Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chris should just call a time out and put a stop to this. We know he can do it - you're welcome cheats...

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    A Fab Five reunion without Webber feels silly.
    Just don’t call them the Fab Four. That moniker is taken! LGD GTHc!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    Don't disagree with the first two lines, don't care for Rose.

But they went to two Final Fours (unofficially, of course.) Those are regional championships, and we hang banners for those.
    This might be petty, but I recall that Butler went to 2 consecutive final games and I don't think they have a special banner made for that

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurkingdukedog View Post
    This might be petty, but I recall that Butler went to 2 consecutive final games and I don't think they have a special banner made for that
    I’m pretty sure Butler has a banner for each (Final Four) up in Hinkle.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    If Duke were to stage a special ceremony to mark the anniversary of "the shot" without Christian Laettner it just would not work.
    No, but his teammates might enjoy it more . . . .

(I keed, I keed, I kinda kinda keed!)

Don’t know, but they sure deserve to do it if they want. It’s an accomplishment of which they should be proud.

I haven't been to Hinkle and suspect you might be correct, but I don't hear clamor for a "special banner" as I understood Rose to request for his group at Michigan.

I believe you're correct.

Hinkle.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ggallagher View Post
    Ouch. Photographic proof of a backfire. Banners with the Final Four logo and the words "National Finalist" with the win-loss record and sport. They sure look like they were made special.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    I haven't been to Hinkle and suspect you might be correct, but I don't hear clamor for a "special banner" as I understood Rose to request for his group at Michigan.
    Sorry, that wasn't what I had interpreted from the comments (nor do I typically pay attention to what Rose says), just that they wanted a banner for their "accomplishments". I was merely pointing out that a Final Four appearance merited a banner. I was also responding to another person who posted that they "hadn't won any championships."

I consider all five of our banners in the north end zone as "special"!

(Now, the NCAA may not allow the Final Four banners since their appearances have been disavowed, and the previous banners self-destructed in five seconds. So, I guess it would be a "special banner" beyond the what I was talking about.)

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Don’t know, but they sure deserve to do it if they want. It’s an accomplishment of which they should be proud.
    Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    Ouch. Photographic proof of a backfire. Banners with the Final Four logo and the words "National Finalist" with the win-loss record and sport. They sure look like they were made special.
    I thought that the Reginal Final winner gets to hoist a banner... as a Regional Champion. The cut down the nets for winning the Regional, right?

Quote Originally Posted by gep View Post
    I thought that the Reginal Final winner gets to hoist a banner... as a Regional Champion. The cut down the nets for winning the Regional, right?
    That would be a Final Four banner. We have many hanging in Cameron! LGD GTHc!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com