I feel that a discussion about the timeline for sports' return might be worth its own thread here, separate from the more general COVID thread on the off-topic board... but obviously this only works if the thread stays focused on the interplay between COVID and sports. Mods, if this isn't appropriate or becomes inappropriate, please move/close and take my sincere apologies.

Anyways, I felt it worthwhile to start this because of this article from SI.com that offers a pretty sobering take on when we can expect sports to return. While I think most people have understood that the reality we're facing is likely no in-person attendance, at least in a "normal" capacity, for the foreseeable future, many have been getting optimistic about the various options to get sports up and running again under some sort of "quarantine" scenario. But as discussed in this article, the science says that may still be at worst a pipe-dream, and at best a logistical nightmare that will require hugely ramped up testing capabilities.

All this begs the obvious question of how this plays out in the fall... considering the timelines at play, will the ability/inability to get sports up and running in some form now affect when we can expect to see NCAAB?

Again, if this needs to be shutdown/moved, I apologize, but I figured a focused discussion on COVID and sports may be warranted since this aspect of things may be of more general interest to the board and may be lost amongst the chatter on the off-topic thread.