Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    How many Plumleees are left?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    How many Plumleees are left?
    Dunno, but I think Matt Christensen has another year of eligibility left.

It looks like Zion has a little brother, maybe about ten years old. It's probably another year or two before he is ready to come in and dominate.

Nick Horvath hasn't missed a jumper all summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    Come on, guys. Somebody pick Mark Williams and Jordan Goldwire so we can cover the whole roster.
    Dude. What’s your problem? If you don’t like this thread, don’t post here.

I understand quarantine is getting to everyone, but still...
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Does Kuminga count?

Does it have to be a player? Mike Eades has departed to the SEC.

Jeff Goodman @GoodmanHoops

SEC has tabbed Mike Eades coordinator of officials, replacing Mark Whitehead.

1:03 PM · May 5, 2020

The first reply says it all: "Is it possible to give the SEC TV Teddy also as a package deal? Asking for a friend."

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    Does it have to be a player? Mike Eades has departed to the SEC.

Jeff Goodman @GoodmanHoops

SEC has tabbed Mike Eades coordinator of officials, replacing Mark Whitehead.

1:03 PM · May 5, 2020

The first reply says it all: "Is it possible to give the SEC TV Teddy also as a package deal? Asking for a friend."

I must have fainted and hit my head. Came too thinking I'd heard that Eades has sailed into the SEC sunset.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh SEEE YAAAA!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Wasn’t Joey ranked similar to Moore when they were in the same class? Think he could be an instant offense guy off the bench and with a little improvement in defense should see the floor more often.

I would say Goldwire. He has surprised me his last two years there,no reason he should stop now.

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    I'm going with Matthew Hurt. ACC First team, 2nd team AA and ACCT MVP. Freshman POY will be Mr. Steward.

GoDuke!
    I'm trying to figure out how both of these things could happen. Hurt would need a lot of PT and a lot of touches to be 2nd-team All-America. Steward would need lots of PT and lots of touches to be FOY (I'm assuming you mean ACC Freshman of the Year, not national Freshman of the Year)

Does Hurt play the 5? Does Steward play point? Can either Hurt or Steward reach those levels coming off the bench? Assuming the answer to those questions is no, then at least one of Wendell Moore and Jalen Johnson has to be behind Hurt and Steward in the rotation.

Or am I missing something?

Which of these scenarios do you find most likely?

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    I'm trying to figure out how both of these things could happen. Hurt would need a lot of PT and a lot of touches to be 2nd-team All-America. Steward would need lots of PT and lots of touches to be FOY (I'm assuming you mean ACC Freshman of the Year, not national Freshman of the Year)

Does Hurt play the 5? Does Steward play point? Can either Hurt or Steward reach those levels coming off the bench? Assuming the answer to those questions is no, then at least one of Wendell Moore and Jalen Johnson has to be behind Hurt and Steward in the rotation.

Or am I missing something?

Which of these scenarios do you find most likely?
    Well Mr. Sumner since you asked, I do think Hurt will get plenty of PT because I think he'll play the 4 and 5 during the season. I think this team needs perimeter shooting and for that reason, I believe Hurt and Steward will get plenty of playing time. I'm not sold on Wendell's scoring and decision making as some fans are. I know he plays good defense and that will get him minutes but he's going to have to improve his shooting and reduce those head scratching turnovers. Wendell has the talent to become one of the ACC's best player but I'm not sure it will happen this Covid-19 season. As for Steward, I've never seen him play so my prediction on him is just a wag one.

GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Well Mr. Sumner since you asked, I do think Hurt will get plenty of PT because I think he'll play the 4 and 5 during the season. I think this team needs perimeter shooting and for that reason, I believe Hurt and Steward will get plenty of playing time. I'm not sold on Wendell's scoring and decision making as some fans are. I know he plays good defense and that will get him minutes but he's going to have to improve his shooting and reduce those head scratching turnovers. Wendell has the talent to become one of the ACC's best player but I'm not sure it will happen this Covid-19 season. As for Steward, I've never seen him play so my prediction on him is just a wag one.

GoDuke!
    So you see Steward playing ahead of Moore. Not a scenario that I find likely. But not impossible. However, in order for Steward to be the ACC's top newcomer, he would have to have a better freshman season than Johnson. In that case, either Johnson underperforms expectations or Steward has a really, really good freshman season.

Of course, I guess that's implied in "surprise."
    Last edited by jimsumner; 05-09-2020 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    So you see Steward playing ahead of Moore. Not a scenario that I find likely. But not impossible. However, in order for Steward to be the ACC's top newcomer, he would have to have a better freshman season than Johnson. In that case, either Johnson underperforms expectations or Steward has a really, really good freshman season.
    Most of the Duke fans I know think Johnson will be Duke's best freshmen and he probably will but the title of the thread was "Who's your surprise player for the 2020-2021 season"? So that's why I picked Steward. If Johnson wins, it will not be a surprise for me. He's the highest rated freshmen and from all scouting reports he may be Duke's best player this season. Maybe I read the title of the thread wrong. I've surely been wrong plenty of times before. Just ask my wife.
    GoDuke!

He might not be the best player, but I'm interested to see Henry Coleman. Could he be the biggest surprise?

I don't necessarily think this will be a particular surprise to anyone, but I think Moore is going to be really good.

Where are the stats?

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    Justin Robinson. Hey, it's just as likely as it was at the beginning of last season.
    Kedsy,

Intriguing proposition. Would you please provide the stats to support?

Full disclosure: I like your non-stats-based humor. :-) Thank you.
    “I love it. Coach, when we came here, we had a three-hour meeting about the core values. If you really represent the core values, it means diving on the floor, sacrificing your body for your teammates, no matter how much you’re up by or how much you’re down by, always playing hard.” -- Zion

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Dude. What’s your problem? If you don’t like this thread, don’t post here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Music man55 View Post
    I would say Goldwire. He has surprised me his last two years there,no reason he should stop now.
    OK, since he's the last one, just to anger fdd further, I'm going with Mark Williams.

I'm saying that primarily so that every single recruited player on the roster will have earned a "nomination" in this thread, but also because I think it's absolutely crazy that nobody has picked him so far. IMO, Mark is far more likely to be a big contributor than Henry Coleman or Jaemyn Brakefield, and personally I think more than Patrick Tapé, as well.

Based on this thread, they are all going to wear out their shoes between the scorers table and the foul circle going in and out.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Based on this thread, they are all going to wear out their shoes between the scorers table and the foul circle going in and out.
    That would be the biggest surprise.