Page 73 of 165 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 3288
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    SonPK suggested that we watch Hot Fuzz tonight, a send-up of buddy cop movies from the same folks that did Shawn of the Dead. Has anyone else seen this?
    This is an excellent movie, I think you will like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    This is an excellent movie, I think you will like it.
    We did. Perfect for the mood of the evening.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    He was aware that there was a Duke game followed by USA-Mexico?
    And what an enjoyable sports night it was. I even bet on Duke to cover - and they did…in the last minute… by 1/2 point.
    Then topped that off with a delicious Dos a cero dessert.

(I know — wrong thread. Sorry, but my joy cannot be contained!l)

Ok, for those like me into (sappy) RomComs, try Lovehard on Netflix.

Cute, appealing characters - and without trying to spoil, pays homage to my favorite RomCom, Love Actually.

And by the way, it is also set during the Christmas season.

Watched Red Notice on Netflix last night. It was fun, shot in beautiful locations, but too cutesy for a caper film. A little cutesy is okay but it this much cutesy.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Recently I finished The Last Kingdom, which I decided to check out after watching all of Vikings. I really enjoyed both shows (I liked Vikings more), and it was interesting to see the same historic characters appear or at least get mentioned.

Plus, I enjoy the history of that era. There is lots that is truly unknown about Viking culture, so the shows get to play with a bit of freedom.
    That being said, two nights ago I started Norsemen on Netflix. It is HILARIOUS!
    Think "The Office" in late 8th century Norway. Having watched the afore mentioned shows probably helps me enjoy it more, but even if you haven't you'd likely have fun.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Oh. My. Gawd! They’re rebooting Willow!!!!

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...175803239.html

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Recently I finished The Last Kingdom, which I decided to check out after watching all of Vikings. I really enjoyed both shows (I liked Vikings more), and it was interesting to see the same historic characters appear or at least get mentioned.

Plus, I enjoy the history of that era. There is lots that is truly unknown about Viking culture, so the shows get to play with a bit of freedom.
    Think "The Office" in late 8th century Norway. Having watched the afore mentioned shows probably helps me enjoy it more, but even if you haven't you'd likely have fun.
    I watched the Norsemen a year or two ago and loved it. There are some really funny scenes. Try not to be in the middle of drinking your favorite beverage when the dialog about being "bird blind" begins. You might make a mess.

Giving Shang-Chi and The Legend of The* Ten Rings a go tonight. Only about 20 minutes in but I'm enjoying it so far!

*I would have expected "The" to be lowercase but Disney+ has it uppercase (the way I wrote it here). Who is right?

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post

Just watched the first two episodes of Norsemen based on your post. Really enjoyed it!

SonPK suggested that we watch Hot Fuzz tonight, a send-up of buddy cop movies from the same folks that did Shawn of the Dead. Has anyone else seen this?
    I mean, it is an Edgar Wright film... everything he has made in his career is eminently watchable. I trust you have seen Scott Pilgrim, Shaun of the Dead, and Baby Driver, right?
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I mean, it is an Edgar Wright film... everything he has made in his career is eminently watchable. I trust you have seen Scott Pilgrim, Shaun of the Dead, and Baby Driver, right?
    Shaun of the Dead, yes, but not the others. Thanks for the recommendations for the other two — will add them to the list.

I'm a little late on this one, but I recommend Sir David Attenborough's "Life on Our Planet." He is in a singular role in human history to provide a "witness statement," as he declares the film. He is a master storyteller both in pictures and words, with a career spanning 70 years, from the first days when accessible modern travel allowed someone to document the natural world to the current uncertain times, with all the changes in between.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Giving Shang-Chi and The Legend of The* Ten Rings a go tonight. Only about 20 minutes in but I'm enjoying it so far!

*I would have expected "The" to be lowercase but Disney+ has it uppercase (the way I wrote it here). Who is right?
    Loved Shang-Chi. Top tier marvel movie for me. Just awesome fight scenes.

Just watched Shang Chi. For me it was pretty good, but not top tier. Maybe second tier.

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    Loved Shang-Chi. Top tier marvel movie for me. Just awesome fight scenes.
    Yeah, I thought it was really good. There were a couple aspects I found a little rushed/uncompelling, but overall it was a ton of fun and agreed that the action sequences were top notch. I'd have to think a little bit to decide exactly where I would place it, but off the cuff it is probably around #5 or close to it.

Shaun of the Dead, yes, but not the others. Thanks for the recommendations for the other two — will add them to the list.
    Baby Driver is one of my favorite movies of the past decade. It sorta goes off the rails a bit in the final third, but has some really wonderful writing and directing as well as some just brilliant driving sequences. Anyone who has been to Atlanta will recognize numerous locations in the film.

If you find a better opening credit sequence than this, I'm eager to see it --
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Baby Driver is one of my favorite movies of the past decade. It sorta goes off the rails a bit in the final third, but has some really wonderful writing and directing as well as some just brilliant driving sequences. Anyone who has been to Atlanta will recognize numerous locations in the film.

If you find a better opening credit sequence than this, I'm eager to see it --
    “Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery”…….oh behave!

The reviews are gonna be coming fat and furious...

Here is my 100-word review of King Richard, which will be an Oscar contender for Will Smith: https://flixchat.blogspot.com/2021/1...iews-king.html

There is something fun about knowing that unprecedented success awaits these characters if they can just get through the next few scenes.

Darnit... I forgot to post this one when I wrote it a couple days ago. The Power of the Dog is easily among the best pictures of the year. You won't see a more gorgeous film all year, I think.

Here is my 100-word review: https://flixchat.blogspot.com/2021/1...-power-of.html

The acting is brilliant and Campion fills the lens with lush imagery.