Page 168 of 169 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169 LastLast
Results 3,341 to 3,360 of 3368
    Iím surprised Ripley gets so little love here. It is the best TV series Iíve seen this year. Andrew Scott, the director and the cinematography all deserve Emmys.

We started watch the Ashley Madison doc. That YouTube couple might be my new least favorite people. Triggered such growing up in an up and coming god and football Dallas suburb vine.

I loved Furiosa. It may not be quite as special as Fury Road, but is still outstanding post-apocalyptic action. Here is my 100-word review: https://flixchat.blogspot.com/2024/0...s-furiosa.html

With the same eye-popping visual style (and stunts) that won numerous awards for Fury Road, this wonderful prequel is full of emotion and action.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

I haven't seen Fury Road since it originally came out. Jason, would you recommend one watch Furiosa now, then go back re-watch Fury Road? Or should one re-watch Fury Road first, to refamiliarize myself with the characters (assuming some appear in both movies), then watch the prequel?

Quote Originally Posted by construe View Post
    I haven't seen Fury Road since it originally came out. Jason, would you recommend one watch Furiosa now, then go back re-watch Fury Road? Or should one re-watch Fury Road first, to refamiliarize myself with the characters (assuming some appear in both movies), then watch the prequel?
    I really don't think you need to revisit Fury Road to appreciate this film. It may enhance a couple of the smaller side-characters who appear in both movies, but nothing too major. If anything, it may cause the Theron to Taylor-Joy change to stick out even more, which could be a bit problematic.

Bottom line -- Furiosa stands on its own perfectly fine (though the ending really does a nice job of connecting to Fury Road).
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Cobra Kai Season 6, the final season, just wrapped up filming in Atlanta earlier this week. Iím amazed at how good this Netflix series has been. This show has managed to pull off the perfect blend of nostalgia and new generation vibes. Great series that only gets better with each new season.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I really don't think you need to revisit Fury Road to appreciate this film. It may enhance a couple of the smaller side-characters who appear in both movies, but nothing too major. If anything, it may cause the Theron to Taylor-Joy change to stick out even more, which could be a bit problematic.

Bottom line -- Furiosa stands on its own perfectly fine (though the ending really does a nice job of connecting to Fury Road).
    Here is my weekly video segment for WXIA 11-Alive (we had to do it via Zoom this week rather than being in studio). Our film this week -- Furiosa!

This Bad Boys promo with Jimmy Butler (and a special guest near the end that you MUST SEE!!) is pretty darn clever--

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Cobra Kai Season 6, the final season, just wrapped up filming in Atlanta earlier this week. I’m amazed at how good this Netflix series has been. This show has managed to pull off the perfect blend of nostalgia and new generation vibes. Great series that only gets better with each new season.
    Cobra Kai just crossed my mind the other day and it hit me how infrequently I think about it during its offseasons, but it has been absolute nostalgia fuel throughout and so enjoyable to watch as an OG Karate Kid fan.

It never had any right to be this good, but they nailed it. Terry ****in' Silver, man.

Quote Originally Posted by BrummieDevil View Post
    Cobra Kai just crossed my mind the other day and it hit me how infrequently I think about it during its offseasons, but it has been absolute nostalgia fuel throughout and so enjoyable to watch as an OG Karate Kid fan.

It never had any right to be this good, but they nailed it. Terry ****in' Silver, man.
    I know the sound editor for the Cobra Kai series. He has been nominated for several Emmys, but hasnít won yet.

That show is ridiculous.

And I love every minute of it.

I don't think it is possible to avoid tearing up while watching this janitor from Indiana sing on America's Got Talent.

This clip made my day...

I don't think it is possible to avoid tearing up while watching this janitor from Indiana sing on America's Got Talent.

This clip made my day...

It's always jarring, in a good way, when someone is able to nail a Steve Perry song.

I went to a Journey/Def Leppard concert years ago that just happened to be during a brief period when Journey's lead singer did not sound like Steve Perry (unlike the first and most recent post-Perry lead singers) and it just felt wrong.

Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes is a wonder to behold, but has a script that leaves much to be desired. You can read (a little bit) more in my 100-word review: https://flixchat.blogspot.com/2024/0...ingdom-of.html
    You said it. Amazing to look at, many yawns despite seeing it in the middle of the afternoon and drinking an enormous Diet Pepsi. It needed more Raka.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    You said it. Amazing to look at, many yawns despite seeing it in the middle of the afternoon and drinking an enormous Diet Pepsi. It needed more Raka.
    Is that a character name or what you were mixing into your Pepsi?

Disney is really good at underdog sports movies and that puts Young Woman and the Sea right in their wheelhouse. Here is my 100-word review: https://flixchat.blogspot.com/2024/0...ews-young.html

With a sweeping score and an emotional story you cannot help but get sucked into rooting for these characters.

This clip made my day...

AGT is a guilty pleasure for me and I really enjoyed this guy. A 20+ year janitor at the school about 2 blocks from his childhood home that he still lived in. Those students must bug him to sing all the time!

Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    AGT is a guilty pleasure for me and I really enjoyed this guy. A 20+ year janitor at the school about 2 blocks from his childhood home that he still lived in. Those students must bug him to sing all the time!
    I loved that one.

Nearby I noticed a Christmas present from BGT. Sydney Christmas singing a lovely version of Tomorrow. The song starts at about the 2 minute mark.

Disney is really good at underdog sports movies and that puts Young Woman and the Sea right in their wheelhouse. Here is my 100-word review: https://flixchat.blogspot.com/2024/0...ews-young.html

Born in 1905 but won medal(s) in the 2024 Olympics?

Speaking of underdog movies, I just watched Boys in the Boat and it wasnít bad. But not great either. Itís a feel good story but the character development is lacking.

I also watched the Veil which is a spy thriller with Elisabeth Moss. Itís only six episodes and itís interesting but again, just ok.