Page 71 of 165 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 3288
    I think in threads dedicated to a specific show or movie, you have to assume there are spoilers there and those posting on them should be free to discuss anything that has happened (grayer area for rumors to come).

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    There isn't a dedicated thread but we have discussed it a fair amount here. There are a few of us here who are huge fans. I would be fully supportive of and would actively participate in a dedicated thread if someone chose to create one. We would just need to be careful about spoilers.
    Not worried about spoilers at this stage (post season two by a few weeks). Caveat emptor.

Besides, at this point what *wouldn’t* be a spoiler issue until next season? 😉

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    Not worried about spoilers at this stage (post season two by a few weeks). Caveat emptor.

Besides, at this point what *wouldn’t* be a spoiler issue until next season? 😉
    I only mentioned spoilers because Mtn Devil raised the question and then said he has only finished season 1. Agreed that at this point, it is read at your own risk.

I stayed up to watch some of Sudeikis on SNL last night then watched the rest on Youtube today. Like all SNL these days, he had some very funny moments and some meh moments. Other than briefly in the monologue there were no Ted Lasso references.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    How’d it go?
    I enjoyed it!

Spoiler!

I only mentioned spoilers because Mtn Devil raised the question and then said he has only finished season 1. Agreed that at this point, it is read at your own risk.

I stayed up to watch some of Sudeikis on SNL last night then watched the rest on Youtube today. Like all SNL these days, he had some very funny moments and some meh moments. Other than briefly in the monologue there were no Ted Lasso references.
    Maybe we should start a season three spoilers thread? It would seem that you would not click unless you’ve seen the first two.

I think Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15.22 is almost through season 1. I would love to discuss, but would hate to inadvertently give a spoiler because I forget the exact sequence of the story. Other than to say that the show has great acting, great writing, great timing, and great themes. Strong as green onions.

(And I don’t mean the green onions featured prominently in Season 2, Episode 5 obviously).

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    I’d ask that this thread remain spoiler-free. If you want to do a deeper dive and discuss more details, a separate thread, which should be assumed to contain spoilers, could be created.

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    I’d ask that this thread remain spoiler-free. If you want to do a deeper dive and discuss more details, a separate thread, which should be assumed to contain spoilers, could be created.
    Agreed.

(And sorry for the green onion comment.). ;-)

I watched Dune this weekend and loved it.

I thought it was as faithful to the book as it was reasonable to be. The book spends a lot of time in characters' heads, which obviously is much harder to depict on film, so some adjustments were necessary. I thought overall the adaptation captured the flavor of the novel about as well as it could be captured. Visually, the movie is stunning. The desert-scapes, the ship designs, the sets, the color schemes - everything was really engaging. I enjoyed the very unusual Zimmer score, too, in most places, although I thought it was overly intrusive at times. It is effectively a character in the movie, though, so the fact that it overwhelmed at times didn't bother me too much. There is action in it, but it is not an action film, by any stretch, and like the book, it moves rather slowly. There are a number of montages or scene changes in slow motion without dialogue that some may find tedious, but I generally enjoyed them. I thought my enjoyment overall was based primarily on the fact that I like the book, but my daughter has never read the book, and she loved the film, as well. She actually watched with me in the theater after having seen it on a big screen TV in her dorm room two nights before. She agreed with me that this is a theater movie, if you can tolerate it for COVID reasons.

If my wife decides to see it in a theater, I've already told her that I want to go with her. If she prefer to watch it on our TV, I'll do that with her, instead.

Just watched Dune myself. I haven’t read the book or seen the original movie, and I thought it was really good. A little hard to follow at the beginning, but it cleared up a bit of the way through.

Regarding the Dune series as a whole, I’ve never read the books but wanted to get a general idea of where the series is headed so I checked Wikipedia and oh boy…….. It gets really stupid eventually, IMO. I really hope they loosely follow the books eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    Regarding the Dune series as a whole, I’ve never read the books but wanted to get a general idea of where the series is headed so I checked Wikipedia and oh boy…….. It gets really stupid eventually, IMO. I really hope they loosely follow the books eventually.
    The first book does not get "stupid" and works fine as a standalone, if you want to try just one.

So, regarding Dune, do we think Duncan Idaho is related to Hannah Montana or what?

So, regarding Dune, do we think Duncan Idaho is related to Hannah Montana or what?
    Maybe Nathan Arizona?

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Maybe Nathan Arizona?
    Hmmm or Robert California.

Or, as I like to call him, Bobby West Coast.

What about Johnny Utah?

Certainly not George Washington.

What about Johnny Utah?
    Ooooh, I’ll have to give him a listen next time I’m having some Baked Alaska.

Ooooh, I’ll have to give him a listen next time I’m having some Baked Alaska.
    Somewhere, Dakota Fanning is home weeping because there is no state named “Fanning.”

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Somewhere, Dakota Fanning is home weeping because there is no state named “Fanning.”
    Yeah, her and Dakota Johnson can share a tissue ripped from the pages of a Tennessee Williams play.

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    The first three books are generally excellent, after that things do get a bit "odd" even though I've read them all.