Westworld Season 3

Westworld Season 3 starts Sunday night (3/15).

I'm going to try and re-watch the season 2 finale to refresh my memory.
    Has anyone come across a good recap of season 2? (I'll freely admit I have not put forth much effort in looking for one )

Quote Originally Posted by LegoBatman View Post
    Westworld Season 3 starts Sunday night (3/15).

I'm going to try and re-watch the season 2 finale to refresh my memory.
    Has anyone come across a good recap of season 2? (I'll freely admit I have not put forth much effort in looking for one )
    Not exactly a recap but this article and accompanying video do a great job of telling you what you need to know about season 2 as we head into season 3.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-only-10-...orl-1841976612
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Thanks. A good refresher.

Anyone watching? Anyone have crazy theories for the finale on Sunday?

This season has been a big improvement from last season, so if anyone gave up after the mess of season 2, it's worth another look. It's very different though (almost none of the season takes place in Westworld itself).

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    Anyone watching? Anyone have crazy theories for the finale on Sunday?

This season has been a big improvement from last season, so if anyone gave up after the mess of season 2, it's worth another look. It's very different though (almost none of the season takes place in Westworld itself).
    I'm watching but I was shocked and disappointed when I heard that the next will be the season finale. I'm enjoying the season but there seems to be so many moving parts (which is OK) and I was looking forward to seeing where they were going. The thought of wrapping it all up in one episode means they are not going much of anywhere with the various story lines which is a shame (so many possibilities).

Note, I tried to make sure I wasn't posting spoilers...

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    I'm watching but I was shocked and disappointed when I heard that the next will be the season finale. I'm enjoying the season but there seems to be so many moving parts (which is OK) and I was looking forward to seeing where they were going. The thought of wrapping it all up in one episode means they are not going much of anywhere with the various story lines which is a shame (so many possibilities).

Note, I tried to make sure I wasn't posting spoilers...
    We dropped off after a few episodes. We loved the first season, liked parts of the second season and just totally lost the thread in the third. I enjoy a certain amount of intricacy and mystery, but felt the story just got too complicated to enjoy.
    Carolina delenda est

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    We dropped off after a few episodes. We loved the first season, liked parts of the second season and just totally lost the thread in the third. I enjoy a certain amount of intricacy and mystery, but felt the story just got too complicated to enjoy.
    I get that. I get lost sometimes too. Sometimes I just let it go and say to myself "this will make sense later". Sometimes it does.

I agree that there is no way to even come close to wrapping everything up in one episode. But, I am betting that HBO told them they would get another season -- I mean, it is one of their most buzzed-about shows -- and they won't even try to bring it all home in the final episode. We will get some resolutions and answers, but mostly things will get resolved in season four.

Either that or Serac kills Delores and Caleb, puts Maeve into the sublime, turns off Bernard, and laughs at William the pauper. Poof, show over and Rahoboam/Serac rule the world (with burned-out Charlotte crying over her dead family for all eternity).

They could wrap it all up that way nice and quick
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I agree that there is no way to even come close to wrapping everything up in one episode. But, I am betting that HBO told them they would get another season -- I mean, it is one of their most buzzed-about shows -- and they won't even try to bring it all home in the final episode. We will get some resolutions and answers, but mostly things will get resolved in season four.

Either that or Serac kills Delores and Caleb, puts Maeve into the sublime, turns off Bernard, and laughs at William the pauper. Poof, show over and Rahoboam/Serac rule the world (with burned-out Charlotte crying over her dead family for all eternity).

They could wrap it all up that way nice and quick
    Let’s hope this ain’t no stinking Game of Thrones bull stuff.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

I get that. I get lost sometimes too. Sometimes I just let it go and say to myself "this will make sense later". Sometimes it does.
    Having suffered through Lost, I give TV a short leash with these sorts of things. Once bitten, twice shy and all.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Having suffered through Lost, I give TV a short leash with these sorts of things. Once bitten, twice shy and all.
    LOL, you'll have to let me know if Lost ever makes sense to you. It went from being really interesting to just confused crap.

I *hated* the over-complicated timeline chicanery in season 1 and lost a lot of threads in season 2. I didn't love season 3. But that finale last night was awesome.

my wife and I have pretty much stopped trying to figure out too much of a story arc and just watch each episode as a single entity, though it's fun to watch Dolores run amok.

I really enjoyed season one.
    Season two was a hot mess.
    Season three from start to finish was a big WTF.
    Not getting that time back.