View Poll Results: When will major pro or college sports resume in America?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Summer: May - July

8 8.99%
  • Fall: August - October

41 46.07%
  • Winter: November - January

17 19.10%
  • First half of 2021: Feb - June

14 15.73%
  • Second half of 2021: July - Dec

7 7.87%
  • 2022 or beyond

2 2.25%
Page 34 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    High schools are obviously affected as well. It will be interesting to see what this does to recruiting.

High school athletics in Wake County, the state's largest school district, were set to begin on Monday, but the suspension has now been extended with no set date for return.
    "After careful review of COVID-19 trends in Wake County and in the state of North Carolina, we have determined that it is not prudent to resume athletic and co-curricular activities at this time, nor for the foreseeable future. Therefore all voluntary workouts and practices are suspended indefinitely," the district wrote in an email to school administrators.
    https://www.highschoolot.com/wake-co...tice/19183056/
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

The USL, which operates league at the second and third tiers of men's soccer in the United States, started play today. The league is not policing fan restrictions and deferring to team and local decision-making so there will be fans at some games this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    High schools are obviously affected as well. It will be interesting to see what this does to recruiting.

https://www.highschoolot.com/wake-co...tice/19183056/
    The rumor out here in California is that if high school football is not played, seniors here will be trying to finish school in a state that is playing.

Quote Originally Posted by awhom111 View Post
    The rumor out here in California is that if high school football is not played, seniors here will be trying to finish school in a state that is playing.
    I can't imagine that is feasible for any more than an incredibly small minority of Cali football players, if it is really feasible for any.

There are only so many potential landing spots, some of which will also not be playing football, and all of which already presumably have full rosters.

Quote Originally Posted by awhom111 View Post
    The USL, which operates league at the second and third tiers of men's soccer in the United States, started play today. The league is not policing fan restrictions and deferring to team and local decision-making so there will be fans at some games this weekend.

Yep we have two transfers in football.
    Both from up north.9ne with several d1 offers.both defensive guys.but unfortunately the cases are risung in South Carolina im starting to wonder if we will play.
    Its good and bad i mean quality guys are always a plus.but for good lineman that are a bit undersized get shafted.they are just as good but smaller.
    We had this discussion with my son.
    If someone transfers and you get beaten out technically (5ft10 305)does he want to transfer or attend a private school .its his
    career whatever he decides is fine with me.just be happy.

The SEC commissioner said yesterday his concern about football this Fall is "high to very high." When the SEC says that, you know the season is on the brink.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    The Patriot League has cancelled their fall sports season. That's a weird league, so it's hard to say who will be affected and how. Army and Navy are both in the league, but they are exempt from this decision.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but the Ivy League has cancelled all fall sports.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedev_92 View Post
    Not sure if this has been mentioned, but the Ivy League has cancelled all fall sports.
    I don’t recall it having been mentioned. Thanks for the update. 😉

This a long but really good article on where football stands, and where it is likely headed. It has lots of thoughts from folks speaking anonymously behind the scenes.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/time-to...170634809.html

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    This a long but really good article on where football stands, and where it is likely headed. It has lots of thoughts from folks speaking anonymously behind the scenes.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/time-to...170634809.html
    yep, it's not gonna happen. Have to rely on pro sports for Fall entertainment...maybe (maybe) they can pull it off. Best bet might be hockey (all in Canada) and of course futbol (over there).

Life sucks and then you die.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    ...Have to rely on pro sports for Fall entertainment.... futbol (over there).
    The words "entertainment" and "futbol" do not belong in the same sentence. I would rather watch paint dry.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    The words "entertainment" and "futbol" do not belong in the same sentence. I would rather watch paint dry.
    Oh my gawd, thank you for calling out that painfully boring (to watch, anyway) sport.

It’s pretty cool, to a degree, during the World Cup and the Olympics because of the pageantry, the passionate fans, the fact that it’s only every four years, etc. But other than that I cannot think of a more boring sport to watch except for, maybe, curling.

Provocateur!

It has to be better than the Johnsonville Cornhole Championships, right?

yep, it's not gonna happen. Have to rely on pro sports for Fall entertainment...maybe (maybe) they can pull it off. Best bet might be hockey (all in Canada) and of course futbol (over there).
    I'm on record that it would not surprise me at all if there are NO college Fall sports played, including football. I wouldn't bet my life savings on it not happening but the odds are looking higher and higher that it won't take place.

Provocateur!

It has to be better than the Johnsonville Cornhole Championships, right?
    Depends. How often do the cornholios feign injury?
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Depends. How often do the cornholios feign injury?
    When they get dinged up they just rub a raw bratwurst on the wound, and bingo!

Bigger net
    Unlimited subs on the fly similar to hockey
    Find a way to stop diving.

Then we can talk!

maybe if futbollers wore lime green pants, they could attract the natty golf crowd?

I think soccer is fine as is and doesn’t need any changes. I’m past trying to convince folks about the game. It has become my favorite sport to watch on television, and has been for some time.