Page 28 of 164 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    It’s currently on sale (digital) for $30.00 on iTunes and Vudu. So is Parks and Recs.
    Thanks for this. I might have to just pick it up then. It’s something my wife and I watch every month. A few episodes here and there. It’s great. I bet I’ve watched almost every episode a handful of times.

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    Thanks for this. I might have to just pick it up then. It’s something my wife and I watch every month. A few episodes here and there. It’s great. I bet I’ve watched almost every episode a handful of times.
    Heck, you can get the DVDs (remember those?) at public libraries. Ours do online checkouts with curbside pickup - and no late fees!

-jk

Anyone have any hidden Netflix or HBO Max gems? Feel like I'm scrolling on this rainy day with no inspiration in sight.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Anyone have any hidden Netflix or HBO Max gems? Feel like I'm scrolling on this rainy day with no inspiration in sight.
    Seen Queen’s Gambit?

HBO Warrior Netflix The Trial of the Chicago 7 Cobra Kai

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Seen Queen’s Gambit?
    We're watching The Queen's Gambit - last 2 episodes tonight. It's pretty outstanding, and so even though we're not done with the series, I can already recommend for anyone who hasn't seen it. 7 Total episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Heck, you can get the DVDs (remember those?) at public libraries. Ours do online checkouts with curbside pickup - and no late fees!

-jk
    Ehh, I’m not that desperate! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    Ehh, I’m not that desperate! Lol
    I guess I won’t mention these things we had back in the day called “books.”

;-)

It's an oldie, but Haven is a five-season show based on Stephen King's The Colorado Kid. The series gets around to just about every supernatural "trouble" you've ever heard of, and quite a few way-out ones. Even Shatner shows up. The New England town of Haven is one weird place.

Unlike some multiple-year series, this one has a more or less natural ending.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Seen Queen’s Gambit?
    We're about done; it's great!

Quote Originally Posted by WV_Iron_Duke View Post
    HBO Warrior Netflix The Trial of the Chicago 7 Cobra Kai
    Loved The Trial of the Chicago 7. Been side-eying Cobra Kai for a bit. It's really good, huh? Will have to check out Warrior, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post
    It's an oldie, but Haven is a five-season show based on Stephen King's The Colorado Kid. The series gets around to just about every supernatural "trouble" you've ever heard of, and quite a few way-out ones. Even Shatner shows up. The New England town of Haven is one weird place.

Unlike some multiple-year series, this one has a more or less natural ending.
    Ohhh, see, Netflix is all fancy with it's categories and scrolls that I might never even have found this in the catalogue. Thanks!

Been side-eying Cobra Kai for a bit. It's really good, huh?
    Well... there is some great nostalgia in watching the show and it really is fun to see characters we know as shades of grey, rather than black and white. The first couple seasons are a treat and an easy watch, but we are about halfway through the brand new season three and the low-quality acting combined with the ludicrous plots are starting to really get to us. It is like every adult in the Valley is an idiot who is incapable of seeing kids doing stupid and dangerous stuff and it is really annoying.

It is quite interesting that when this was a cheap, YouTube series it was good but when Netflix acquired it and put some money into season 3, it went downhill.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Well... there is some great nostalgia in watching the show and it really is fun to see characters we know as shades of grey, rather than black and white. The first couple seasons are a treat and an easy watch, but we are about halfway through the brand new season three and the low-quality acting combined with the ludicrous plots are starting to really get to us. It is like every adult in the Valley is an idiot who is incapable of seeing kids doing stupid and dangerous stuff and it is really annoying.

It is quite interesting that when this was a cheap, YouTube series it was good but when Netflix acquired it and put some money into season 3, it went downhill.

I certainly can't argue with anything in the first paragraph. How do none of the secondary character's parents not object to anything that is happening?

I recall hearing in an interview that season 3 was pretty much ready to air when Netflix picked up the rights in June of 2020. Below is a Deadline article confirming. Season 4 will be the first true indicator of how things go under Netflix, though it looks to still be made by Sony TV.

https://deadline.com/2020/06/cobra-k...-3-1202965551/

Watched Russell Crowe's " Unhinged" last night. Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by Devilwin View Post
    Watched Russell Crowe's " Unhinged" last night. Wow!
    Where did you watch?
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

On Demand, Direct TV.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    For a film that was about the importance of human emotion, I didn't really feel much of anything with Soul. I thought Inside Out and Coco covered this ground better. The music -- by Trent Reznor, Atticus Ross, and Jon Batiste -- was exceptional in places but didn't amount to a full score.
    I liked it a bit more than you did, but it didn't hold a candle to Inside Out (which admittedly is one of my Pixar favorites). I will disagree on the score, though. I thought it was forward and exceptional when it needed to be, and understated when it needed to get out of the way. It was not suitable for standalone soundtrack listening, but most newer animated movies (and most of the CGI's, too, which are effectively animated movies) aren't. Nevertheless, I think that proper 5.1 setup is necessary for that film. The sound design was exceptional.

Give Lupin on Netflix a chance, if you aren't allergic to subtitles.

Shows I've watched over the last few months:

Schitt's Creek - Meh. It was okay, but I don't understand everyone gushing over it.
    Ted Lasso - What an absolute delight. Did not expect that at all.
    Upload - It's fun, but I'm not sure it's a great show. Some continuity issues that are easy to gloss over and just enjoy the humor.

About 3/4 of the way through the first season of Succession. It's good for a laugh or two, but I'm finding it hard to get invested in the characters.

Ahhh, almost forgot to mention Soul. I found it to be a better version of Inside Out. Not in the top 10 Pixar movies for me, but still quality.

Anybody watch the first two episodes of Wandavision on Disney+? I absolutely loved it. The concept is so crazy but so fun. I would call myself a moderate Marvel fan, so I can’t imagine all the Easter eggs and inside symbols that super fans would be able to find. If the whole season were available I would have watched it tonight.