Fantasy Football Pickups

Not sure how many people on this site are involved w/ fantasy football but I'm looking for some help. My team is in good shape and I have a comfortable lead in my league, but I'm still looking to get better. At QB, I'm set with Tom Brady and Derek Anderson. At running back, I've got Adrian Peterson and Marshawn Lynch. However, at WR, Roy Williams and Marvin Harrison have done nothing for me for the past 6 weeks.

I'm thinking about going with Derek Mason and Greg Jennings as my two key Wr's this weekend. Anyone have any sleeper predictions to have a big day at wide-out?

I feel like I'm on my way to a league victory with Peterson and Brady but I want to be like the Patriots and run away with it and crush everyone else!

(1) if he hasnt already been picked up Sidney Rice had a nice week for the Vikes last week.

(2) Laurent Robinson for the Falcons has been getting about 5-7 targets a game in the last few weeks, including some deep looks

(3) if return yards are valuable Joshua Cribbs is available in most leagues, and at the rate the Browns score should have several opportunities.

Everyone else worth owning is probably already taken.

I'd go with Roy Williams and Greg Jennings. Jennings has been very solid all year (since coming off his injury) and MIN is very good against the run. I doubt you will find anyone who will definitely perform better than Roy Williams on the waiver wire and DET plays ARI.

Is anyone else intrigued by Chris Henry coming back for the Bengals, at least from a fantasy perspective? Other than that i can't find anything intriguing about the bengals this season.

i just assumed somebody had already picked him up. Before he was suspended he ws one of Palmer's favorite red zone targets. It seems that TJ Houshmanzadeh has kind of filled that role this year, but if Palmer follows his trend Henry could be a good play - esp if CJ is not 100 percent

Quote Originally Posted by ugadevil View Post
    Not sure how many people on this site are involved w/ fantasy football but I'm looking for some help. My team is in good shape and I have a comfortable lead in my league, but I'm still looking to get better. At QB, I'm set with Tom Brady and Derek Anderson. At running back, I've got Adrian Peterson and Marshawn Lynch. However, at WR, Roy Williams and Marvin Harrison have done nothing for me for the past 6 weeks.

I'm thinking about going with Derek Mason and Greg Jennings as my two key Wr's this weekend. Anyone have any sleeper predictions to have a big day at wide-out?

I feel like I'm on my way to a league victory with Peterson and Brady but I want to be like the Patriots and run away with it and crush everyone else!
    Go with Jennings this week. He matches up well with the MIN defense which isn't very good against the pass. Jennings has had four scores over 41 yards this year plus two more scores.

I'm in the same boat as you. I have Favre and Anderson at QB. Adrian Peterson, a.k.a. All Day, and Kevin Jones from Detroit. If Gore can get healthy I'll take him off my bench. At WR I have (get this) Randy Moss, Steve Smith, TJ Housh and Brandon Marshall from Denver. If you have a chance to get Marshall go get him! At defense/special teams I have the Patriots and my kicker is Dawson from the Browns. My only weakness is Tight End. I have Scheffler from Denver with Clark from the Bears on my bench. Olsen is making Mr. Clark a less reliable starter.

I should win the league but I'd like to shore up my weak spots as well.

Did you draft Peterson early? I knew that he was going to be something special and I'm feeling quite proud of myself for drafting him. Thank goodness his coach finally gets it and made him the starter. If only he could come to his senses about QB the Vikings could be much better.

My fantasy team this year is atrocious. See if this doesn't make you squeamish. Here's my week 1 starting lineup:
    QB - Kitna
    RB - Gore
    RB - Mauroney
    WR - Holt
    WR - Walker
    WR/TE - Stallworth
    TE - Gonzalez

Since then I've traded away Gonzalez, Mauroney, Stallworth, and Kitna, and dropped Stallworth. But in a 10 team league there's nobody decent to plug in. However, now my lineup looks better:
    QB-Manning (eli)
    RB-Gore
    RB-Norwood (either Deangelo or Ladell this week since he is hurt)
    WR-Jennings
    WR-Curtis
    WR/TE-Mason
    TE-Shockey

Hopefully these guys can lead me to a win this year. I've given up hope of making the playoffs, but finishing on a winning streak would be nice.
    "There can BE only one."

My team is cruising along in 4th place. They should be a lot better than they are. I thought I drafted pretty well (ten man league). (we start 1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 wr/te flex, 1 k, 1 def)

The team I drafted was:

QB: Bulger
    RB: LT
    RB: Edge
    RB: Brandon Jackson
    RB: Marshawn Lynch
    RB: Fred Taylor
    WR: Ocho Cinco
    WR: Braylon Edwards
    WR: Wes Welker
    WR: Lee Evans
    WR: Chris Chambers
    TE: Eric Johnson

Since then I had to pick up a QB (and Anderson was gone) so I traded Braylon for Matt Hasselbeck. In an effort to pick up a TE of value I traded Brandon Jackson (when he was still starting) for Vernon Davis. And recently I traded Welker, Chris Chambers, and Edge for Moss. Inexplicably someone in my league dropped Brandon Jacobs and someone dropped Deion Branch.

My team now, which is still underachieving, is:

QB: Hasselbeck
    WR: CJ
    WR: Moss
    WR: Lee Evans
    WR: Deion Branch
    WR: Dwayne Bowe
    WR: Josh Cribbs
    RB: LT
    RB: Marshawn
    RB: Brandon Jacobs
    RB: Selvin Young
    RB: Cedric Benson (waiver wire pickup)
    TE: Vernon Davis

One of these days we will break out!

Quote Originally Posted by steven52682 View Post
    (1) if he hasnt already been picked up Sidney Rice had a nice week for the Vikes last week.

(2) Laurent Robinson for the Falcons has been getting about 5-7 targets a game in the last few weeks, including some deep looks

(3) if return yards are valuable Joshua Cribbs is available in most leagues, and at the rate the Browns score should have several opportunities.

Everyone else worth owning is probably already taken.
    FYI - Rice pulled a hammy and may be questionable for this week.
    "There can BE only one."

Quote Originally Posted by Chard View Post
    Did you draft Peterson early? I knew that he was going to be something special and I'm feeling quite proud of myself for drafting him. Thank goodness his coach finally gets it and made him the starter. If only he could come to his senses about QB the Vikings could be much better.
    Sounds like a good lineup. I've had a committee of wide receivers all year, but they've been adequate enough to keep me in first.
    At QB, I've got Brady and Anderson. I'm loaded at RB with Peterson, Lynch, and my favorite, Marion Barber III (you watch him through a game and think he hasn't done a lot and then in fantasy he's one of my leading scorers). WR I've struggled along w/ Harrison, Roy Williams, Jennings, and Dwayne Bowe. I traded Marques Colston away to get Peterson, which really worked out. I've got the Steelers on defense and Nick Folk at kicker. TE I'm set with Tony Gonzalez.

Now my NBA Fantasy team is another story. I thought I had a great draft and after 1 week of play I shot straight to last and haven't made any sort of move towards the top.