Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tiger King

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Just to kind of put a bow on this:ze almost 70 big caer King' zoo
    Feds seize almost 70 big cats from 'Tiger King' zoo - NBC News

May 20, 2021, 11:33 PM CDT
    By Phil Helsel
    The U.S. government has seized almost 70 big cats from an Oklahoma animal park operated by a star of "Tiger King," officials said Thursday.

Sixty-eight lions, tigers and lion-tiger hybrids, and one jaguar, were taken from Tiger King Park in Thackerville, which is run by Jeffrey and Lauren Lowe.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...g-zoo-n1268104
    Took long enough!

My son just graduated from Coastal and asked for a family tour of Doc Antle’s Tiger preserve in Socastee, SC for a graduation present . Neither Mrs. Lotus nor I were excited about the tour. It was weird, wild and pricey. With that said, I don’t think this tour resembles any roadside zoo and I think the animals are very well cared for. A few repeat visitors commented that the price had doubled since the the Tiger King publicity. We did the Saturday night tour which is the only night tour of the week and it was sold out. Everyone is required to sign a waiver stating that you are fully aware that you might be mauled and/or maimed ( not actually verbiage). Also numerous threats were issued about sneaking a phone or camera in for taking pics. Doc himself seemed like a down to earth dude which was somewhat surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    My son just graduated from Coastal and asked for a family tour of Doc Antle’s Tiger preserve in Socastee, SC for a graduation present . Neither Mrs. Lotus nor I were excited about the tour. It was weird, wild and pricey. With that said, I don’t think this tour resembles any roadside zoo and I think the animals are very well cared for. A few repeat visitors commented that the price had doubled since the the Tiger King publicity. We did the Saturday night tour which is the only night tour of the week and it was sold out. Everyone is required to sign a waiver stating that you are fully aware that you might be mauled and/or maimed ( not actually verbiage). Also numerous threats were issued about sneaking a phone or camera in for taking pics. Doc himself seemed like a down to earth dude which was somewhat surprising.
    From the documentary, seemed like at his preserve the animals were reasonably well cared for generally (except for Joe Exotic's accusations) --- it was more the staff were things were questionable...Of course, the documentary may present one view. Thanks for the "firsthand" account.

Apparently, Carolina Tiger Rescue in Pittsboro received four of them:

https://abc11.com/pets-animals/nc-ti...wner/10692321/