Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    Yes, the emphasis is on PAY, as in, PAY YOUR RENT!
    Crazies after block:

Why’d you come? TO PAY YOUR RENT!

I hear Patrick is a very hard worker, a real Tapé personality.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    If Patrick is caught in reverie, staring into the distance: Gauze Tape?

Upon entering his specialty after med school: Surgical Tape.

When talking on his mobile device: Cellophone Tape?
    Then it will be as someone posted, hell to Tape.

GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Wow! It works! Is their a dictionary of such codes easily available?
    Just search for extended ASCII character codes.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil16 View Post
    https://www.si.com/college/duke/bask...o-patrick-tape

Seems to potentially have some foul trouble issues, but still excited given the need we have for depth
    Happy that someone got these clips on Tape.
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by Ima Facultiwyfe View Post
    I've heard that his sister, Cassette, is interested in playing for the women.
    Love, Ima
    Older sister. She played in the 80s following in her her uncle 8-Track’s footsteps.

Yep

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    Older sister. She played in the 80s following in her her uncle 8-Track’s footsteps.
    8-Track played back when all games were divided into quarters.

I once thought, like most of us as fans, that the 5 would be Duke's weak spot next year. Although there are still a lot of question marks about how each player might perform, I do feel that Duke does not have players that can play the 5.
    Tapé: 6-10 232 SR will add maturity, some experience and he is capable on the offensive end of things.
    Williams: 7-0 225 FR will add that long shot blocking rim protector and rebounder as those are said to be his strengths.
    Coleman: 6-8 240 FR is the heaviest and most likely the strongest of the group and he has a motor and is a determined rebounder.

Put that all together and if Duke is able to get 15ppg 12 rebounds and some blocks that would make up for what Duke loses as post productions from this year. Not to mention 15 fouls

Quote Originally Posted by Jaks19 View Post
    I once thought, like most of us as fans, that the 5 would be Duke's weak spot next year. Although there are still a lot of question marks about how each player might perform, I do feel that Duke does not have players that can play the 5.
    Tapé: 6-10 232 SR will add maturity, some experience and he is capable on the offensive end of things.
    Williams: 7-0 225 FR will add that long shot blocking rim protector and rebounder as those are said to be his strengths.
    Coleman: 6-8 240 FR is the heaviest and most likely the strongest of the group and he has a motor and is a determined rebounder.

Put that all together and if Duke is able to get 15ppg 12 rebounds and some blocks that would make up for what Duke loses as post productions from this year. Not to mention 15 fouls
    Was that a typo and should have been now?

GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaks19 View Post

I suspect that a modestly bulked up Hurt will see some time as the nominal center in small ball / five out lineups, and perhaps in tight end of game situations as well

Quote Originally Posted by luvdahops View Post
    I suspect that a modestly bulked up Hurt will see some time as the nominal center in small ball / five out lineups, and perhaps in tight end of game situations as well
    I think he’ll need to play the 5 some if Hurt, Roach, Cash, Wendell, and Johnson are the “Best 5”. Assuming JGold, Steward, Williams and Tape are in the rotation it will be hard to get those five 25-30 MPG otherwise. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if JGold and Roach split the PG minutes almost evenly. It that shouldn’t effect Hurt much.

6'9, 230+lb Jaemyn Brakesfield is my preferred choice for center. With him and Jalen in the post, it'll be confusing for teams and fans.
    Last edited by proelitedota; 03-27-2020 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Wow! It works! Is their a dictionary of such codes easily available?
    Try this one on wiki. For each character, the Windows Alt code is the third line of the table entry.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_page_437

This only covers the 256 ASCII characters. If we ever get a player from Russia, for example, then we'll have to learn how to type the Unicode for Cyrillic characters.
    Last edited by Neals384; 03-27-2020 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neals384 View Post
    Try this one on wiki. For each character, the Windows Alt code is the third line of the table entry.

This only covers the 256 ASCII characters. If we ever get a player from Russia, for example, then we'll have to learn how to type the Unicode for Cyrillic characters.
    As a reminder, I think this technique only works using the number pad, not the numbers above the letters. (Though there's probably some oddball keyboard that does it the other way...)

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    As a reminder, I think this technique only works using the number pad, not the numbers above the letters. (Though there's probably some oddball keyboard that does it the other way...)

-jk
    I just tried it on the number pad and was successful, not so much this AM with the second technique. (But, then again, I'm no Pinball, err, computer wizard .)
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Welcome to the party, pal!!!!
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I just tried it on the number pad and was successful, not so much this AM with the second technique. (But, then again, I'm no Pinball, err, computer wizard .)
    In some environments, a lower case x followed immediately by an opening parenthesis, x( yields an exploding head.

Quote Originally Posted by Neals384 View Post

Thanks. Works fine for DBR messages. I'll check other text formats.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Jeff Goodman has a "scout's take" on Patrick's game:

https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/sta...997505/photo/1

Quote Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
    Jeff Goodman has a "scout's take" on Patrick's game:

https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/sta...997505/photo/1
    that sounds kinda like exactly what we're expecting next year''s team will need (if in fact, any b-ball gets played). Even if he ends up just playing a Javin-esque mentor to young studs role, that has value too. Although Javin frustrated many fans, myself included, since his amazing physical tools didn't really turn into the productivity many salivated over, his presence on the team was important. If Patrick produces roughly what Javin did as a Sr. (~4pts & 4 rebs pg), along with good leadership, then that will be seen as a successful use of the grad-school transfer rule for Duke basketball, any production beyond that is pure gold.