Page 122 of 165 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,440 of 3288
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Haha, wife and I started watching episode 1 of “The Last of Us” on Monday. I was thinking it was a global pandemic scenario similar to Covid, but worse. But once we found out it was yet another zombie thing, I quickly searched for an alternative and came up with “Succession”.

Zombies are so played-out. Actually, they’re beyond played-out. How many times are they going to do this?? And why is it that they always portray zombies behaving in exactly the same manner? I just don’t get it.
    Because smart zombies would win, and where is the fun.

Haha, wife and I started watching episode 1 of “The Last of Us” on Monday. I was thinking it was a global pandemic scenario similar to Covid, but worse. But once we found out it was yet another zombie thing, I quickly searched for an alternative and came up with “Succession”.

Zombies are so played-out. Actually, they’re beyond played-out. How many times are they going to do this?? And why is it that they always portray zombies behaving in exactly the same manner? I just don’t get it.
    I also am not a zombie show fan but so far there are enough other redeeming things about the series to make it interesting to me. If it starts to be predominately been-there-done-that zombie scenes I will abandon. But I'm optimistic that the creators of the show are better than that.

Btw I love Succession. Some of the best dialogue on tv.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    Because smart zombies would win, and where is the fun.
    Lol.

I’ll give you that it was sort of fun — but not really — the first 18,000 times I read about or saw zombies portrayed in books, movies, video games, and tv shows. But at 18,001 I drew a line.

Lol.

I’ll give you that it was sort of fun — but not really — the first 18,000 times I read about or saw zombies portrayed in books, movies, video games, and tv shows. But at 18,001 I drew a line.
    Scuttlebutt is that episode 3 is going to be Crackerjack. And it has Nick Offerman. I'd suggest sticking around for that one and deciding afterwards. But you do you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Scuttlebutt is that episode 3 is going to be Crackerjack. And it has Nick Offerman. I'd suggest sticking around for that one and deciding afterwards. But you do you.
    I’m unfamiliar with “Scuttlebutt”, “Crackerjack”, and Nick Offerman 😉, but maybe after we watch the 29 episodes of “Succession” I’ll give “The Last of Us” another try. But it will have to be by myself in the 3rd floor theater room, rather than in the den where my wife and I watch shows together, because she is even more zombie averse than I.

I’m unfamiliar with “Scuttlebutt”, “Crackerjack”, and Nick Offerman 😉, but maybe after we watch the 29 episodes of “Succession” I’ll give “The Last of Us” another try. But it will have to be by myself in the 3rd floor theater room, rather than in the den where my wife and I watch shows together, because she is even more zombie averse than I.
    It's a violent show. No arguing that. If it isn't your thing, no amount of Nick Offerman will alleviate that. Stick with Succession in that case.

Far fewer F bombs in zombies tho.

It's a violent show. No arguing that. If it isn't your thing, no amount of Nick Offerman will alleviate that. Stick with Succession in that case.

Far fewer F bombs in zombies tho.
    Do you know how it is when you’re married and a lot of decisions are no longer yours to make? Yeah.

So even if I were a total zombiephile it still wouldn’t fly. The other night when we were watching “The Last of Us” episode 1 and zombies made their initial appearance she was like “Zombies? Really? You do know there is no chance zombies could ever actually exist, right?” And I said “Hey, I didn’t write the script. I thought this was going to be like a Covid-type thing. Chillax.”

“Succession” quickly followed.

I guess when you see 50 patients a day over 10 hours without a lunch or bathroom break, you don’t want to come home and watch zombies. 😜

Do you know how it is when you’re married and a lot of decisions are no longer yours to make? Yeah.

So even if I were a total zombiephile it still wouldn’t fly. The other night when we were watching “The Last of Us” episode 1 and zombies made their initial appearance she was like “Zombies? Really? You do know there is no chance zombies could ever actually exist, right?” And I said “Hey, I didn’t write the script. I thought this was going to be like a Covid-type thing. Chillax.”

“Succession” quickly followed.

I guess when you see 50 patients a day over 10 hours without a lunch or bathroom break, you don’t want to come home and watch zombies. 😜
    I am familiar with this concept of "marriage" you speak of.

The SO is always right but Ophiocordyceps unilateralis is real.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    I watched Violent Night on Peacock streaming...LOL! What a horribly stupid, gratuitously violent and poorly acted movie. I enjoyed it very much.
    I watched it last night too. I was looking for Poker Face. Dumb fun. Thought Santa, the little girl and Leguizamo were fine. The actor playing the girl’s father though, he was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    Ophiocordyceps unilateralis is real.
    Yes it is! But fortunately, it affects ants, not humans. So rest easy, my friend. 😅

Yes it is! But fortunately, it affects ants, not humans. So rest easy, my friend. 😅
    Apparently not. I'm watching this documentary and apparently because of global warming it has evolved so it can spread in humans very rapidly and you have to bomb cities to slow it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    Apparently not. I'm watching this documentary and apparently because of global warming it has evolved so it can spread in humans very rapidly and you have to bomb cities to slow it down.
    All great Sci Fi is just playing out things that could happen under the right circumstances or with a few nudges.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    with a few nudges.
    They don't call it gain of function research for nuthin'

All great Sci Fi is just playing out things that could happen under the right circumstances or with a few nudges.
    I'm not sure if that's "all great sci-fi," but definitely the most unsettling sci-fi.

I'm not sure if that's "all great sci-fi," but definitely the most unsettling sci-fi.
    I come hard and hot with my takes or not at all.

Alien is great sci-fi. And unsettling to be sure. Not sure it qualifies in your equation.

This too reminds me of my honeymoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    The SO is always right but Ophiocordyceps unilateralis is real.

I watched it last night too. I was looking for Poker Face. Dumb fun. Thought Santa, the little girl and Leguizamo were fine. The actor playing the girl’s father though, he was terrible.
    The little girl was definitely the best. The "Home alone" homage was the great.

The Will Smith movie, "I am Legend" toyed with a different kind of zombie... but only toyed with it and never really fleshed it out. The original premise, many years ago, of "I am Legend" is fascinating as over the course of the book, the protagonist (a normal human man) realizes that he is actually the monster who is threatening the undead/vampires who have taken over the rest of society. The book ends with the main character acknowledging that he has become the boogeyman legend, much like the way we consider vampires to be legends today.

I dearly wish they had made that movie, but they went a different way. It is fine and is different from other zombie/mass-infected films, but not nearly as interesting as the original premise.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    The Will Smith movie, "I am Legend" toyed with a different kind of zombie... but only toyed with it and never really fleshed it out. The original premise, many years ago, of "I am Legend" is fascinating as over the course of the book, the protagonist (a normal human man) realizes that he is actually the monster who is threatening the undead/vampires who have taken over the rest of society. The book ends with the main character acknowledging that he has become the boogeyman legend, much like the way we consider vampires to be legends today.

I dearly wish they had made that movie, but they went a different way. It is fine and is different from other zombie/mass-infected films, but not nearly as interesting as the original premise.

If they remade that movie today but Will Smith as the bad guy, I think it would be pretty believable!