Marcus Paige
    Jason Capel

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    Marvin Austin
    Rashad McCants
    Mahktar Ndaiye
    Matt Doherty

That's all I got.
    Wait. I love Matt Doherty. At least the 8-20 version of him as a head coach.

Billy Cunningham
    Walter Davis
    Jordan
    George Lynch
    Marcus Paige

HM - Antawn Jamison, Stuart Scott

I saw Jamison torch my high school for 40 something. He was a damn good player and didn't preen and flex like Vince.

Vince became more likeable late in his NBA career when he mellowed our and became a veteran statesman. I hated him in college.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I saw Jamison torch my high school for 40 something. He was a damn good player and didn't preen and flex like Vince.

Vince became more likeable late in his NBA career when he mellowed our and became a veteran statesman. I hated him in college.
    Couldn't agree more

If you had told me in the late 90s that Carter would play 20+ years in the NBA and finish his career as a grizzled veteran and widely respected role player, I would have laughed in your face.

Rasheed Wallace is another Heel that I grew to like and respect over time. Pretty intelligent and quite a character. Absolutely despised him as a collegian and a young pro, though..

Wayne Ellington.

That's my list and I'm sticking to it.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I only got one.
    Cole Anthony.

Dude had a less than stellar season after tons of hype, was a member of a losing team that also was one of the very few in 2020 that lost in the post-season, lost to Duke twice, including in our very last game of the year (in Cameron and for all of 2020) and in the best comeback ever in the Dean Dome since the Rivers' shot, and then took off for the NBA, thus proving that Ol' Roy can't keep his guys in Chapel Hill no matter how hard he tries to make them believe in The Carolina Way.

May the Heels have many more like him. I love that guy.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

My favorite Carolina people are and will for ever be the 5 female cheerleaders I meet a few years back. Basking on Myrtle Beach, out of nowhere comes 5 gorgeous bikini clad ladies. They laid out their towels as I gawked. Aah what a day !

A name I haven’t seen yet but who would top my list is Eric Montross. The guy is just a genuinely good person, and a huge benefactor for the Children’s Hospital.

Showing my age...

Journalist David Brinkley was once featured in an article in a football program listing several “famous tar heels.” An enterprising young reporter for the Daily Tar Heel did some digging and discovered that although Brinkley had attended uNC, he dropped out after only two weeks. When Bill Friday was confronted with this information, he replied to the young reporter, “Son, you miss the point: Look how far he went on two weeks of Carolina education. Think what Brinkley could have accomplished if he’d stayed the full four years…”

Brad Daugherty. I loved his color commentary during the gone in 50 seconds game at Maryland. Too bad the decided to stick with NASCAR.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by cakerace View Post
    Journalist David Brinkley was once featured in an article in a football program listing several “famous tar heels.” An enterprising young reporter for the Daily Tar Heel did some digging and discovered that although Brinkley had attended uNC, he dropped out after only two weeks. When Bill Friday was confronted with this information, he replied to the young reporter, “Son, you miss the point: Look how far he went on two weeks of Carolina education. Think what Brinkley could have accomplished if he’d stayed the full four years…”
    On the journalist/media side:

Charles Kuralt -- like
    Curry Kirkpatrick -- not so much

5 Tarheels I don't hate (in no particular order):

Lawrence Taylor
    Brad Daugherty
    Bobby Jones
    Jawad Williams
    Heather (my wife)

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    On the journalist/media side:

Charles Kuralt -- like
    Other than a lifetime of cheating on his wife, he was a really great guy. Benefits of being "on the road."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Full disclosure, I'm a double grad of cheater hill. One of my only faults.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Reading this thread makes me appreciate warm beer.

This thread is tempting some really bad juju. Kind of like that time many years ago when a famous DBR poster opined that he felt bad for UNC and didn’t like to see them down because it hurt the rivalry. Shortly thereafter, lo and behold...

Just sayin’.

I can’t list five, but I can list one:

The lovely and talented Mrs. Tripping.

"Amazing what a minute can do."

Bobby Jones - Good player, better man.

That's all.