Page 113 of 165 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,260 of 3288
    Quote Originally Posted by Doria01 View Post
    I’m a little surprised, but nonetheless, I will add it to my list of options for movies this weekend. Thanks for sharing the review, as always.
    I'm not out on a limb on this one... The Menu is at 91% on Rotten Tomatoes. I think most of my critic friends liked it even more than I did.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I'm not out on a limb on this one... The Menu is at 91% on Rotten Tomatoes. I think most of my critic friends liked it even more than I did.
    Wife and I saw it today, wasn’t sure she would enjoy it, but she liked it even more than I did. Not for everyone, but an interesting and certainly not boring cold weather day movie.

If you grew up in a certain time and place, Weird is just delightful. Just made me smile ear to ear.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    If you grew up in a certain time and place, Weird is just delightful. Just made me smile ear to ear.
    Where can I watch it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Where can I watch it?
    Roku Channel. Free.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Where can I watch it?
    It's streaming free on Hulu now. I got to it through Amazon Prime. And it is a fun watch.

Also, I listened to Terry Gross interview Weird Al today. As always it was a great interview, and it was nice getting some insight into where he came from and how he does his work.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Ggallagher View Post
    It's streaming free on Hulu now. I got to it through Amazon Prime. And it is a fun watch.

Also, I listened to Terry Gross interview Weird Al today. As always it was a great interview, and it was nice getting some insight into where he came from and how he does his work.
    Fresh Air is almost always engaging, and her interview with Al was no exception. Hearing him speak about finding out about his parents' deaths before going on stage was a powerful part of the interview, as well as was his remembrance of performing Smells Like Nirvana in Seattle after Kurt Cobain's death.

PS...lots of light hearted moments in the interview, too! It wasn't all doom and gloom, ha!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

There is a pun in there somewhere.

Howard Stern Interview With Bruce Springsteen Set to Air on HBO

I know people have disparate views about Howard Stern due to his "shock jock" past, but if you're interested in seeing how he's become the best interviewer in the business (IMHO), I encourage you to watch this phenomenal HBO Special with Bruce Springsteen. The interview was aired live on SiriusXM, but the HBO Special includes video.

Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Spirited was just OK but Loren Woods plays the Ghost of Xmas Future (not voice). Blast from the past.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by acdevil View Post
    tales of the Jedi is good, not great.
    Well, I finally binged it today, and I'm gonna disagree. First off, it was SO easy to binge! The episodes are like 20 minutes max, so doing more than two or three is easy.

The first one actually had me questioning my decision because it started very darkly. Especially by Disney standards. Think Bambi's dad. Literally.

I think to truly appreciate it, again, you've had to be there from the beginning, and that's a tall ask of most people. But, for those like me who have followed the animated Clone Wars and Rebels, Tales of the Jedi fills many, many holes. My favorite moments were with Dewku (Screw you wankerizer!) and his growth from shady to flat out dark.
    It was an afternoon well spent while recovering from some outpatient surgery this morning. Exactly what the doctor ordered. (Well he didn't, but I might tell him he oughta.)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Based on this trailer, I think a solid argument can be made that Cocaine Bear is going to be the greatest movie ever made!!!

Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Based on this trailer, I think a solid argument can be made that Cocaine Bear is going to be the greatest movie ever made!!!

That looks pretty amazing. I'd say it would be the next Sharkando but it has some really high end talent in it so it could legit be good. Keri Russel, who I heart very much. The late Ray Liota. Jesse Tyler Ferguson. Solid crew.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    That looks pretty amazing. I'd say it would be the next Sharkando but it has some really high end talent in it so it could legit be good. Keri Russel, who I heart very much. The late Ray Liota. Jesse Tyler Ferguson. Solid crew.
    Do you know who is directing it?

First, I'd like to join the chorus that are praising and recommending Andor. I don't want to be too effusive, but I think it's significantly better than the Mandalorian or Boba Fett and probably among the best of all the Star Wars stories -- "old" or "new".

Am I the only person watching The Peripheral on Amazon Prime? I worry that it will lose its way like Westworld did (it's EPs are Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy, who created the HBO Westworld), but for now, I'm enjoying it. It's visually interesting, and the characters are interesting enough to keep coming back. Cyberpunk/Sci Fi for those interested. I don't think it's revolutionary TV or anything, but it's been good.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago 1995 View Post
    First, I'd like to join the chorus that are praising and recommending Andor. I don't want to be too effusive, but I think it's significantly better than the Mandalorian or Boba Fett and probably among the best of all the Star Wars stories -- "old" or "new".

Am I the only person watching The Peripheral on Amazon Prime? I worry that it will lose its way like Westworld did (it's EPs are Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy, who created the HBO Westworld), but for now, I'm enjoying it. It's visually interesting, and the characters are interesting enough to keep coming back. Cyberpunk/Sci Fi for those interested. I don't think it's revolutionary TV or anything, but it's been good.
    My wife and I are enjoying it. It does have the potential to derail... but so far, so good. We've seen three episodes.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

It's on my "To Do" list. I usually enjoy that type of atmosphere. And I'll take the opportunity, once again!, to strongly recommend Arcane on Netflix, even though it's now a year old. (Season 2 is in the works, but since it took six years to make season one, I can be patient.)
    It's literally the best "cyberpunk/sci-fi" creation ever, and way, way up there on my list of best animations. And take it from me, a person that doesn't know a single thing about the game it's based on, you don't have to know a single thing about the game it's based on.

Am I the only person watching The Peripheral on Amazon Prime...
    I've not watched it, but it was filmed all throughout western North Carolina, mainly Marshall, Asheville, and Sylva. Marshall and Asheville are both 15 minutes from me, and my wife grew up in Sylva.

And yet I still haven't watched it...Hmm...

Im through 5 episodes of Peripheral- it is great so far. Great writing and Chloe Grace Moretz is perfect in the lead. In fact the acting is great across the board.

How can I invest in the Sharknado vs Cocaine Bear film trilogy that 100% will be hitting our screens in 2024-2026?