Page 140 of 165 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150 ... LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,800 of 3288
    Quote Originally Posted by wavedukefan70s View Post
    It's not a movie .but I cut cable and now stream .there's a free service called Tubi that I downloaded. Seems to have quite a lot of movies .they have commercials that's a draw back. In my opinion it's the best free steaming services I've came across so far.might be worth a try for those that are interested.
    Sorry - I can't watch commercials. My body is allergic to them and it breaks out in hives if they come on.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    Sorry - I can't watch commercials. My body is allergic to them and it breaks out in hives if they come on.
    Then you are missing the commercial that will sell you the treatment for that.*

*Side effects include social distance inducing body functions and a possibility of death.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    I sometimes watch commercials, but I don't listen to them. I usually mute them and check email on my phone. Often I go to the fridge to find myself a refreshing beverage.*

Is it Peacock that has all of its commercials at the start? I like that. That way I can ignore all of them at once.

*Don't be tempted to turn this into a drinking game. The least serious consequence will be many bathroom trips.
    Last edited by camion; 05-28-2023 at 09:43 AM.

Partly Orlando, FL partly heard Sandpoint, ID
    As an odd note, my kids (9 and 4), have grown up overseas and with streaming, so they aren't used to commercials, but get excited when one comes on(in Hulu usually)

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    I sometimes watch commercials, but I don't listen to them. I usually mute them and check email on my phone. Often I go to the fridge to find myself a refreshing beverage.*

Is it Peacock that has all of its commercials at the start
    ? I like that. That way I can ignore all of them at once.

*Don't be tempted to turn this into a drinking game. The least serious consequence will be many bathroom trips.
    It depends. The movies are all at the beginning but the shows vary. Poker Face had two maybe three commercial breaks within the show. There is also a static ad if you pause anything.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Then you are missing the commercial that will sell you the treatment for that.*

*Side effects include social distance inducing body functions and a possibility of death.
    I tried an OTC medication called Commercial Lube but they still hurt going in.

Quote Originally Posted by Deslok View Post
    As an odd note, my kids (9 and 4), have grown up overseas and with streaming, so they aren't used to commercials, but get excited when one comes on(in Hulu usually)
    That will end when they discover YouTube. There's nothing I hate more than bot-inserted ads. They are stupidly based just one time and interrupt sentences or otherwise completely screw up the actual content, rather than just being a relatively civilized break you have to tolerate.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    That will end when they discover YouTube. There's nothing I hate more than bot-inserted ads. They are stupidly based just one time and interrupt sentences or otherwise completely screw up the actual content, rather than just being a relatively civilized break you have to tolerate.
    I think we are looking at a future where it becomes prohibitively expensive to avoid them. Ad-supported viewers make companies more money than ad-free ones. Companies are going to continue to raise the price for the ad free tier until it hits equilibrium. Newer streaming shows are already being designed for breakpoints that ads can be inserted like traditional TV. A lot of show creators don’t like it and have be vocal about it.

I just watched “Belfast” — fantastic movie.

Vast of Night (recommended earlier) is a fun quick watch, but not sure it’s as good as Jason and others made it out to be.

Just finished Goliath on Prime Video. First two seasons were better than the last two but all four were entertaining and Billy Bob Thornton played a great character.
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.

Just finished The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (Amazon Prime). Admittedly, the last couple of seasons I was tiring of the dialogue and interaction between the characters, but the series finale made it all worth it. That last episode was fantastic.

With Succession and Maisel out of the way, it's time to complete the trifecta and watch the final season of Ted Lasso.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

We watched episode 1 of the idol. It better get more interesting fast. Right now, looks pretty, but nothing interesting happened.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    It's so good.
    IT'S SOOOO, SO GOOD.
    The subject matter is so perfectly aimed at me that I used to half joke about "the day someone will make a mockumentary about the Electric Mayhem." I have a Dr. Teeth poster on my classroom wall. I have the band freaking tattooed on me. I own at least four Electric Mayhem t-shirts. I swear, it's as if someone burrowed into my brain, asking, "How can we make an entire season's worth of television content specifically for wilson?"
    It's mind-blowing to me that 1) this ever got made, and 2) it's actually as well-executed as it is. I'm still just overjoyed at the entire thing.
    I just finished this tonight and it was perfect Muppet television. I laughed. I cried during several episodes. I just about lost it at the Muppet cameo at the end of the ultimate concert. This show knew its beats and hit all of them. Were any of the human actors actually doing a decent acting job? No! But it didn’t matter - actually, in its own way, it did matter, and it made the show all the better. All of the Muppetness was everything one loves about the Muppets. Jim Henson would have been 100% proud of this production.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Well, the new Transformers film is here and, somehow, it isn't a total train wreck. Here is my 100-word review: https://flixchat.blogspot.com/2023/0...d-reviews.html

The first half of the movie was pretty watchable, but it soon devolves into a typical Transformers mess of confusing jargon and dizzying CGI action.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Well, the new Transformers film is here and, somehow, it isn't a total train wreck. Here is my 100-word review: https://flixchat.blogspot.com/2023/0...d-reviews.html
    Wow, it's at 67% on RT. That easily puts it at the top of the franchise (aside from the spinoff Bumblebee movie).
    Pretty impressive when a Transformers flick does even better than "well, it doesn't suck".

Even with the positive score, I'm still ok with not having it in my top 5 in the summer poll.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post

Is it Peacock that has all of its commercials at the start? I like that. That way I can ignore all of them at once.

The only time I leave commercials on is occasionaly when I’m watching sports on weekends. If I’ve been avoiding a chore like cleaning the kitchen, putting dishes away, etc. I will use the commercials as start-a-chore promots. Especially with football games you can get a lot done during the myriad commercial breaks!

Anyone watching Silo?

First six episodes have been outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Anyone watching Silo?

First six episodes have been outstanding.
    I'm enjoying it and have recommended it to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Just finished The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (Amazon Prime). Admittedly, the last couple of seasons I was tiring of the dialogue and interaction between the characters, but the series finale made it all worth it. That last episode was fantastic.

With Succession and Maisel out of the way, it's time to complete the trifecta and watch the final season of Ted Lasso.
    I’m a big Midge fan and thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish. It wasn’t a perfect show if want to nit pick but Rachel Brosnahan was fantastic.