Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    Control is now free on the Epic Games store: https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p/control

Here are the Metacritic reviews (if you are not familiar with the game): https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/control
    I futzed around with it for awhile (PS Plus) and enjoyed it. But as it ramped up it quickly became frustrating for me.

I'm revisiting Witcher 3 (PS Now) and really enjoying it. The storylines are very compelling. The gameplay is a little clunky at times, but it leaves me excited to see what they could do on a next gen console.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I futzed around with it for awhile (PS Plus) and enjoyed it. But as it ramped up it quickly became frustrating for me.

I'm revisiting Witcher 3 (PS Now) and really enjoying it. The storylines are very compelling. The gameplay is a little clunky at times, but it leaves me excited to see what they could do on a next gen console.
    I loved The Witcher 3 (including the expansions) and was pretty excited for CDPR’s next game, Cyberpunk 2077. I played for an hour or two at launch and thought it was okay, but I put it down after reading about various game-breaking bugs and crashes. I don’t want to go through that but will definitely revisit it when it is fixed. Instead I picked up Ghost of Tsushima (which was excellent) and then started chipping away at my massive backlog; currently playing Nier Automata and enjoying it so far.

I loved The Witcher 3 (including the expansions) and was pretty excited for CDPR’s next game, Cyberpunk 2077. I played for an hour or two at launch and thought it was okay, but I put it down after reading about various game-breaking bugs and crashes. I don’t want to go through that but will definitely revisit it when it is fixed. Instead I picked up Ghost of Tsushima (which was excellent) and then started chipping away at my massive backlog; currently playing Nier Automata and enjoying it so far.
    Loved Ghost of Tsushima. Great story, natural feeling gameplay, beautiful scenery.

What I've learned in quarantine is that maybe 90% of games are not my jam. There's a very specific type of open world game that I really enjoy. Others have limited appeal to me. I'm certainly not the majority of gamers.

Games I love:

Skyrim
    RDR2
    Witcher 3
    Ghost of Tsushima

I'm only eight years late to the party, but holy cow The Last Of Us is a powerful story.

I'm only eight years late to the party, but holy cow The Last Of Us is a powerful story.
    Agreed. And now HBO is making it into a show, starring Game of Thrones actors Pedro Pascal and Bella Ramsey. The sequel is very good too, although it made some narrative choices that some people lost their minds over.

Agreed. And now HBO is making it into a show, starring Game of Thrones actors Pedro Pascal and Bella Ramsey. The sequel is very good too, although it made some narrative choices that some people lost their minds over.
    I heard about all of that. Definitely on my list.

Time for my annual KOTOR play throughs. Things are slow lol.

Quote Originally Posted by thedukeman View Post
    Time for my annual KOTOR play throughs. Things are slow lol.
    Wish I had a platform for that.

Wish I had a platform for that.
    Heard it isn't coming to VR for another 3-5 years.

If you're being serious though, I've played on macbook and ipad and both are enjoyable experiences. I used to play on PC and heavily use mods but the app store version is less hassle and still great.

Heard it isn't coming to VR for another 3-5 years.

If you're being serious though, I've played on macbook and ipad and both are enjoyable experiences. I used to play on PC and heavily use mods but the app store version is less hassle and still great.
    By pure coincidence, I spent Saturday afternoon modding my copy of KOTOR. Sadly, I couldn't get it to run (crashed immediately after character creation) and didn't have the energy to sort it out. Maybe this weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    By pure coincidence, I spent Saturday afternoon modding my copy of KOTOR. Sadly, I couldn't get it to run (crashed immediately after character creation) and didn't have the energy to sort it out. Maybe this weekend!
    I've been having troubles with my mods too. A few years ago I finally gave up once they added KOTOR 2 to the app store as well as KOTOR 1.

I've been having troubles with my mods too. A few years ago I finally gave up once they added KOTOR 2 to the app store as well as KOTOR 1.
    I suppose what I should have done, although it would be massively time consuming, is try to launch the game after each mod to pin down the issue. Or I could just play low resolution 4:3 without the various bug fixes and enjoy the retro feel.

Update: I got it working!

Ghost of Tsushima Expansion is about to drop in a month with the PS5 upgrades. I'm very excited.

Update: I got it working!
    cheers!

cheers!
    The only thing I couldn't get working was the mod to redo the HUD for widescreen, but that isn't really that big a deal I guess (just looks a little weird). I hadn't played either KOTOR game until now (but I did play SWTOR a while back), glad I can finally check them off the list!

The only thing I couldn't get working was the mod to redo the HUD for widescreen, but that isn't really that big a deal I guess (just looks a little weird). I hadn't played either KOTOR game until now (but I did play SWTOR a while back), glad I can finally check them off the list!
    I think they're quite good! They definitely don't look as good as SWTOR though lol.

I'm refamiliarizing myself with Ghost of Tsushima in anticipation of the expansion and PS5 upgrades. It's such a beautiful game.

I think they're quite good! They definitely don't look as good as SWTOR though lol.
    I do kind of wish I had played these before playing SWTOR, just because now I'm kind of spoiled in terms of the SWTOR graphics/animations/gameplay. But I'm having a blast so far. Carth is a real whiner though, wasn't expecting that .

I do kind of wish I had played these before playing SWTOR, just because now I'm kind of spoiled in terms of the SWTOR graphics/animations/gameplay. But I'm having a blast so far. Carth is a real whiner though, wasn't expecting that .
    Oh for sure. First time I saw SWTOR it kind of blew my mind. Those cinematic parts I think are incredible. I'll never forget the first trailer I ever saw for the game.