Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tiger King

Tiger King

Anyone else watch this on Netflix yet? Hooo boy is it bananas. It’s very entertaining. I think it’s well done too. But man, not a single likable person in the whole mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Cormac View Post
    Anyone else watch this on Netflix yet? Hooo boy is it bananas. It’s very entertaining. I think it’s well done too. But man, not a single likable person in the whole mess.
    Yes, you just can't make this stuff up. It's one of those that you just can't turn away from.

LOL...

I'm currently watching the 1st episode.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    LOL...

I'm currently watching the 1st episode.
    You’re in for a treat!

If you like Tiger King, make sure to check out Dancin' Outlaw and the Wonderful Whites of West Virginia. Some eerily similar themes...

Me and Mrs. Surprise have thoroughly enjoyed it so far. We've got three more to watch. While I'm watching, I'm like, are there really people like this???

There’s a podcast called Over My Dead Body that did this story around this time last year. It’s definitely cuckoo bananas.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

And here I thought this thread was going to be about Eldrick Woods’s relationship with Arnold Palmer ....
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

I just started watching it early this morning. Wow, what a bunch of bizarre characters.

I saw someone lost online,that if 2020 was a person, it would look like Joe Exotic, the Tiger King.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    And here I thought this thread was going to be about Eldrick Woods’s relationship with Arnold Palmer ...
    As an infrequent Off-Topic visitor; my thoughts exactly when I opened the thread. Disappointing initially, but maybe I’ll like this Netflix series.

Finished it this morning.

The weirdness builds in every episode. Just when you think it couldn't be more strange, it is.

What an entertaining, despicable, deluded bunch of characters.

Oh my goodness. We just finished episode 2 (Carole did it, definitely). Biology teaches us about the planet's rich biodiversity but you could spend a lifetime studying all the odd birds in our own species.

My wife and I are enjoying going around the house and pointing out the things that are and are not the property of Joe Exotic.

wow...just watched the first 2...amazing...

the real star is rick kirkham, who has woven this into one of the most elaborate dumpster fires ever on TV...

these characters are as rich as any...unbelievable...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

I went into Tiger King expecting to see a dumpster fire and hoping that Florida wouldn't be involved. Not only did it feature Florida, a good portion of it takes place in the county I call home.

Quote Originally Posted by subzero02 View Post
    I went into Tiger King expecting to see a dumpster fire and hoping that Florida wouldn't be involved. Not only did it feature Florida, a good portion of it takes place in the county I call home.
    Surely you had heard about all this before then?!?!
    Last edited by JasonEvans; 03-29-2020 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Surely you had heard about all this before then?!?!
    No, I actually hadn't. I had heard the name Big Cat Rescue, which according to google maps is 34 minutes from where I live in Hillsborough County, but I hadn't heard anything about the scandals and accusations associated with the facility and its owners. Carole Baskin's husband went "missing" in August of 1997; my family didn't start moving to the area until the end of my first semester at Duke( fall of 98) and I didn't join them until the end of the summer in 1999. I guess by then, the incident wasn't being covered regularly on the local news.

My wife made me.yes made me.(rolled my ankle stuck in my lazy boy).binge watch every episode today.
    Crazy people .who knew tigers were a aphrodisiac?

Quote Originally Posted by subzero02 View Post
    No, I actually hadn't. I had heard the name Big Cat Rescue, which according to google maps is 34 minutes from where I live in Hillsborough County, but I hadn't heard anything about the scandals and accusations associated with the facility and its owners. Carole Baskin's husband went "missing" in August of 1997; my family didn't start moving to the area until the end of my first semester at Duke( fall of 98) and I didn't join them until the end of the summer in 1999. I guess by then, the incident wasn't being covered regularly on the local news.
    Well just be careful where you go. That was the weirdest pack of characters I think I've ever seen, and honest to goodness, Carol Baskin scares me more than the rest of them. I wouldn't want to be anywhere close to her.

It didn't matter whether she was talking about her love of cats, the death threats against her, being raped at knifepoint as a child, or just saying, "No my goodness, I didn't feed my husband to the tigers" -- She always had the same angelic, peaceful grin on her face. She is NOT normal.

But then I'm thinking being "not normal" was a requirement for getting involved in all that. What a strange, strange bunch of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Ggallagher View Post
    Well just be careful where you go. That was the weirdest pack of characters I think I've ever seen, and honest to goodness, Carol Baskin scares me more than the rest of them. I wouldn't want to be anywhere close to her.

It didn't matter whether she was talking about her love of cats, the death threats against her, being raped at knifepoint as a child, or just saying, "No my goodness, I didn't feed my husband to the tigers" -- She always had the same angelic, peaceful grin on her face. She is NOT normal.

But then I'm thinking being "not normal" was a requirement for getting involved in all that. What a strange, strange bunch of people.
    I'm only 2 episodes in and am in the camp of she didn't kill her husband. Curious to see how this plays out.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by Ggallagher View Post

I have a feeling most of them have parted ways with truth and reality.