Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    USLacrosse Magazine is reporting that Michael Sowers has been notified of his admission to Fuqua.

USLacrosse Magazine is reporting that Michael Sowers has been notified of his admission to Fuqua.

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    Had they denied him admission, I'd have personally driven down there and befouled their shrubberies.

Nice. Not that it matters, but is Duke likely preseason #1?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil16 View Post
    Nice. Not that it matters, but is Duke likely preseason #1?
    Hard to say. The entire ACC comes back pretty much intact. Yale is still loaded. Ditto for Maryland.

Duke will certainly be in the conversation.

The Lady Cheats have added another All-American grad transfer for 2021: Darrmouth’s Katie Bourque.

I’m taking this one personally, as Bourque is from my HS.

I'm going to be royally bummed if we can't get our national act together to have a Lax season this year. The way things are going, it's far from a sure thing.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I'm going to be royally bummed if we can't get our national act together to have a Lax season this year. The way things are going, it's far from a sure thing.
    Strat-o-matic lax, anyone? We have until February to come up with player cards and game rules.

Duke’s Twitter account says that every senior other than C.J. will be back for 2021.

Chazz Woodson is the new head coach at Hampton. Good move for both.

Time for some D1 AD to hire Kyle Harrison.

Duke’s Twitter account says that every senior other than C.J. will be back for 2021.
    Even if fans are permitted, there may be no room for us with a squad as large as ours may be. Might have to seat some in the stands. Really pumped for next season--if there is one.

Did anyone attend the Zoom meeting? I would have liked to hear Coach Danowski's live reaction to some of the antics in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by awhom111 View Post
    Did anyone attend the Zoom meeting? I would have liked to hear Coach Danowski's live reaction to some of the antics in the game.
    I think I was the only non-player, non-parent, non-staff to attend. I found it enlightening. Coach was diplomatic in his compliments, but Matt was rather outspoken about the penalty at the end of the first half. Thought the officiating was bad. I think he would have favored ejection. Cade Van Raaphorst offered useful insights into the players situations, including the testing regimen. Brendan Fowler and CJ Costabile offered some face-off insights (after prompting by Coach). Coach did point out late in the game how decisive the two minute unreleasable penalty was.

I have watched every game. Couple of observations: it looks like there is only one officiating crew that does every game. Could be tired. Looked as if Chrome lost their legs in second half. They were playing on one day's rest, while Redwoods had two (their game Monday was postponed). It will be interesting to see how legs hold up at altitude on short rest throughout the tournament. It will be interesting to see how Redwoods do tonight with back-to-back games. (I won't see it--too late for this old guy).

Incidentally, CJ's dad and Brian Loftis made me an honorary fireman several years ago at a game. You had to be there.

ACC rules for the fall: men’s and women’s lax can practice at the institution’s discretion, but no competition.

https://goduke.com/news/2020/7/29/du...efinitely.aspx

ACC rules for the fall: men’s and women’s lax can practice at the institution’s discretion, but no competition.

https://goduke.com/news/2020/7/29/du...efinitely.aspx
    Yea, but will the junior and senior lacrosse players be on campus (or living in Durham) during the Fall semester? I'm still confused about how Duke will run the entire "show" this academic year?

Although the games won’t be played, the Under Armour All-America teams have been announced, and Duke’s incoming freshmen are well represented.

Brennan O’Neill, Aidan Danenza, Jake Naso, and Cole Krauss were named to the North Boys squad, and Charlie O’Connor would have suited up for the South Boys.

On the Girls side, Katie DiSimone was named to the South squad.

A fascinating coincidence: all six are graduates of Catholic high schools.

"A fascinating coincidence: all six are graduates of Catholic high schools."

Where else where can we find the practice of rulers to the nuckes to prepare for sticks to the head.

Brad Smith gets a PLL championship ring. Whipsnakes repeat as champs with a 12-6 win over Chaos.

Chaos put on a defensive clinic for almost three quarters, and rode a hot Blaze Riorden to build a 6-2 lead. Brad got a goal late in the third to break a 28-minute drought, and then in the fourth a house named Zed Williams fell on Chaos. I don’t think I’ve ever seen one player score four goals in under two minutes; if you missed the game, a replay of that sequence is worth your time.

Congrats to Brad and the Whipsnakes.

Congrats to Brad and the Whipsnakes.
    Now that's a name for a rock group. Brad and the Whipsnakes.

Nice article on our grad transfer face-off expert from Holy Cross.

https://www.uslaxmagazine.com/colleg...2%80%99connell
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide