.
    Ewww.
    But has an 84% audience score. What I’ve heard from friends basically echos what Jason has said about it. I’ll be waiting for the Disney+ release as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I'm halfway through Bad Sisters on Apple and it's excellent. I don't remember it being discussed here.

Sharon Horgan, co-writer and one of the main characters, is a gem. I also recommend the show Catastrophe, which she starred in and (I think) co-wrote.
    My wife and I are enjoying Bad Sisters quite a lot. We’ve watched two episodes thus far. We might have time to watch episode 3 tonight when we return to Chapel Hill from NYC.

Speaking of NYC, we’re on Governor’s Island right now and are soon to take the ferry back to the Financial District where we’ll eat lunch and drink some local beers at the historic Fraunces Tavern — the place where George Washington gave his farewell speech to his officers, and where Aaron Burr and Alexander Hamilton were together just days before their infamous duel.

Looking forward to it! Can’t believe it was built in 1719. 😮

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    My wife and I are enjoying Bad Sisters quite a lot. We’ve watched two episodes thus far. We might have time to watch episode 3 tonight when we return to Chapel Hill from NYC.

Speaking of NYC, we’re on Governor’s Island right now and are soon to take the ferry back to the Financial District where we’ll eat lunch and drink some local beers at the historic Fraunces Tavern — the place where George Washington gave his farewell speech to his officers, and where Aaron Burr and Alexander Hamilton were together just days before their infamous duel.

Looking forward to it! Can’t believe it was built in 1719. 😮
    Governors Island is awesome. Beautiful views of the city - I take my kids there for bike riding.

Frances Tavern has incredible history. Food is ok. I worked near there for a while and also had my farewell drinks there! Be sure to walk up the block to the stock exchange - you are very close.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    I worked near there for a while and also had my farewell drinks there! Be sure to walk up the block to the stock exchange - you are very close.
    Your farewell drinks??

Headed to Stock Exchange now. 👍

When you disbanded your army?

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Your farewell drinks??

Headed to Stock Exchange now. 👍
    When I quit to go elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    When I quit to go elsewhere.
    Ahhh, Bach. ✅

You might not get that reference, but that’s okay.