View Poll Results: When will major pro or college sports resume in America?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Summer: May - July

8 8.99%
  • Fall: August - October

41 46.07%
  • Winter: November - January

17 19.10%
  • First half of 2021: Feb - June

14 15.73%
  • Second half of 2021: July - Dec

7 7.87%
  • 2022 or beyond

2 2.25%
Page 94 of 94 FirstFirst ... 4484929394
Results 1,861 to 1,866 of 1866
    Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    I imagine duke will have no interest in relaxing their current lockdown. I can see them allowing students, but I put the chance they allow non-affiliates on campus for a football game at approximately 0%. They want no part of what happened to UNC or NCSU, are currently doing okay, at least seemingly such that they can make it out the semester...there is no reason to risk that.
    The radio broadcast said students were congregating outside Wally Wade to watch the BC game on the scoreboard. It's safer to space them out in Wally Wade, but students didn't exactly physically distance for the ND game from what I saw on TV.

The bottom line: if you want to see Duke football in person this year, buy tickets for the GT game over Thanksgiving. I don't see NCSU tickets for the general public, and I don't see fans getting into the FSU game after the students leave. The proposed Duke basketball bubble runs the same weekend.

I imagine duke will have no interest in relaxing their current lockdown. I can see them allowing students, but I put the chance they allow non-affiliates on campus for a football game at approximately 0%. They want no part of what happened to UNC or NCSU, are currently doing okay, at least seemingly such that they can make it out the semester...there is no reason to risk that.
    I agree. Dukeís CoVid test results to date have been very good compared to so many other schools. The students seem to be behaving, and the protocols for random testing, pool testing, and precautionary quarantines seem to be working so far. They are about halfway there, and if they can make it to Thanksgiving without a major cluster, it would be a major accomplishment. I canít see the school risking a set-back.

Quote Originally Posted by Tooold View Post
    I agree. Dukeís CoVid test results to date have been very good compared to so many other schools. The students seem to be behaving, and the protocols for random testing, pool testing, and precautionary quarantines seem to be working so far. They are about halfway there, and if they can make it to Thanksgiving without a major cluster, it would be a major accomplishment. I canít see the school risking a set-back.
    finals and the end of the semester will be before thanksgiving, so not only is it a major accomplishment, but it constitutes success.
    It's being reported that due to coronavirus fears, Harvard has asked students not to return from spring break, and for classes to be held online.

Not to be outdone, UNC told students to stop coming to class 27 years ago under Dean Smith.

finals and the end of the semester will be before thanksgiving, so not only is it a major accomplishment, but it constitutes success.
    Well, exactly. That’s what I meant. Halfway there.

Notre Dame "postpones" this week's game against Wake Forest. 7 ND football players have tested positive for Covid-19 (hopefully, none of them came in close contact with Duke players).

https://www.wilx.com/2020/09/22/notr...ses-confirmed/

Quote Originally Posted by duke79 View Post
    Notre Dame "postpones" this week's game against Wake Forest. 7 ND football players have tested positive for Covid-19 (hopefully, none of them came in close contact with Duke players).

https://www.wilx.com/2020/09/22/notr...ses-confirmed/
    Rescheduled to December 12th.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."