Page 101 of 166 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 3301
    Quote Originally Posted by acdevil View Post
    I’m waiting until the whole season is available for Westworld.

Anyone watch the new season of Umbrella Academy yet?
    Yeah, I'm waiting on Westworld too. Gonna be tough to watch because my wife gave up on it mid-way through season 3 so I have to carve out alone time to watch it.

As for Umbrella, I've watched 4 episodes of season 3 so far. Ehhhh... it is going ok but isn't as interesting as the first two. The characters have become really frustrating for not listening to each other or asking basic questions leading to unnecessary misunderstandings and problems. I'm also getting a little bit tired of "we have to stop the apocalypse" all the time. Sorta getting old.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by acdevil View Post
    I’m waiting until the whole season is available for Westworld.

Anyone watch the new season of Umbrella Academy yet?
    I watched it. We get to meet a rival academy (not a spoiler, first ep) and the time twisting hijinks begin. The season is great, even with less monkey.

(Coincidentally the Umbrella Academy sound editor is the moderator of a soccer board I frequent.)

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Yeah, I'm waiting on Westworld too. Gonna be tough to watch because my wife gave up on it mid-way through season 3 so I have to carve out alone time to watch it.

As for Umbrella, I've watched 4 episodes of season 3 so far. Ehhhh... it is going ok but isn't as interesting as the first two. The characters have become really frustrating for not listening to each other or asking basic questions leading to unnecessary misunderstandings and problems. I'm also getting a little bit tired of "we have to stop the apocalypse" all the time. Sorta getting old.
    I get your critiques and agree, especially with the “yet another apocalypse?” loops. But I enjoyed it because my expectations of UA are modest at this point - a fun mindless fantastical romp with some nice visual effects.

Another explanation for my possibly generous UA Season 3 review: I’m so used to tv shows declining over time that I unconsciously give some credit to those who do so only modestly — I’m grading on a curve!

Wellington Paranormal

I think it's time to confess to a guilty pleasure - which really cracks me up at times.

I've been watching "Wellington Paranormal" on the CW for a while. It's two police officers in Wellington, NZ who have to track down bizarre paranormal events in the city. If you think "Reno 911" with ghosts, zombies, shape-shifters and other weird creatures - with a New Zealand accent you'll have a good approximation of the show.

Also, if you have Closed Captioning available, I recommend it unless you speak New Zealand.

We just finished Reservation Dogs on Hulu. Absolutely loved it. If you haven’t seen it, you’re missing out. Great writing, acting and emotionally powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Udaman View Post
    We just finished Reservation Dogs on Hulu. Absolutely loved it. If you haven’t seen it, you’re missing out. Great writing, acting and emotionally powerful.
    I want to watch it, but alas, I do not have Hulu. I did watch Dark Winds on AMC. Has several of the same actors. Very good.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Ggallagher View Post
    I think it's time to confess to a guilty pleasure - which really cracks me up at times.

I've been watching "Wellington Paranormal" on the CW for a while. It's two police officers in Wellington, NZ who have to track down bizarre paranormal events in the city. If you think "Reno 911" with ghosts, zombies, shape-shifters and other weird creatures - with a New Zealand accent you'll have a good approximation of the show.

Also, if you have Closed Captioning available, I recommend it unless you speak New Zealand.
    It's hard not to enjoy something that Taika Waititi has his hands in.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    To quote OPK quoting Archer: “Phrasing!”

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    True, I didn't notice that until I'd watched five or six episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    To quote OPK quoting Archer: “Phrasing!”
    “This is why we can’t have nice things, Barry.”

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Ggallagher View Post
    True, I didn't notice that until I'd watched five or six episodes.
    It's actually a "What We Do In The Shadows" spin-off. We watched a few of the first season; I can't remember why we stopped but it wasn't because it wasn't good.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Just watched an enjoyable little movie, "The Duke". Jim Broadbent and Helen Mirren are outstanding, as expected. Based on the true story of the only theft ever from London's National Gallery. Great dialogue, especially if you love English sayings ("You'd lose your balls if they weren't in a sack"), and I think it will brighten up 90 minutes of your day.
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

Anyone else have a guilt pleasure with Paper Girls? I wouldn't recommend it to folks, but I enjoyed the unabashed outlandishness.

Season 2 of Industry started yesterday. I enjoyed season 1. Reasonably good depiction of the life of newbie banker.

I'm totally looking forward to watching Prey this weekend on Hulu, and even more so now that reviews are coming in.
    With almost 90 critics chiming in, the tomato rating is at 94%, so it's safe to say that it won't suck.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/prey_2022

Watched Prey tonight. Fun stuff! The best of the Predator universe movies since the original, IMO.

A bit of commentary below. Nothing you wouldn't be able to gather from the previews but if you don't know anything yet and want to keep it that way, stop here.

It's hard to compete with the 80s machismo and charisma of the original cast but the lead girl was engaging. There really wasn't too much character building beyond her though so the other Comanche were more or less anonymous (her brother excepted). A few of the French guys had some personality, I suppose...

Several of the fight sequences between people and Predator were really a delight to watch but the CGI treatment of the animals was pretty poor. So, those fight scenes didn't do as much for me.

The Predator itself did cool Predator things and looked pretty cool doing them. I would have liked to see more continuity in the Predator's hunt but at the end of the day I had fun and that's what I want from a Predator movie.

I was really confused there for a minute. Was mixing up Prey vs Beast.

I guess this is the right spot. I loved Event Horizon when I first saw it in HS. Blew my mind. This cracks me up.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...180201579.html

Quote Originally Posted by WillJ View Post
    I've become a big fan of Midnight Diner on Netflix. A good show for the times, IMO.
    As usual, I'm late to the party. Just started this. Recommended by a friend last week. I really like it - it's different and refreshing. Here's a good overview of what it is, and isn't - for those interested. (Currently, 3 seasons on Netflix. Caution, Netflix sometimes re-defines seasons relative to the original airing).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE6NwG7kuNQ

It may be too early to judge after just 4 episodes, but I suspect if you liked the tone of Lost in Translation, you might like this too.
    The cinematography is outstanding IMO.

Note, there are different versions of this floating around, including a Korean and Chinese version. I am recommending the Japanese one.

I also intend to learn the fingerstyle guitar piece that opens each episode. Lovely stuff.

Has anyone checked out She Hulk yet? The reviews I've seen are all over the board, but for the most part they seem positive. I couldn't help but think that she was Princess Fiona's twin sister in the final trailers. I'm sure I'll check out sooner than later.

On a different subject, we've only got the final two episodes of the Orville left to watch. Talk about a show that totally grew up. From being greatly panned in season one (by critics, although I loved it), to now having a 100% Tomatometer rating in season three. The last episode we watched (with a Dolly Parton cameo) yanked at our heart strings so much that we had tears on our cheeks. (It still had some truly funny moments too.)

Moving to Hulu helped out tons. No longer encumbered by commercials, or time limits, each episode is given plenty of space to develop a story. Some episodes are just over an hour, while the one we just watched was an hour and a half.

Crossing every finger that McFarland is given a fourth season; it seems likely with the response that this one has gotten.