Duke Shot Charts (team and player)

Hey all! IÂ’ve been doing shot charts for every team in the top 25. Today, I did DukeÂ’s! Figured you guys would like to see them, so I put them together in an imgur album.

https://imgur.com/gallery/7n0v6G5

The bigger the hex, the higher the shot volume. The redder the hex, the higher the FG% from that area.

If you have any questions/suggestions, let me know! I can do other players if youÂ’d like. Also, feel free to check out my Instagram (@chrishancockanalytics) and twitter (@chrisfhancock) to see some of the other teams IÂ’ve done!

Quote Originally Posted by Hancock 4 Duke View Post
    Hey all! IÂ’ve been doing shot charts for every team in the top 25. Today, I did DukeÂ’s! Figured you guys would like to see them, so I put them together in an imgur album.

https://imgur.com/gallery/7n0v6G5

The bigger the hex, the higher the shot volume. The redder the hex, the higher the FG% from that area.

If you have any questions/suggestions, let me know! I can do other players if youÂ’d like. Also, feel free to check out my Instagram (@chrishancockanalytics) and twitter (@chrisfhancock) to see some of the other teams IÂ’ve done!
    Great data, thanks for putting together!

Some interesting tidbits in these charts:

• Duke was apparently a better 3pt shooting team overall than I remember.

• Tre struggled to finish at the rim.

• Cassius Stanley was a great 3pt shooter form the corners, decent from the wings, and terrible from the top of the key.

• Vernon was Stanley's complete inverse: he could only hit threes from the top of the key.

• No one could hit a mid-range shot--real chicken and egg problem on whether they don't hit that shot because we don't look for it, or we don't look for it because they don't hit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Truth&Justise View Post
    Great data, thanks for putting together!

Some interesting tidbits in these charts:

• Duke was apparently a better 3pt shooting team overall than I remember.

• Tre struggled to finish at the rim.

• Cassius Stanley was a great 3pt shooter form the corners, decent from the wings, and terrible from the top of the key.

• Vernon was Stanley's complete inverse: he could only hit threes from the top of the key.

• No one could hit a mid-range shot--real chicken and egg problem on whether they don't hit that shot because we don't look for it, or we don't look for it because they don't hit it.
    I think the midrange is just fading out of college basketball. As far as I remember, I don’t recall any teams that shot a high % from anywhere in the midrange. BYU shot about 50% from the right corner and wing 2, but they’re definitely an outlier in that regard.