Page 127 of 166 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,540 of 3310
    https://twitter.com/JasonDukeEvans/s...00294407188481

Other than my family, there are two things in life I truly love... basketball and movies. Movies and basketball.

So, yeah, I'm kinda excited about #Air, the story of how Nike and Michael Jordan remade the entire shoe industry.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

That looks awesome, and I hadn’t heard about it at all. Really looking forward to it!

You lost me at Jordan.

I'm sure it's a fine movie, but definitely not for me. I'd vomit in my mouth the first time his name was mentioned and I'd be spewing junks by the 10th time.

I'm halfway through Bad Sisters on Apple and it's excellent. I don't remember it being discussed here.

Sharon Horgan, co-writer and one of the main characters, is a gem. I also recommend the show Catastrophe, which she starred in and (I think) co-wrote.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I'm halfway through Bad Sisters on Apple and it's excellent. I don't remember it being discussed here.

Sharon Horgan, co-writer and one of the main characters, is a gem. I also recommend the show Catastrophe, which she starred in and (I think) co-wrote.
    Strongly second the recommendation for Bad Sisters. A really fun show. I also enjoyed Catastrophe but it’s not for everyone. Watch the latter if messy relationship comedy is entertaining to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    Strongly second the recommendation for Bad Sisters. A really fun show. I also enjoyed Catastrophe but it’s not for everyone. Watch the latter if messy relationship comedy is entertaining to you.
    I’m interested. I loved Catastrophe, Sharon Horgan and Irish comedies in general. I’m also a huge fan of Sharon’s fellow Irishwoman and bestie, Aisling Bea. The two costarred in This Way Up. If you liked Catastrophe, you’ll like This Way Up. Sharon plays the “Straight” role and Aisling Bea is hilarious. You can stream it on Hulu.

And it appears to be 9-5 Duke at halftime.

The clock on the video only changes sporadically. Doesn't actually run.

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    And it appears to be 9-5 Duke at halftime.

The clock on the video only changes sporadically. Doesn't actually run.
    Lacrosse?

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    I’m interested. I loved Catastrophe, Sharon Horgan and Irish comedies in general. I’m also a huge fan of Sharon’s fellow Irishwoman and bestie, Aisling Bea. The two costarred in This Way Up. If you liked Catastrophe, you’ll like This Way Up. Sharon plays the “Straight” role and Aisling Bea is hilarious. You can stream it on Hulu.
    Rob Delaney is our good friends' son in law. Apparently a great dude. They had a son who passed very young. Incredibly tragic.

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    Thanks - I’ll check it out.

The entire ensemble of Bad Sisters was great. Besides Horgan I liked Eve Hewson as the cynical struggling in life and love baby sister. And Claes Bang was perfect as the massively hatable husband. Surprised to see he is Danish - never would have guessed.

Ant-man and the Wasp: Quantumania introduces us to the next big bad guy in the Marvel Cinematic Universe... and does little else. It isn't a bad movie (like Thor Love and Thunder was) but is nowhere near the heights reached earlier in the MCU. Be prepared for pages and pages of exposition... followed by a couple short action scenes... and then more pages and pages of exposition. Yay.

Here is my 100-word review: https://flixchat.blogspot.com/2023/0...s-ant-man.html

Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Aside from Black Panther, the MCU seems to be on bit of a weak streak.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Assume you are talking about Black Panther 2. And even that wasn't that great. Since Endgame, they seems to be floundering about. I mean, No Way Home, Multiverse of Madness, and Wakanda Forever are the only films since then that even have a prayer of being listed in the top 50% of the MCU.

Quantumania is currently at 58% on Rotten Tomatoes, just the second MCU film ever to be "rotten," though I think it is more like a 65-70% RT kinda film.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Assume you are talking about Black Panther 2. And even that wasn't that great. Since Endgame, they seems to be floundering about. I mean, No Way Home, Multiverse of Madness, and Wakanda Forever are the only films since then that even have a prayer of being listed in the top 50% of the MCU.

Quantumania is currently at 58% on Rotten Tomatoes, just the second MCU film ever to be "rotten," though I think it is more like a 65-70% RT kinda film.
    Shang-Chi and No Way Home are right up there with the super good Endgame-and-before MCU movies, both easily top half IMO. The rest I agree are steps below.

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    Shang-Chi and No Way Home are right up there with the super good Endgame-and-before MCU movies, both easily top half IMO. The rest I agree are steps below.
    Yeah, I underrate that film. I really disliked the godawful final fight. The film started out promising but went off the rails in the final third.

I wonder, did the MCU reach to high with Infinity War and Endgame? That even what would have been a very good movie now seems a bit mediocre? It's a bit like Duke and Carolina fans where after decades with K/Smith/Williams...that a 10 loss season seems like a huge disappointment, but the fact is for 80% of the teams out there...it would be a FANTASTIC season.

Has the bar just been set too high?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    I wonder, did the MCU reach to high with Infinity War and Endgame? That even what would have been a very good movie now seems a bit mediocre? It's a bit like Duke and Carolina fans where after decades with K/Smith/Williams...that a 10 loss season seems like a huge disappointment, but the fact is for 80% of the teams out there...it would be a FANTASTIC season.

Has the bar just been set too high?
    I think it's more like they are running into the Pixar Syndrome. At some point, the excellence no longer reaches that high level that people come to expect with every outing. Who knows why. (Although, both have Disney's fingers all over them, so it's obviously a rodent problem. )
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I think it's more like they are running into the Pixar Syndrome. At some point, the excellence no longer reaches that high level that people come to expect with every outing. Who knows why. (Although, both have Disney's fingers all over them, so it's obviously a rodent problem. )
    I feel like their CGI is going way downhill.

We’re pretty hooked on Last of Us.

Also, wtf, bloaters?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    No Way Home was such a disappointment to me. Just wasn't a very good movie once you got past the nostalgia factor.