Page 169 of 169 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169
Results 3,361 to 3,368 of 3368
    Quote Originally Posted by acdevil View Post
    Speaking of underdog movies, I just watched Boys in the Boat and it wasn’t bad. But not great either. It’s a feel good story but the character development is lacking.
    Yeah, having seen both movies I can tell you that Young Woman is a far better film -- more emotionally resonant because of the struggles of women to get anything close to fair recognition of their talents back then.

Also, I have corrected the typo on the date of the Olympics. Yikes!!
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by acdevil View Post
    Speaking of underdog movies, I just watched Boys in the Boat and it wasnít bad. But not great either. Itís a feel good story but the character development is lacking.

I also watched the Veil which is a spy thriller with Elisabeth Moss. Itís only six episodes and itís interesting but again, just ok.
    I enjoyed The Boys in the Boat, but it was very paint by numbers and there wasn't much to it.

Shortly after watching it, I watched Masters of the Air on Apple TV+, which also stars Callum Turner, who is quite good playing a completely different personality than he does as Joe Rantz in Boys.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Is that a character name or what you were mixing into your Pepsi?
    It was the name of the edible I wished I'd eaten...or maybe that would have made it worse?

Watched Hit Man over the weekend and found it a perfectly entertaining couple of hours. Glen Powell is a capital M movie star and all of his various hit man personae were amusing. And Adria Arjona oozes charisma - the camera loved her and her chemistry with Powell was great.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Quote Originally Posted by BrummieDevil View Post
    I enjoyed The Boys in the Boat, but it was very paint by numbers and there wasn't much to it.

Shortly after watching it, I watched Masters of the Air on Apple TV+, which also stars Callum Turner, who is quite good playing a completely different personality than he does as Joe Rantz in Boys.
    I enjoyed it too and agree with your characterization.

Watching the Leftovers now. Itís good, but itís also a tough watch.

Inside Out 2 is a return to winning form for Pixar. A delightful film that works for audiences of any age. Here is my 100-word review: https://flixchat.blogspot.com/2024/0...nside-out.html

Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

In the "not current" department, I finally got around to watching Peanut Butter Falcon yesterday on Netflix. I actively avoided it for a long time, because I find movies about people with disabilities are often very poor at telling a believable story. This one ended up doing better at that than I feared, but, weirdly, it had a couple of nonsensical special effects in it that took it out of the realm of serious and into comic fantasy. It's odd to me how just two moments of special effects in a movie that didn't actually need any special effects can completely change a film, but once the illusion is destroyed, there are limits to how much you can emotionally impact the audience. Overall, it was an unfortunate miss.