Page 103 of 164 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 3263
    Quote Originally Posted by acdevil View Post
    It definitely has episodes that are incredibly hard to watch (looking at you 7.1). And if you think hard about it, it really is hard to say for certain who the good guys are at times.
    Without looking it up, I'm fairly certain Season 7 Episode 1 is when I quit.

That one left me shook for days.

And there is a later one that is even harder.

We're a few episodes in to Zero Zero Zero on Amazon Prime. It's excellent so far, really drawing us in. It's a pretty gritty drama that follows a shipment of drugs from Mexico in transit across the Atlantic to its destination in Italy. It builds the worlds in Mexico, on board the ship and in the destination in Italy. For those that don't like subtitles, it might be a bit of a bear --- the Italy scenes are in Italian, Mexico scenes in Spanish and everything else in English. Good stuff though.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8332438/

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Without looking it up, I'm fairly certain Season 7 Episode 1 is when I quit.
    I love Negan as a character and Jeffrey Dean Morgan is one of the better genre actors around these days (can't wait to see him on season 4 of The Boys) but I agree that there is a lot about Negan and Rick's relationship/fight that really does not work from a storytelling standpoint. The demise of Rick as a character to admire and root for was the point where the series began to really decline.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I have not bothered to pinpoint it, but around season 6 or 7, the Walking Dead became more a chore than a treat. I'm still slogging away at it, not really sure why, but am eager to see it end this winter. I doubt I will be watching any of the spin-offs or sequels.
    It is and has always been a soap opera, but featuring zombies. I can happily go long stretches without seeing an episode, so the long breaks between seasons are fine and dandy with me. When I ultimately do tune in, I blow through the whole season in a weekend.

As far as the spin-offs, I had no interest in them either, but was bored one day with absolutely nothing to choose from and watched FTWD. Same as above, Zombie Soap Opera, but it was enjoyable enough that I watched all of the seasons that were out in the span of two weeks. I'm kind of more interested in seeing how that one wraps up than I am the original.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I love Negan as a character and Jeffrey Dean Morgan is one of the better genre actors around these days (can't wait to see him on season 4 of The Boys)
    Ditto!!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

If this movie also gets a theatrical release, we may have to start the Oscar predictions thread early this year.

For 90s/early 00s kids ---- I watched the Netflix And 1 brand documentary this evening. I don't remember a brand appearing out of nowhere and cutting through quite like And 1 did in my teenage years. Was an interesting watch with lots of interviews w/ the And 1 streetball players and former owners.

https://www.vibe.com/news/movies-tv/...ix-1234681752/

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    For 90s/early 00s kids ---- I watched the Netflix And 1 brand documentary this evening. I don't remember a brand appearing out of nowhere and cutting through quite like And 1 did in my teenage years. Was an interesting watch with lots of interviews w/ the And 1 streetball players and former owners.

https://www.vibe.com/news/movies-tv/...ix-1234681752/
    Thanks - will check it out. Their marketing was really impressive and cutting edge at the time.

I believe one of the And1 founders is the coach or in some other way involved at the HS Reddish and Lively (among many others) went to in PA.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Thanks - will check it out. Their marketing was really impressive and cutting edge at the time.

I believe one of the And1 founders is the coach or in some other way involved at the HS Reddish and Lively (among many others) went to in PA.
    Yeah, the company was Paoli-based and completely mainstreamed streetball culture. They discuss some of the viral marketing that helped them catch lightening in a bottle. Interestingly, my current congresswoman, Chrissy Houlahan, was an And1 exec (along with her husband). JJ Redick interviewed her about running the company back when he was still Podcasting for The Ringer.

https://www.theringer.com/2018/11/1/...sis-of-decency

Looking forward to Cobra Kai Season 5 in just a couple of weeks. This series keeps upping the ante, and this upcoming season looks to be no different.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Looking forward to Cobra Kai Season 5 in just a couple of weeks. This series keeps upping the ante, and this upcoming season looks to be no different.
    Didn’t know it was coming back already. Awesome.

I haven't checking in to this thread in a long time so if I'm repeating someone, I'm sorry.

FX and Hulu makes some amazing television. I love Reservation Dogs, The Old Man, Bear and Welcome to Wrexham.

Reservation Dogs is a coming of age story of a group of teens on a reservation in Oklahoma. It is funny, sad and really well acted.

The Old Man is a sort of TV take on the movie "Taken". Jeff Bridges plays a former spy whose past comes back to haunt him now in his old age.

Bear is a story of a world class chef that inherits the run down family restaurant when his brother kills himself. The bulk of the show takes place in a tiny kitchen with all the characters present. It's really intense and well acted. I've read reviews on Twitter from people that worked in the restaurant industry that tell of having to turn off the TV and go for a walk because it is so lifelike and brought on anxiety. I also read that one of the episodes was filmed in a single take with a single camera.

The first two episodes of "Welcome to Wrexham" were great. Couldn't believe all the carnage after the second episode, but such is sports.

I haven't gotten into "The Patient" yet, but it looks great. My wife isn't on board. She thinks it looks to intense.

Anyway, I really enjoy/(ed) all of these shows and appreciate the content that FX is putting out.

I hadn't seen this trailer until today, but apparently there is a new Fletch movie coming out with John Hamm as Fletch?!? For someone who has seen the original films so many times I could probably recite every line, this is both exciting and terrifying

The new Weird Al movie looks fun.

Quote Originally Posted by mkirsh View Post
    I hadn't seen this trailer until today, but apparently there is a new Fletch movie coming out with John Hamm as Fletch?!? For someone who has seen the original films so many times I could probably recite every line, this is both exciting and terrifying

Fletch was funny. John Hamm is funny. This trailer doesn't look very funny.

Would love to be wrong.

The first trailer for Winnie the Pooh: Blood and Honey has dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    The first trailer for Winnie the Pooh: Blood and Honey has dropped.

That looks absolutely terrible. I thought it might be an SNL spoof at first. I guess slasher films aren’t my thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
    That looks absolutely terrible. I thought it might be an SNL spoof at first. I guess slasher films aren’t my thing.
    High art isn’t for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
    Definitely not my jar of honey.

IMHO this idea doesn't deserve anything more than the SNL skit treatment.
    Last edited by camion; 09-01-2022 at 08:09 AM.

Not even going to waste time watching the trailer. A lot of schlock out there, this fits right in.