Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by left_hook_lacey View Post
    Got in 18 at Carolina colours today in new bern. Beautiful day,family so happy to get out of the house, and my son got his first birdie.
    Played 18 holes with my 3 church friends yesterday. The owners of the course are following the guide lines set forth by our governor. There was a sign on the counter with rules to be followed, such as not touching the pen. They had fixed the cup so your golf ball would not go all the way to the bottom of the cup so you could get your ball out of the cup without touching the pen. Needless to say, we said, "pick it up" on most holes. The clubhouse was basically empty except for one or two people paying, no concessions etc. One funny story, two foursomes of teacher friends were playing. The second group thought their friends in front of them were playing a joke on them with the cup/pen set up. After four holes they called the clubhouse and told the pro he needed to have the course ranger tell their friends in front of them, "enough is enough we are not fixing the cups anymore today". Needless to say, the pro wasn't too amused because the grounds guy had to go out and put the cups back in order. It was great to get rid of cabin fever for one day.

GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Played 18 holes with my 3 church friends yesterday. The owners of the course are following the guide lines set forth by our governor. There was a sign on the counter with rules to be followed, such as not touching the pen. They had fixed the cup so your golf ball would not go all the way to the bottom of the cup so you could get your ball out of the cup without touching the pen. Needless to say, we said, "pick it up" on most holes. The clubhouse was basically empty except for one or two people paying, no concessions etc. One funny story, two foursomes of teacher friends were playing. The second group thought their friends in front of them were playing a joke on them with the cup/pen set up. After four holes they called the clubhouse and told the pro he needed to have the course ranger tell their friends in front of them, "enough is enough we are not fixing the cups anymore today". Needless to say, the pro wasn't too amused because the grounds guy had to go out and put the cups back in order. It was great to get rid of cabin fever for one day.

GoDuke!
    Same case there. They had packaged food/snacks/drinks but nothing made fresh. They had a huge stack of papertowels on the counter and asked that you take one to open the drink cooler door if you were getting beer out.

Hand sanitizer at all entrances, and the cups were fixed like you mentioned above.

I was pretty impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by left_hook_lacey View Post
    Same case there. They had packaged food/snacks/drinks but nothing made fresh. They had a huge stack of papertowels on the counter and asked that you take one to open the drink cooler door if you were getting beer out.

Hand sanitizer at all entrances, and the cups were fixed like you mentioned above.

I was pretty impressed.
    I just received email from Deep Springs Country Club and they are dealing with the virus the same way. They also have one player per golf cart. Yesterday the course we played allowed 2 players per cart. Not 6 feet apart. That would've been one big golf cart.

GoDuke!