Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tiger King

I got to an episode and a half but stopped. I’m having trouble getting into this one — and I’m no stranger to weird people.

I don’t normally watch any reality type tv shows but I got pulled in by a couple of buds who were joking on a text thread about making a late career change to the Big Cat biz in light of current economic volatility. My wife is from Myrtle Beach and neither she nor I had ever heard of that dude. My buds and I had a lot of good discussion about whether ‘Bhagavan "Doc" Antle’ is a genius or an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    I don’t normally watch any reality type tv shows but I got pulled in by a couple of buds who were joking on a text thread about making a late career change to the Big Cat biz in light of current economic volatility. My wife is from Myrtle Beach and neither she nor I had ever heard of that dude. My buds and I had a lot of good discussion about whether ‘Bhagavan "Doc" Antle’ is a genius or an idiot.
    I think the answer to that is "both".

They all seem like very, very good con men - and women. They are extremely skilled at preying on receptive victims.

But other than that, they're idiots.

The docuseries definitely begins to lay out the consequences of the deep psychological issues of its subjects. Sometimes folks are such colorful characters it's impossible to turn away but we just finished episode 5, which hits you hard from a surprising and grisly angle with the predatory nature of one of the relationships.

The video showing the campaign manager witnessing what happens to Travis Maldonado was pretty disturbing and I'm definitely thinking more about the docuseries' treatment of its subjects. We still have a few more episodes but I'm curious just how hard they pull on the strings of the darker subject matter.

Finished episode one. Not sure how I feel thus far...

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Finished episode one. Not sure how I feel thus far...
    Keep watching.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Keep watching.
    This, definitely. There is a reason the internet is flooded with these memes right now, and quarantined people are dressing up having dinner parties dressed as the different people in the series.

And that B Carol Baskin definitely killed her husband.

Quote Originally Posted by left_hook_lacey View Post
    This, definitely. There is a reason the internet is flooded with these memes right now, and quarantined people are dressing up having dinner parties dressed as the different people in the series.

And that B Carol Baskin definitely killed her husband.
    I'm 2 episodes in and I don't think she did kill him.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

I learned an important lesson watching this show. Never eat the pizza at a roadside wildlife park.

Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    I'm 2 episodes in and I don't think she did kill him.
    Keep watching.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I have watched the whole series now.

2 things: we do not do enough in this country to protect living things from abuse, be they roadside zoo employees or the animals that are kept there. IMHO, the "heroes" of this series are Reinke, Eric Cowie (I think I've got the name right), and Kirkham.

Well maybe she didn’t actually kill him directly.…

Maybe she just knocked him senseless with a quick whack over the head and then drug him into a tiger pen….

And then maybe just peacefully smiled while experiencing the joy of seeing her beloved big cats satisfy their natural urges….

And then maybe just peacefully smiled when she realized how lucky she was that her magically disappearing husband’s will ended up favoring her so specially….

And then quickly got over the misfortune of the children and former wife of her disappeared husband ending up with no support whatsoever…

And then enjoyed the thought of her main rival’s business and relationships totally falling apart – even to the point of one of his several husbands publically committing suicide…

And then probably assumed it was just the powerful tiger karma that led to her rival’s getting sentenced to prison….

And probably to this day would tell anyone that it’s just all the good tiger karma she has accumulated that has made her life so wonderful – because goodness gracious it sure seems like nearly everyone she deals with seems to be not nearly as successful and happy as she is.

So the lesson is “Be good to tigers, and for heaven’s sake do NOT cross Carol Baskin”. I’m guessing the current Mr. Carol fully appreciates how short his leash is.

Oh, and I do think she killed him – in case that didn’t come across.

Narcissism is a helluva drug. That's what I got out of the series.

Finished last night.

MrsPK’s comment was that the campaign manager was the only likable one in the whole lot. Hard to disagree.

Carole knows a lot more about the disappearance than she is letting on, I believe.

17A4EFAF-FC27-4F07-9F37-AD9ADDC40327.jpg

50BFBF00-F380-4AD3-9ACD-47883B4F4BF5.jpg

Tiger King gets the after show treatment on Easter Sunday.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/09/enter...rnd/index.html

Fell asleep in ep. 4. Just too repetitious. Zero interest in watching last 3 episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cormac View Post
    Tiger King gets the after show treatment on Easter Sunday.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/09/enter...rnd/index.html
    JE is risen?

Geez, remember when the entire country was watching this during the first weeks of the pandemic?

Anyway, Doc Antle has been indicted for...wait for it...you're going to be shocked...wildlife trafficking.

Don't be ashamed, no one saw it coming.

Random fact of the day... a Dukie and big Duke basketball fan is the showrunner for the planned Kate McKinnon Tiger King miniseries

Just to kind of put a bow on this:ze almost 70 big caer King' zoo
    Feds seize almost 70 big cats from 'Tiger King' zoo - NBC News

May 20, 2021, 11:33 PM CDT
    By Phil Helsel
    The U.S. government has seized almost 70 big cats from an Oklahoma animal park operated by a star of "Tiger King," officials said Thursday.

Sixty-eight lions, tigers and lion-tiger hybrids, and one jaguar, were taken from Tiger King Park in Thackerville, which is run by Jeffrey and Lauren Lowe.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...g-zoo-n1268104