Happy (Zoom) Passover, everyone

I'll be conducting the Seder for 30+ people in all corners of the country tonight. We will have folks joining in from Atlanta, NY, Philly, St Louis, Dallas, and LA. I hope all my fellow members of the tribe are safe and secure.

My mom dropped off some of her amazing matzoh ball soup yesterday afternoon... left it on the front door step and them fled without even ringing the doorbell.

Crazy times...
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I'll be conducting the Seder for 30+ people in all corners of the country tonight. We will have folks joining in from Atlanta, NY, Philly, St Louis, Dallas, and LA. I hope all my fellow members of the tribe are safe and secure.

My mom dropped off some of her amazing matzoh ball soup yesterday afternoon... left it on the front door step and them fled without even ringing the doorbell.

Crazy times...
    We are doing the same. The question is: Will Elijah have his customary seat available? Or only if he Purells and wears a mask?

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    We are doing the same. The question is: Will Elijah have his customary seat available? Or only if he Purells and wears a mask?
    I'm not a member of your tribe and wish you all the best on this important day.

Happy Pesach to all my friends, from this Catholic sheltering in place.

Crazy times...
    This agnostic wishes everyone well. Especially in troublesome times. Let us all find comfort in ritual and custom, even if we've had to adapt.

Crazy times...
    A Zissen Pesach to you, Jason, and to all others celebrating tonight. We also did a Zoom seder, but with 7 vs. 30+.

For those celebrating, a joyous Easter to you.

Wishing all health and safety...from a Jewish prof at Catholic St. John's sheltering in place in Forest Hills, NY (to play on OPK's post).

my wife and I aren't Jewish, but the past few years we've been invited to the home of some friends for some truly memorable family Passover dinners...really wonderful occasions...hopefully we'll do it again next year.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Happy Pesach to all my friends, from this Catholic sheltering in place.
    Well, I guess there's the silver lining that we won't be wearing itchy Easter clothing on Sunday.
    Many, many years ago it would have also meant, for me, a flowery hat that was just a bit too small. Yikes.

But Happy Pesach to our brethren who observe the traditions.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

A sweet passover to all who are celebrating.

We participated with my cousins, as I've done all the years of my life, but this year in a virtual sedar. My cousin created an elegant Haggadah (prayer book) that she sent around that we could all share the same version (Maxwell House, it was not). [Did Pharoah really say "No Way"?] We had folks from California, Denver, Baltimore, Boston, NY, NJ, and one person on Route 95 in motion. Elijah was never so busy!

We reran it with a slightly different crew on the second night.
    Food was great. Company was better.

Happy Holidays and/or Best Wishes.

Larry
    DevilHorse

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Well, I guess there's the silver lining that we won't be wearing itchy Easter clothing on Sunday.
    Many, many years ago it would have also meant, for me, a flowery hat that was just a bit too small. Yikes.

But Happy Pesach to our brethren who observe the traditions.
    Yo, I can remember when people got dressed up for church, especially on Easter...now when I drive by the large local church, half the people are dressed like The Slobotniks...tank tops, baseball hats, shorts, et al...looks like they're going out to weed the garden...something seems to have changed in the past 40 years or so...so hard to keep track!