Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    Including a GOAT.
    Ha, if we are thinking of the same dark haired gentleman, I recall one incident during perhaps an exhibition hoop game in which this fellow, displeased by the defense of his lads, thwacked his leather soled shoe on the court (bearing his name) and it sounded like a gunshot, accompanied by a most robust four letter word (ending in ck) which absolutely reverberated throughout the otherwise silent venue. It was impressive. (No one told him to tone it down, IIRC).

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    9f...gthc!!!!
    You missed the first half of the title, "everyone loves it". No one, outside a gaggle of deluded idiots, loves unc.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I know what you mean about Dylan. For me, I don't really enjoy listening to him perform most of his songs. BUT. He was an incredible songwriter. Really excellent lyrics. Any time an artist I even moderately like does a Bob Dylan cover it is usually phenomenal. To me, Dylan's greatness has almost nothing to do with his musical performances and everything to do with his songwriting.
    How many other songwriters won the Nobel Prize for Literature?
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Strongly agree. IMO, like the Beatles, Dylan is the best in his game.

When it was time to name a kid, our boy name was Dylan and girl name was Lennon.

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    You missed the first half of the title, "everyone loves it". No one, outside a gaggle of deluded idiots, loves unc.

-jk
    Yup, totally missed the first part of loving it. I certainly don't love or even like the cheats. GoDuke!

OH, I love music by the Platters. No one did love songs the way they did. As for the Beatles and Stones, I liked them both.
    Last edited by jv001; 05-07-2020 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Criticism of The Beatles.
    Ha I knew I'd ruffle some feathers. It's not that I can't stand them because I do like some of their music. I guess I just like my music a little more on the rock side of things. I definitely do not hate them, it's just that I don't see what all the fuss is about is a better way of putting it.
    "The future ain't what it used to be."

caviar...I really don't know why (some) people love caviar. Fish eggs...YUCK!

My wife and in-laws all love caviar. My MIL used to buy (when Iranian caviar was available and you didn't have to take out a second mortgage to buy it) a tin of caviar to be served on Thanksgiving day, before the big meal. They ALL went crazy for the caviar and I would eat a very small portion just to be sociable (like a very small spoonful on a small piece of toast with some smoked salmon and lemon). But, IMHO, it has no discernible taste (I'd rather eat Cheetos!) and the thought of eating fish eggs makes me a little nauseous.

Ok, where to start. Unlike the other bands mentioned, the Beatles were innovators, and extremely talented. But to each his own. We cannot all like the same thing. Heck, John and Paul wrote one of the Stones' early hits.

Jewelry and My Pillow ads.

Bruce Springstein.

And, I like most of Pet Sounds. Three hits on that album...

Quote Originally Posted by Devilwin View Post
    Ok, where to start. Unlike the other bands mentioned, the Beatles were innovators, and extremely talented. But to each his own. We cannot all like the same thing. Heck, John and Paul wrote one of the Stones' early hits.

Jewelry and My Pillow ads.

Bruce Springstein.

And, I like most of Pet Sounds. Three hits on that album...
    I can see how someone, lots of someones, could "like" the album but the "#2 greatest rock album of all time" according to RollingStone? I guess I've generally leaned toward the harder/more aggressive stuff. It took me until later in life to really appreciate the Beatles.
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Reality TV in pretty much all forms (going back to MTV's the Real World)

Special place in hell for any Real Housewives of....

Eggs. Most everybody on the planet adores them. But not I. Not in any form. Shudder.

I'm prepared to read someone wax poetic about a fluffy omelet or easy over on toast. Years of practice.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Eggs. Most everybody on the planet adores them. But not I. Not in any form. Shudder.

I'm prepared to read someone wax poetic about a fluffy omelet or easy over on toast. Years of practice.
    Granted. Nothing better than a fluffy, pillowy omelet.

There is a little dive in Norfolk, virginia called Charlie's that has the best omelets in the world. They frappe the eggs in a milkshake machine and finish them in the oven. Completely heavenly.

Bob Green, if you are reading this, and you haven't tried the omelets at Charlie's, put it on your list.

Practice be damned. Is this when weezie points out an alternative use for your omelets?

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Bob Green, if you are reading this, and you haven't tried the omelets at Charlie's, put it on your list.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Bob Green

I've got another one... Jerry Seinfeld. The man is marginally funny at best. The show was good but Jerry himself as a comedian, eh.

All this thread is missing is the change my mind meme generator, so here you go:

https://imgflip.com/memegenerator/Change-My-Mind

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    Actually I think that might NOT fit this thread, unless we disregard the first half of the criteria...
    I agree with the part about the crap out today. But as far as nobody liking it, that's not true.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cbs-new...e-music-genre/

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post

I'm super weird on this one. I love eggs. Scrambled, sunny side up, over easy, you name it. And eggs over medium mixed in my grandma's homemade grits is probably my favorite meal of all time.

But I absolutely hate omelets and I cant understand why. I want to love them. I've tried them every way known to man, and I just don't like them. And more often than not, they give me a stomach ache. Maybe its mental

Partly Orlando, FL partly heard Sandpoint, ID
    I’ll one up everyone here, just music in general. The first piece of music I’ve bought for myself... hasn’t happened yet and I’m nearly 50. I’ll listen politely, but the thought of even spending $10 to go to a concert makes me gag, let alone whatever it costs these days(the last non school concert I went to was an orchestra playing the music to various Looney Tunes cartoons with the music taken out of them in the 1990s)

I’ll leave my radio on AM and be happy to yell at you kids to get off my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    IDK, maybe zero. So one songwriter, one mathematician (can you guess without looking?)