Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 79-77 View Post
    IMHO, Occam's razor would indicate that Tape bailed because he thinks Hurt is staying. I realize that Tapés game differs substantially from Hurt's, but I think ultimately they would be competing for frontcourt minutes, and I think (and I think Tape thinks) that there will be materially fewer of those to go around if Hurt stays.
    several have noted there is insider info it has nothing to do with hurt.
    April 1

I'd actually say that Occam's Razor would say the kid just changed his mind. Simpler explanation, and evidently what happened.

Why do we care why?

Maybe

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I'd actually say that Occam's Razor would say the kid just changed his mind. Simpler explanation, and evidently what happened.
    Maybe someone pointed out to him that Coach K tends to go small, especially at crunch time and late in the season?

Quote Originally Posted by Truth&Justise View Post
    Any chance he commits to Duke??
    That would be fun; but we might then ask him to walk on.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Why do we care why?
    Why do you care why we care why?

Why do we care why?
    some cared why because they felt it might be indicative of Hurt returning...that plus Williams alone in the post may (emphasis) may not be sufficient next year...

Easy, folks!

-jk

Why do we care why?
    The related question I have been struggling with is why is it our business? I am a very curious person and a big part of me really wants to know why. But realistically, why is it my business? Maybe it was academic, or health, or family, or related to a girlfriend, or because one of our coaches did something to offend him (I have no inside information so I am not implying that it was any of these reasons - just speaking hypothetically)? Would he have an obligation to reveal this? Yes, these are public figures, but at some point we should also respect their privacy, move on and wish him the best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    several have noted there is insider info it has nothing to do with hurt.
    The only insider info I've seen mentioned in this thread relates to a report from a fan website with no attribution or real support -- was there anything else?

Well, I think it's fair to say that by definition, he's changed his mind about attending Duke. But it would seem highly likely that there was a (to him) compelling reason to do so.

Certainly it could have nothing to do with Hurt. As others have noted, it could be family-related, COVID-related or a million other reasons. It just seems likely to me that a change of heart during this particular time period would be due to him learning new information about his likely role with the team.

We didn't read the stories that said "Send in the Rebels and send out the clowns."
    And we didn't lose by 30.

Quote Originally Posted by 79-77 View Post
    The only insider info I've seen mentioned in this thread relates to a report from a fan website with no attribution or real support -- was there anything else?
    if budworm has a multiple reasons to believe it, that's good enough for me (respect that's been earned from years of quality posting). you're free to believe whatever you want.
    April 1

I thought Tapes failure to adhere to his commitment was very tacky. Or maybe it was the opposite of tacky. I’m stuck.

if budworm has a multiple reasons to believe it, that's good enough for me (respect that's been earned from years of quality posting). you're free to believe whatever you want.
    thank you...for those who care enough to post here, a subscription to the Devils Den is something like ten bucks a month, with promotional deals all the time...I personally think it's worth it. Less than a four pack of premium beer.
    I'm not going to share someone else's premium info over here...so it's tough to respond to queries/challenges ....I know quite a few other DBR posters subscribe to TDD, and I believe that they find that it complements DBR very nicely.

thank you...for those who care enough to post here, a subscription to the Devils Den is something like ten bucks a month, with promotional deals all the time...I personally think it's worth it. Less than a four pack of premium beer.
    I'm not going to share someone else's premium info over here...so it's tough to respond to queries/challenges ...I know quite a few other DBR posters subscribe to TDD, and I believe that they find that it complements DBR very nicely.
    I just saw a tweet by way of facebook that said, watch out for a commitment to Syracuse because they were able to flip him. Says Tape is close to the coaching staff there. Coming from Jerry Meyer and Evan Daniel 247 sports.

GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    I just saw a tweet by way of facebook that said, watch out for a commitment to Syracuse because they were able to flip him. Says Tape is close to the coaching staff there. Coming from Jerry Meyer and Evan Daniel 247 sports.

GoDuke!
    Probably a good fit. I think he would have been at least a rotation guy for Duke but I’m sure the competition for PT won’t be as intense at Syracuse. If a guy wants assurance that he will play his only grad transfer year, Duke probably isn’t a good fit unless he’s a Travis or Blackshear level player.

just purely speculation on my part, but is Tape able to graduate since they couldn't finish classes. Without him graduating, I don't know if Duke could accept him without waiting a year or has this rule changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnstormer View Post
    just purely speculation on my part, but is Tape able to graduate since they couldn't finish classes. Without him graduating, I don't know if Duke could accept him without waiting a year or has this rule changed.
    every university i know of (including columbia) is completing the spring semester online, and finishing classes, and graduating seniors...so your premise here is wrong.
    April 1

every university i know of (including columbia) is completing the spring semester online, and finishing classes, and graduating seniors...so your premise here is wrong.
    Agree. That’s exactly what we are doing here at St. John’s. No commencement planned, but all graduations as scheduled upon completion.

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    Agree. That’s exactly what we are doing here at St. John’s. No commencement planned, but all graduations as scheduled upon completion.
    Gotta be a hideous year for the graduation cap and gown rental business.

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post

GoDuke!
    Good for him. I hope Duke beats the BLEEP out of Syracuse and dunks on Tape next year. Joking. Kinda. Tape seems like a good guy. Suddenly it went from another member in the brotherhood to Step Brothers. Never touch my drums! Feels like Syracuse is kinda always hanging out around the corner ready to swoop in on Duke transfers. Seriously good for him. Seems like a decent fella and a tough player.