Page 2 of 162 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little messed up maybe, but it’s funny how, I mean funny like it’s a clown, it amuses you? It makes you laugh, it’s here to {mumble} amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How is it funny?

I am sorry, I did not mean this to be a guessing game because I really am not allowed to talk about it. The program is a sitcom with multiple episodes and a ton of recognizable faces from sitcom history. And it is just funny with several moments in each of the first two episodes where my entire family (wife, son-20, and son-23) was laughing out loud so much that we had to pause and rewind because we had missed portions of the scenes due to our laughter. I need to watch a few more episodes to be sure but I think this is going to be extremely popular.

-Jason "I suspect that with a little research you will not have much trouble figuring out what show it is.. but I really should not say more until later this month" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Have they done anything to keep the copies from getting around?

Some sort of watermark throughout saying “We sent this copy to Jason Evans. If you have a copy and aren’t Jason Evans, please narc for a reward.”

-jk

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    The entire Star Gate TV series is on Amazon Prime. All 10 seasons of SG1, all five of SG: Atlantis and both of the seasons of Star Gate: Universe.

Good stuff!
    Love me some SG, but right now the best scifi series on Prime is The Expanse. Amazing casting, amazing acting, amazing effects. High quality all the way around. As with most streaming series (it started on tv but moved to Prime) each season is only around 10 episodes, so you'll be through the whole thing in a blink...and craving for season 6 to hurry up.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I am sorry, I did not mean this to be a guessing game because I really am not allowed to talk about it. The program is a sitcom with multiple episodes and a ton of recognizable faces from sitcom history. And it is just funny with several moments in each of the first two episodes where my entire family (wife, son-20, and son-23) was laughing out loud so much that we had to pause and rewind because we had missed portions of the scenes due to our laughter. I need to watch a few more episodes to be sure but I think this is going to be extremely popular.

-Jason "I suspect that with a little research you will not have much trouble figuring out what show it is.. but I really should not say more until later this month" Evans
    No pressure on you. But we don't have much else to discuss!

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

Well I got the trailer for "Space Force" on Netflix from IMDB today - could that be it? I was kind of disappointed by the trailer, but it definitely has some recognizable sitcom faces in it that I like.

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Have they done anything to keep the copies from getting around?

Some sort of watermark throughout saying “We sent this copy to Jason Evans. If you have a copy and aren’t Jason Evans, please narc for a reward.”
    Netflix just loads it onto your Netflix account, so rather than a DVD, I stream it like any other Netflix title. I have to type in a special code to get to it and while I am watching, the email address associated with my Netflix account is burned into the screen. So, if I were to try to record it and spread it around, Netflix would have no trouble telling who it came from.

When I streamed How To Make a Girl earlier this week, it also had my name displayed periodically on the screen to discourage illegal sharing. I's say at least 75% of studios do that kind of thing for anything that is streamed. But, the physical DVDs I get during the end of year awards season are not individually marked. I think it is just a lot harder to do that with a mass produced DVD versus a digital stream. It is my understanding that physical DVDs will soon be a thing of the past in the awards world. Everyone is going to streaming as it is more cost effective and easier to protect from piracy.

-Jason "by the way, I was granted admission to the Southeastern Film Critics Association (SEFCA) recently. It is the second film critic group to which I belong... kinda cool" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by Ggallagher View Post
    Well I got the trailer for "Space Force" on Netflix from IMDB today - could that be it? I was kind of disappointed by the trailer, but it definitely has some recognizable sitcom faces in it that I like.
    I really hope this is it because I loved the office and am a huge Steve Carrell fan. It has a good cast and production team and the subject matter could be hilarious. Fingers crossed🤞

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by DUKIECB View Post
    I really hope this is it because I loved the office and am a huge Steve Carrell fan. It has a good cast and production team and the subject matter could be hilarious. Fingers crossed��
    Knowing you are his biggest fan, Steve would like you to leave out one of those "r"s.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Knowing you are his biggest fan, Steve would like you to leave out one of those "r"s.
    You know when I typed that I thought to myself it only had one r but then I thought it didn't look right. Then I was too lazy to look it up. Thanks for the correction though😎

Quote Originally Posted by DUKIECB View Post
    You know when I typed that I thought to myself it only had one r but then I thought it didn't look right. Then I was too lazy to look it up. Thanks for the correction though😎
    It's not DBR if you don't get corrected for correct name spelling.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Hah, hah! So, if you have spent ANY time on either Carolina coast, this show pisses you off. It is definitely not the Outer Banks, it's South Carolina. We have family a bit north of Charleston and it just annoys the crap out of us that it's called OBX but nowhere close to Duck or Wilmington or wherever it's based on.

Also, the dudes in the show are NOT southern coastal boys. Not even close. They should be in San Diego.

Other than that, the show also sucks.
    I mean, it’s a teen drama that’s not meant for adults to love. That’s like saying you dislike paw patrol.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Love me some SG, but right now the best scifi series on Prime is The Expanse. Amazing casting, amazing acting, amazing effects. High quality all the way around. As with most streaming series (it started on tv but moved to Prime) each season is only around 10 episodes, so you'll be through the whole thing in a blink...and craving for season 6 to hurry up.
    Heck, I'm restless for Season Five.

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    I mean, it’s a teen drama that’s not meant for adults to love. That’s like saying you dislike paw patrol.
    Whoa, shots fired! How dare you imply I dislike Paw Patrol!

Eh, most of my Outerbanks complaints are related to it completely whiffing on capturing the people and places of its namesake. It would be like if Paw Patrol were about a band of police parrots.

It would be like if Paw Patrol were about a band of police parrots.
    Wouldn't that be Caw Patrol?

Whoa, shots fired! How dare you imply I dislike Paw Patrol!

Eh, most of my Outerbanks complaints are related to it completely whiffing on capturing the people and places of its namesake. It would be like if Paw Patrol were about a band of police parrots.
    If you like Paw Patrol, you will need to get your brain examined because that show is about as bad as it gets. My kids love it and I just can’t wait till they are too old to want to watch it!

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    If you like Paw Patrol, you will need to get your brain examined because that show is about as bad as it gets. My kids love it and I just can’t wait till they are too old to want to watch it!
    My son is 4 months old so I'm mentally psyching myself up to go all in on Paw Patrol in a few years. Figured best to start now. Maybe you're doing the same thing with Outerbanks for when your children hit their teenage years? There is some appealing teenage eye candy and the lead always wears a scarf around his neck, which is cool, and really sets him apart as a rebel.

My son is 4 months old so I'm mentally psyching myself up to go all in on Paw Patrol in a few years. Figured best to start now. Maybe you're doing the same thing with Outerbanks for when your children hit their teenage years? There is some appealing teenage eye candy and the lead always wears a scarf around his neck, which is cool, and really sets him apart as a rebel.
    You're going to get yourself all prepared for Paw Patrol, and then the hot show for kids in a few years will be something totally different and all that preparation will be for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    Wouldn't that be Caw Patrol?
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    You're going to get yourself all prepared for Paw Patrol, and then the hot show for kids in a few years will be something totally different and all that preparation will be for nothing.
    Hopefully it's Brevity's new show. I'm intrigued by this crime-fighting band of parrots.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Exactly. My kids are finally leaving this stage. Paw Patrol was fairly tolerable. Daniel Tiger (a Mr. Rogers spin-off) was my favorite as they were teaching something (though the fact that Daniel wears pants to sleep but not the rest of the time always got me!). We went through some long Thomas phases which were challenging. Most shows on regular TV try to have at least some redeeming educational value, though on some shows it is easier to find than on others.

Some of the new Youtube crap is what really gets me. This kid Ryan and his insufferable parents make tens of millions of dollars and are totally moronic.