Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
I'm enjoying Ghosts, Thursdays at 9 on CBS.
Ghosts and B Positive make a (DVR delayed) hate-watch pair for me. I'm fine with the premise of Ghosts, but its execution defies the TV rules of common sense. There are too many ghosts stuck in one house, which means too many characters who have nowhere else to be. Literature tells us that ghosts linger after death because they have unfinished business, and so it looked like the show could progress as Sam helped the ghosts move on. But then they blew it when Sam provided closure for the Viking, and then he stuck around. (Except in the last 2 episodes, where he and the colonial woman were curiously nowhere to be found.) Because Sam can see ghosts everywhere, but the ghosts never leave, the bloated cast can only get bigger. Where is this show going?

I hope someone eventually writes a book or a longform article about the giant mess that is B Positive, the only laughtrack comedy I watch, and only because I'm morbidly fascinated by the constant backstage tinkering of the show. Something changes every damn week. Cast members added, cast members disappear, the premise is revamped, the showrunner leaves, the opening credits go from animated singing kidneys to a Broadway number, etc. And they still refuse to get rid of the sad-sack, uncharismatic, real-life-problematic leading man. Maybe. It's terrible and I can't look away.