Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 27 of 27
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Quote Originally Posted by TywinBlue View Post
    On November 25-27, Duke will play in the always ferocious Battle for Atlantis in the Bahamas.
    While no bracket has been released as of yet, participants include a few who should be nationally ranked at the start of the season: Creighton, Ohio State and West Virginia. Also in the field: Memphis,Wichita State, Utah and Texas A&M...Please correct any mistakes and add whatever facts or speculation you have.
    Duke has been understandably silent about opponents this year. Only 1 exhibition and App. State have been announced. With the changes to the academic year, Atlantis now immediately follows final exams and Cameron will resemble the holiday break for 1/2 the year (say 11/30-1/16 for 8 games.) This assumes, of course, games are played at all and with fans in the stands at all.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    Duke has been understandably silent about opponents this year. Only 1 exhibition and App. State have been announced. With the changes to the academic year, Atlantis now immediately follows final exams and Cameron will resemble the holiday break for 1/2 the year (say 11/30-1/16 for 8 games.) This assumes, of course, games are played at all and with fans in the stands at all.
    I wonder about schedule adjustments. Does the season start earlier? Does it start later -- after exams? After exams makes more sense to me. Remember, you won't need an exam break in December. If you start the season on the Saturday before Thanksgiving, is there enough time to get all the games in? This is assuming the plan to have students back on campus this Fall works. I hope it can work.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Since the season is in flux, perhaps 2020-21 should be the relegation year. In a year with a shortened season the ACC should take the top 10 in the conference from 2019-20 and have them play a full round-robin. Only these 10 are eligible for the ACC tournament and NCAAs.

    The bottom 5 can also play a round-robin but since they did not do well in 2019-20 they are relegated to the group that is not eligible.

    Since there was a 3 way tie for 10th perhaps we can make it 12 in the "eligible" round-robin and 3 in the "ineligible" round robin. OK maybe that isn't fair to Pittsburgh so make this 14 and 1.

    1 Florida State 16-4
    2 Duke 15-5
    2 Louisville 15-5
    2 Virginia 15-5
    5 Georgia Tech 11-9
    6 Notre Dame 10-10
    6 North Carolina State 10-10
    6 Syracuse 10-10
    9 Clemson 9-11
    10 Virginia Tech
    10 Miami (FL) 7-13
    10 Boston College 7-13
    13 Pittsburgh 6-14
    13 Wake Forest 6-14
    13 North Carolina 6-14

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    6 miles from Heaven, 10 miles from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkD83 View Post
    Since the season is in flux, perhaps 2020-21 should be the relegation year. In a year with a shortened season the ACC should take the top 10 in the conference from 2019-20 and have them play a full round-robin. Only these 10 are eligible for the ACC tournament and NCAAs.

    The bottom 5 can also play a round-robin but since they did not do well in 2019-20 they are relegated to the group that is not eligible.

    Since there was a 3 way tie for 10th perhaps we can make it 12 in the "eligible" round-robin and 3 in the "ineligible" round robin. OK maybe that isn't fair to Pittsburgh so make this 14 and 1.

    1 Florida State 16-4
    2 Duke 15-5
    2 Louisville 15-5
    2 Virginia 15-5
    5 Georgia Tech 11-9
    6 Notre Dame 10-10
    6 North Carolina State 10-10
    6 Syracuse 10-10
    9 Clemson 9-11
    10 Virginia Tech
    10 Miami (FL) 7-13
    10 Boston College 7-13
    13 Pittsburgh 6-14
    13 Wake Forest 6-14
    13 North Carolina 6-14
    Since we now play a 20 game conference schedule, eleven teams would fit. (ten teams home-away. Other than the bottom team, you can't beat yourself.)

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    Since we now play a 20 game conference schedule, eleven teams would fit. (ten teams home-away. Other than the bottom team, you can't beat yourself.)
    Unless you are unCheat.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    6 miles from Heaven, 10 miles from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    Duke has been understandably silent about opponents this year. Only 1 exhibition and App. State have been announced. With the changes to the academic year, Atlantis now immediately follows final exams and Cameron will resemble the holiday break for 1/2 the year (say 11/30-1/16 for 8 games.) This assumes, of course, games are played at all and with fans in the stands at all.
    My hunch is that we won't play in the Bahamas this year. Don't see the team traveling out of the country, even just to Nassau.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    6 miles from Heaven, 10 miles from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Unless you are unCheat.
    That would be the bottom team.

Similar Threads

  1. 2021 Men's Basketball Recruiting Thread
    By DavidBenAkiva in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 560
    Last Post: Today, 12:35 PM
  2. Replies: 48
    Last Post: 06-10-2020, 09:52 AM
  3. 2019-2020 Schedule Speculation / Updates
    By HCheek37 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 10-22-2019, 11:43 AM
  4. 2011-12 MBB Schedule Speculation
    By pfrduke in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 110
    Last Post: 08-24-2011, 02:25 PM
  5. MBB Basketball Schedule speculation 2010-11
    By NYC Duke Fan in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 08-05-2010, 08:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •