Page 1 of 162 1231151101 ... LastLast

Movies/TV worth watching (or at least discussing)

So, I thought we could have a place where we can let each other know if we saw something really good (or really bad) on VOD or streaming or whatever.

I'll start with my review of a film that is hitting VOD this weekend, How to Build a Girl. It stars Beanie Feldstein, Jonah Hill's sister and the star of Booksmart.
    https://flixchat.blogspot.com/2020/0...ws-how-to.html

Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Outer Banks on Netflix.

No.

Just so much No.

Quote Originally Posted by PSurprise View Post
    Outer Banks on Netflix.

No.

Just so much No.
    Agreed. I was interested, just because. It's bad.

Josh and I did a podcast about How To Build a Girl too...

https://soundcloud.com/jason-evans-1...o-build-a-girl
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    So, I thought we could have a place where we can let each other know if we saw something really good (or really bad) on VOD or streaming or whatever.

I'll start with my review of a film that is hitting VOD this weekend, How to Build a Girl. It stars Beanie Feldstein, Jonah Hill's sister and the star of Booksmart.

"Film critic Jason Evans does not want to waste your time with long-winded film reviews, so he is committed to tell you all you need to know about movies in exactly 100 words (not 99, not 101). So, here is his 100 word review of How Toe Build a Girl."

really?

-jk

The entire Star Gate TV series is on Amazon Prime. All 10 seasons of SG1, all five of SG: Atlantis and both of the seasons of Star Gate: Universe.

Good stuff!

Theon... Is a good man.

Jojo Rabbit is on Amazon Video now. It only had a limited release in the theaters, but it is a truly wonderful film and great family entertainment.

https://www.amazon.com/Jojo-Rabbit-R.../dp/B0813KM1F9
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

This isn't remotely new, but if you have Hulu and haven't watched The Wrong Mans I highly recommend it. Co-stars James Corben. Has a bit of a Hot Fuzz​ vibe to it, but not quite as surreal.

If we expand this thread to diversions, I'm considering starting "The Longest Thread Ever", something I've always avoided for no particular reason other than the enormity of it all.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    If we expand this thread to diversions, I'm considering starting "The Longest Thread Ever", something I've always avoided for no particular reason other than the enormity of it all.
    Just jump in, you won't miss the prior plot points.

On Amazon Line of Duty seasons 1-4. Very popular British detective show probing internal corruption of the police forces.
    Really good. Season 5 is on Acorn.
    Hollywood on Netflix. Binged it in 2 nights.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Just jump in, you won't miss the prior plot points.
    Also the way the Beer thread is going the so-called "Longest Thread" may not be Longest much longer. Sad.

On the topic of this thread, A Secret Love on Netflix will rip your heart out but in a good way.

Green Family watched all three seasons of Stranger Things plus the Season 4 mini-trailer. Enjoyable. I’m not a Sci-fi guy but love a good mystery. There was a big enough mystery element to hook me.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by PSurprise View Post
    Outer Banks on Netflix.

No.

Just so much No.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Agreed. I was interested, just because. It's bad.

Hah, hah! So, if you have spent ANY time on either Carolina coast, this show pisses you off. It is definitely not the Outer Banks, it's South Carolina. We have family a bit north of Charleston and it just annoys the crap out of us that it's called OBX but nowhere close to Duck or Wilmington or wherever it's based on.

Also, the dudes in the show are NOT southern coastal boys. Not even close. They should be in San Diego.

Other than that, the show also sucks.

Just finished Waco on Netflix. I had kind of forgot just how crazy that whole situation was. I was 14 at the time so even though I remember it I wasn't really paying attention. After doing some reading about it I think the series was too kind to Koresh but overall we found the show well done and entertaining.

Both seasons of Jack Ryan on prime.

So, it does not come out for a few weeks but I got to see an advance screener tonight of a new comedy coming soon to Netflix. Please don't ask me what it was because I am not allowed to say until the embargo lifts... but it was hysterical. I was howling with laughter and had tears running down my cheeks. I'll be reviewing it as we get closer to launch but I predict a lot of you will really love it.

So, it does not come out for a few weeks but I got to see an advance screener tonight of a new comedy coming soon to Netflix. Please don't ask me what it was because I am not allowed to say until the embargo lifts... but it was hysterical. I was howling with laughter and had tears running down my cheeks. I'll be reviewing it as we get closer to launch but I predict a lot of you will really love it.
    Don’t tell me they’re replaying Ol’ Roy’s post game press conferences from this past year.

Can you offer some hints? It is more funny like... Judd Apatow "Freaks and Geeks," Seinfeld stand up, Chappelle sketch comedy?