Page 105 of 164 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,100 of 3263
    Jason/all, any thoughts on this?

https://twitter.com/reuters/status/1...jsjqojLM_fZcmw

‘In Bruges’ stars Colin Farrell and Brendan Gleeson are back with a new film together. ‘The Banshees of Inisherin’ premiered at the Venice Film Festival

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I'm not saying it is the best film ever made, but the collective praise for TG:Maverick from audiences is pretty darn close to unprecedented.
    Another thing TG:Maverick did that was unprecedented? It led the box office on both Memorial Day and Labor Day weekends. That's really pretty amazing when you think about it, even though a lot that is simply due to a dearth of good films at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Jason/all, any thoughts on this?

https://twitter.com/reuters/status/1...jsjqojLM_fZcmw

‘In Bruges’ stars Colin Farrell and Brendan Gleeson are back with a new film together. ‘The Banshees of Inisherin’ premiered at the Venice Film Festival
    The buzz for this flick is fabulous. I was all-in as soon as I saw the trailer about a month ago and realized it was bringing the In Bruges cast and director back together. I am a big believer in writer/directors who make quality films and Martin McDonagh (In Bruges, Seven Psychopaths, Three Billboards) is one of the best.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Anyone watch Industry on HBO orZeroZeroZero on Amazon?

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Anyone watch Industry on HBO orZeroZeroZero on Amazon?
    I’m watching Industry which, IMO, is mediocre. Seems more like a soap opera than a finance show. There lotsa shows I’d recommend before it.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    The buzz for this flick is fabulous. I was all-in as soon as I saw the trailer about a month ago and realized it was bringing the In Bruges cast and director back together. I am a big believer in writer/directors who make quality films and Martin McDonagh (In Bruges, Seven Psychopaths, Three Billboards) is one of the best.
    Thanks! In Bruges is one of my favorite films. Very excited to learn about this project.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    I’m watching Industry which, IMO, is mediocre. Seems more like a soap opera than a finance show. There lotsa shows I’d recommend before it.
    I’d probably peg it at above average but certainly not top shelf viewing. Not too much is really happening in Season 2 —- I think the show would benefit from more finance/market-driven tension. I do find several of the characters pretty interesting/enjoyable (like Eric).

I’d probably peg it at above average but certainly not top shelf viewing. Not too much is really happening in Season 2 —- I think the show would benefit from more finance/market-driven tension. I do find several of the characters pretty interesting/enjoyable (like Eric).
    Upon reflection, I agree with your rating. Life is way too short to watch average/mediocre shows.

I agree, Eric is my favorite character and a realistic portrayal of a partner getting ready to pull plug. I have not found Harper to be a realistic character. And, the guy too scared to make a phone call.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    Upon reflection, I agree with your rating. Life is way too short to watch average/mediocre shows.

I agree, Eric is my favorite character and a realistic portrayal of a partner getting ready to pull plug. I have not found Harper to be a realistic character. And, the guy too scared to make a phone call.
    Yeah, Harper does not do much for as the main character either. I get what they were trying to do with her character but I frankly just haven't found her all that interesting --- except her interactions with Eric (but that is because of him, not her). I do think they do a nice job of setting up certain elements of those high demand, high stress professions.

I do think they do a nice job of setting up certain elements of those high demand, high stress professions.
    I agree. A good example was having to pick which client to favor (in Eric’s absence) right before the bell.

OTOH, the amount and frequency of drugs and sex are being exaggerated. Every banker doesn’t get totally wasted, and sleep with a different person, every work night.
    Last edited by Jeffrey; 09-08-2022 at 03:09 PM.

Love and Thunder didn’t suck. Middle of the road marvel movie.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Italian show Il Processo on Netflix.
    I am studying Italian, so watched it just to work on listening comprehension, but I think unless you absolutely can't abide subtitles, this would be enjoyable to a lot of people.
    The story revolves around a prosecutor trying the murder case of a 17-year-old girl. The accused is the daughter of an incredibly wealthy and powerful man. The defense attorney is young and sharp but was largely hired because he was thought to be easily manipulated. To go any further would be to spoil a really good show.
    If you like legal shows at all this one is also fascinating because it gives a glimpse into a foreign system of jurisprudence. There are a lot of courtroom scenes, too.
    Overall, very enjoyable.

Just binge-watched the first six episodes of Cobra Kai Season 5. All I can say is, "Wow!" These writers keep upping the ante with every season, and this one is no different. Absolutely great stuff.

Highly recommended if you've been following. If not, watch the original films and then start watching this series. Won't take that long to catch up.

Enjoying the new Thor. It isn't as good as Thor: Ragnarok. But not much is.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Just binge-watched the first six episodes of Cobra Kai Season 5. All I can say is, "Wow!" These writers keep upping the ante with every season, and this one is no different. Absolutely great stuff.

Highly recommended if you've been following. If not, watch the original films and then start watching this series. Won't take that long to catch up.
    Good to hear. Will probably start tonight. Cobra Kai is a guilty pleasure.

Quote Originally Posted by acdevil View Post
    Good to hear. Will probably start tonight. Cobra Kai is a guilty pleasure.
    Yes it is. But I'm not ashamed to say I enjoy it immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    Last night I enjoyed watching the newly released first two episodes of "Welcome to Wrexham" (FX, Hulu), a documentary about Ryan Reynolds' and Rob McElhenny's purchase of Wrexham Football Club. It will follow their attempt to help lift it out of the doldrums, the lowly fifth division of English soccer where it's been stuck for the last decade and a half. Wrexham the town is a small working class town in Wales but it's team is, I believe, the third oldest soccer club in the world. At it's height it played in the Championship, one step below Premier League -- heady days for a town of 50k. But like industrial towns around the globe Wrexham the town has fallen on hard times and the club descended with it, getting demoted to 3rd, then 4th, and now 5th division soccer. Now neither Ryan or Rob know crap about soccer but they (well, mainly Ryan) are pouring their personal resources ($$) into the club as they try to get it promoted out of the National League, the single A of English soccer. I'm really looking forward to following along on this journey.

Note: The doc starts toward the end of the 2020 season and I assume will always be many months behind real time. Please don't give out any spoilers about how the club has done since then.
    Finally caught up on Welcome to Wrexham…I love it.

Buyer beware:
    1. I’m a Philly guy and love It’s Always Sunny.
    2. I love soccer and if I were as rich as Ryan Reynolds I would absolutely buy a football club (my semi-realistic dream is to own a small town sporting goods store when I retire).
    3. I am super sentimental about everything and it’s like they wrote this documentary to pull at my individual heart strings and I want to be a member of Wrexham even though I live in Connecticut. Ted Lasso is my favorite show.

If you are at all like me you’ll like this show. I’m sure it’s not for everyone. I’m thankful for rich celebrities who actually appear to be nice because it makes me feel good about the state of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
    Finally caught up on Welcome to Wrexham…I love it.

Buyer beware:
    1. I’m a Philly guy and love It’s Always Sunny.
    2. I love soccer and if I were as rich as Ryan Reynolds I would absolutely buy a football club (my semi-realistic dream is to own a small town sporting goods store when I retire).
    3. I am super sentimental about everything and it’s like they wrote this documentary to pull at my individual heart strings and I want to be a member of Wrexham even though I live in Connecticut. Ted Lasso is my favorite show.

If you are at all like me you’ll like this show. I’m sure it’s not for everyone. I’m thankful for rich celebrities who actually appear to be nice because it makes me feel good about the state of the world.
    “New car,
    Caviar,
    Four-star daydream,
    Guess I’ll buy me
    A football team.”

— Gooch

Wrexham is great, as is Lasso and Sunderland ‘til I Die.

Finished binging Cobra Kai Season 5. I'm pretty much speechless. Best season - by far - yet. The last episode was every fanboy's dream in terms of who threw hands/feet with who. Crazy last 60 seconds as well. The writers got me! That's all I'll say.

Confess, Fletch

If, like me, you are a fan of the original Fletch, you probably won't think much of Jon Hamm's new take on the character. Here is my #100WordReview of the occasionally funny film: https://flixchat.blogspot.com/2022/0...s-confess.html

Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?