Thread: John Prine RIP

John Prine RIP

I'm usually not a thread-starter, but thought the passing of John Prine deserves one. The songwriter/singer passed away on April 7 at age 73 due to complications from COVID-19. Rolling Stone has a nice tribute, embedding videos of several of his performances into the article - https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...e-obit-253684/.

I'm by no means an expert on his music, but enjoyed seeing him in concert at Wolf Trap here in northern Virginia a couple of years ago. I'll treasure my "John Prine is Pretty Good" coozie.

Indeed.

There is a long conversation on the thread about folks we have lost from coronavirus on John. He certainly deserves his own thread. But you may find some of the comments and videos there interesting too and I commend it to you.

A truly unique American talent. He put voice to the most fundamental, indescribable emotions in the simplest of terms. A true gift.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Indeed.

There is a long conversation on the thread about folks we have lost from coronavirus on John. He certainly deserves his own thread. But you may find some of the comments and videos there interesting too and I commend it to you.

A truly unique American talent. He put voice to the most fundamental, indescribable emotions in the simplest of terms. A true gift.
    Thanks for reminding me of that thread. I'd fallen behind on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by VA_BDevil View Post
    Thanks for reminding me of that thread. I'd fallen behind on that one.
    Unfortunately I fear it will be a thread that keeps itself on the front page for some time to come.