Page 123 of 164 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,460 of 3263
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    If they remade that movie today but Will Smith as the bad guy, I think it would be pretty believable!
    How long will he be slapped in the face with such remarks?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    The Will Smith movie, "I am Legend" toyed with a different kind of zombie... but only toyed with it and never really fleshed it out. The original premise, many years ago, of "I am Legend" is fascinating as over the course of the book, the protagonist (a normal human man) realizes that he is actually the monster who is threatening the undead/vampires who have taken over the rest of society. The book ends with the main character acknowledging that he has become the boogeyman legend, much like the way we consider vampires to be legends today.

I dearly wish they had made that movie, but they went a different way. It is fine and is different from other zombie/mass-infected films, but not nearly as interesting as the original premise.
    I hated that Sam (his pup) died. Didn't care about the humans or Zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    I hated that Sam (his pup) died. Didn't care about the humans or Zombies.
    The dog was the star of that movie, no question about it. Easily among the top 5 realistic dog roles ever on film.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

I read I am Legend then watched the movie on a transatlantic flight while squished in a window seat. It sucked, both the seat and the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    How long will he be slapped in the face with such remarks?
    Chris didn’t die for HIS sins!

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    The Will Smith movie, "I am Legend" toyed with a different kind of zombie... but only toyed with it and never really fleshed it out. The original premise, many years ago, of "I am Legend" is fascinating as over the course of the book, the protagonist (a normal human man) realizes that he is actually the monster who is threatening the undead/vampires who have taken over the rest of society. The book ends with the main character acknowledging that he has become the boogeyman legend, much like the way we consider vampires to be legends today.

I dearly wish they had made that movie, but they went a different way. It is fine and is different from other zombie/mass-infected films, but not nearly as interesting as the original premise.
    Yes, I loved the ending the book. It was such a great twist to shift your perspective about the world. A lot of great Sci-fi does that and you can see it's application in so many different PPB topics which I won't get into. Likely we could all use a really good shock to our world view every so often.

Was just reminded of True Detective on another thread. I LOVED the first season. I never got into season two and didn't watch season three.

Now I hear there is a new season (off shoot? Spin off?) coming soon to HBO. What do people think about seasons two and three, and has anyone got scuttlebutt on the new show?

Just finished the second season of Slow Horses. Top notch in my book, and probably better than season one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Was just reminded of True Detective on another thread. I LOVED the first season. I never got into season two and didn't watch season three.

Now I hear there is a new season (off shoot? Spin off?) coming soon to HBO. What do people think about seasons two and three, and has anyone got scuttlebutt on the new show?
    I am currently watching Season 3, and so far it is up there with Season 1 (which I also LOVED). Season 2 was not even close to 1 or 3. I am happy to hear there will be a Season 4.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    I was referring to both the Star Wars movie and the game. Both I felt made plot lines that detracted from the experience and served no purpose to the overal story.

For the Last of Us, I very much disliked an early choice they made for the plot that changed it greatly from the first game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Interesting. I'd be interested to talk more about that in PMs. It made tons of narrative sense to me. But would definitely be a huge spoiler for the show to discuss here.
    Last of Us Video Game Part 1 and 2 spoilers follow - avoid if you are watching the show and have not played both games

Spoiler!

Hallelujah: Leonard Cohen A Journey, A Somg

Just watched it on Netflix. A documentary about Cohen using the song as the focus. Well done.

Hallelujah: Leonard Cohen, A Journey...co/kgs/GVauzU

Quote Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post
    Last of Us Video Game Part 1 and 2 spoilers follow - avoid if you are watching the show and have not played both games

Spoiler!
    That was the most divisive moment. But there were many other pieces of the game that inflamed certain people.

I thought it was magnificent.

You guys are really tempting me but I’m trying to stay strong

My wife and I saw "Missing" this weekend. Other than the people next to us who felt compelled to editorialize to each other, it was a mildly entertaining, even if it did have some inconsistencies. The story is told mostly through pictures and stories through one or more devices, which was something I'd never seen before, but I understand has been done before. I didn't much care for the ending, but OK. It was, as I said, mildly entertaining. I'd give it a C+. Missable, but not bad.

I'm about half-way through the new season of Fauda and it is not disappointing.
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.

Wow what a powerful episode of Last of Us

I’m also one episode into Poker Face and I’m intrigued.

Quote Originally Posted by Channing View Post
    I'm about half-way through the new season of Fauda and it is not disappointing.
    I tried Fauda for the first time last week. Quit after one episode - too real for me. I don't want to live the never ending cycle of violence that is the Palestine - Israel conflict. There are no heroes, no pure villains. Both sides have taken positions that are untenable to the other so they just kill each other endlessly. But it seemed to be a very well-made show if that is your cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by mkirsh View Post
    Wow what a powerful episode of Last of Us

I’m also one episode into Poker Face and I’m intrigued.
    Wow. Yeah. I kept hearing episode three would be intense. But I was somehow expecting a very different sort of intensity.

It hit pretty solidly.

I’ll give 2 thumbs up the “The Outlaws”. What’s not to like about some Brits, the cute ginger from Poldark and Christopher Walken?? It’s on Amazon Prime and I would categorize it as a British Dramady.

if you are more adventurous and enjoy some off-beat or art-house shows, try “Mammals” on Prime and “Brand New Cherry Flavor” on Netflix. The latter is indescribable but you’ll know if your down for it after the first episode. Kathryn Keener is excellent in that one.

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    I’ll give 2 thumbs up the “The Outlaws”. What’s not to like about some Brits, the cute ginger from Poldark and Christopher Walken?? It’s on Amazon Prime and I would categorize it as a British Dramady.

if you are more adventurous and enjoy some off-beat or art-house shows, try “Mammals” on Prime and “Brand New Cherry Flavor” on Netflix. The latter is indescribable but you’ll know if your down for it after the first episode. Kathryn Keener is excellent in that one.
    Poldark rides his horse (and very adroitly) for two reasons: sex and social justice.