Page 24 of 164 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stray Gator View Post
    Delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit to Bruges and your stay at the lovely and ideally located Grand Hotel Casselbergh! And yes, like you and so many others -- including our great pal Budwom -- we're eager to get the jab so that we can resume our journeys, especially those priceless adventures exploring the Old World . . .

Several times I've asked for advice from the deeber for travel tips. I wish we had a glossary of cities that we could pin and refer to when in need. This is a well-traveled bunch of folks.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Zero Hour

This is a movie from the mid-1950's; I knew that Airplane! was a spoof of it, but didn't know how closely some of the material followed. It's a drama, and it probably isn't terrible as a drama, but of course if you enjoy Airplane! it's hysterical. The main character's name is Ted Stryker. There is a fair amount of dialog that goes straight in to Airplane! including "Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit smoking."

I’m glad this story is finally getting the serious treatment it deserves. This is long overdue in my opinion.

B7ACB4C9-FC38-419C-8690-A2CACC442C3A.jpg
    "Something in my vicinity is Carolina blue and this offends me." - HPR

Quote Originally Posted by HaveFunExpectToWin View Post
    I’m glad this story is finally getting the serious treatment it deserves. This is long overdue in my opinion.

Sweet! That might take the sting out of our game being postponed.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by HaveFunExpectToWin View Post

It may be too racy for Lifetime, but I'm looking forward to their sequel about this guy:

rickpitino.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    It may be too racy for Lifetime, but I'm looking forward to their sequel about this guy:

rickpitino.jpg
    I always questioned the choice of penny loafers with that ensemble.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    I always questioned the choice of penny loafers with that ensemble.
    Agreed! I DO own a white linen suit (really more cream color) and I always wear "white bucks" with the suit.

You sir, are a gentleman.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post

rickpitino.jpg
    I like your sequel idea. From reading the blurb about A Recipe for Seduction

There’s nothing sexier than a man with a secret recipe for fried chicken.

That’s the marketing bet KFC is making in a 15-minute “mini-movie” that’s airing on Lifetime this Sunday. In “A Recipe for Seduction,” Mario Lopez stars as Harland Sanders, a private chef working for a family whose adult daughter has ditched her fiance for Sanders and his plentiful, tender drumsticks.
    I think the sequel will be extremely profitable as they can cut the run time from 15 minutes to 15 seconds
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Several times I've asked for advice from the deeber for travel tips. I wish we had a glossary of cities that we could pin and refer to when in need. This is a well-traveled bunch of folks.
    This is a wonderful idea. I've got some ideas for a Google Map we could use. I think I'm gonna try to work something up this weekend.

I recommend this Netflix movie with Grant Hill as an executive producer about a rowing team in a very rough section of Chicago and the impact it made on the lives of the team members and their families.

https://www.amostbeautifulthing.com/

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Not at all... not really a sad movie. Spoiler alert: the dogs that don't make it to be guide dogs still end up in a good place anyway.

I don't know how young the kids you are talking about are, but I suspect that any kid over about 8 would really enjoy this flick cause... PUPPIES!!
    Thanks for the Rec! Whole family enjoyed this movie documentary last night. Exactly the kind of movie folks need right now. It sheds cool light on the process of guide dog raising, the dogs' personalities shine, and the side story of the human lives affected is heart warming.

Next I think I'll check out The Art of Racing in the Rain. It got less than half the critical acclaim of Pick of the Litter, but the audience liked it:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the...ng_in_the_rain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2h-Wgd5j2U

Any Steve Coogan fans out there? Even if not, you need to watch "Greed". Hilarious (and sad) commentary.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Thanks for the Rec! Whole family enjoyed this movie documentary last night. Exactly the kind of movie folks need right now. It sheds cool light on the process of guide dog raising, the dogs' personalities shine, and the side story of the human lives affected is heart warming.

Next I think I'll check out The Art of Racing in the Rain. It got less than half the critical acclaim of Pick of the Litter, but the audience liked it:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the...ng_in_the_rain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2h-Wgd5j2U
    My wife loved Racing in the Rain... me, not so much. But it is a decent distraction.

Glad you liked Pick... such a delightful film.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    My wife loved Racing in the Rain... me, not so much. But it is a decent distraction.

Glad you liked Pick... such a delightful film.
    Loved pick of the litter too. Thanks, would not have queued it up. Big Phil fan now

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Loved pick of the litter too. Thanks, would not have queued it up. Big Phil fan now
    We liked Patriot, and his patriot raiser of course!

I can see why critics loved the movie - it definitely touches the heart deeply many times. Well-made doggy documentary.

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Any Steve Coogan fans out there? Even if not, you need to watch "Greed". Hilarious (and sad) commentary.
    Check out Alan Partridge. Busted a gut laughing. We had to pause the movie we were laughing so hard.

It ain't great, but it ain't awful... and during these pandemic times where much of our high quality entertainment is bottled up waiting for theaters to reopen, you could do a lot worse than Paul Greengrass and Tom Hanks' latest, News of the World. Here is my 100 word review: https://flixchat.blogspot.com/2020/1...s-news-of.html

Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

I'm on a Christmas nostalgia path at the moment.

I have a soft spot for "It Happened on 5th Avenue." Pleasant holiday fare.

And one of my favorite lighthearted Christmas flicks, "We're No Angels." Humphrey Bogart, Aldo Ray and Peter Ustinov are criminally funny.

MrsPK and I devoured The Queen’s Gambit this weekend. Glad we watched it, really well-done I thought. And the fact that it is a single-season story was great.