Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post
    If one has never played any of the Assassin's Creed games and wants to play Valhalla, where would be the place to start? From the beginning? Are there specific games worth playing? Just start with Valhalla? Any advice?
    Origin and Odyssey will have the same feel as Valhalla. Syndicate is a good game too. The beauty of the Creed games is that they become cheap fairly quickly. I’d start with Origin. It and Odyssey should be on sale for Black Friday.

If one has never played any of the Assassin's Creed games and wants to play Valhalla, where would be the place to start? From the beginning? Are there specific games worth playing? Just start with Valhalla? Any advice?

Same question with Uncharted series?

Thanks all!

P.S. RDR2 is a lot of fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    Origin and Odyssey will have the same feel as Valhalla. Syndicate is a good game too. The beauty of the Creed games is that they become cheap fairly quickly. I’d start with Origin. It and Odyssey should be on sale for Black Friday.
    I agree that Origins and Odyssey (the two most recent games) are both good games and worth playing in their own right. But they are pretty long, and skipping them is fine if you really just want to play Valhalla immediately; the meta-story connecting the different entries in the series is not all that important.

If you play Odyssey, I cannot stress enough that you should play as Kassandra. Her voice actor is so much better than the one for Alexios.

Assassin’s Creed II (Italy) and Assassin’s Creed IV (Caribbean) are also pretty strong entries, but the gameplay is a little dated at this point.

Anyone else pick up a PS5? I ordered it months ago, and what a treat to have forgotten about.

I saw a reference or two upthread to board games - do we have any tabletop rpg-ers among us? I became a fan of a Dungeons and Dragons stream (twitch/youtube, but I keep up in podcast form, great for commutes and lunch breaks) and joined a game in June run by my old Duke roommate. Weekly games run via online encounter/map builders and using online character sheet management tools - loads of fun and a great way to blow off pandemic stress.

Also, my six year old is developing a taste for my old wii/gamecube games. My solo gaming time is occupied by the D&D game, but I may have to start looking into expanding gaming horizons as she becomes more interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Anyone else pick up a PS5? I ordered it months ago, and what a treat to have forgotten about.
    Did not pre-order one, so it looks like maybe by spring I can get one . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    If you want to waste some time Wal-Mart has its next opportunity to be disappointed at 9:00 PM ET on Wed, Nov 25 for both PS5 and Xbox Series X/S. I’ve heard second hand it’s a fiasco. I’ve learned to wait for the first revision anyway. I’m just added to my backlog with the Black Friday sales. My brother did get a PS5. It’s a large device.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    My TV isn't equipped to max out things, but I'm really impressed so far. Just replaying some favorite PS4 games (Horizon Zero Dawn, RDR2, Detroit Become Human) and being impressed with gameplay and interface.

I ordered mine on Amazon late one night when it went live and nearly forgot about it. Lucky me.

Anyone here play Red Dead 2? I'm about 20% through and just starting to get the hang of it.

Anyone here play Red Dead 2? I'm about 20% through and just starting to get the hang of it.
    My second favorite game after Skyrim. Truly immersive. Lots of ability to mess around and waste time.

My favorite aspect in a game. You can hunt or gather for hours, or go rob banks and follow missions.

Open world is my jam.

My second favorite game after Skyrim. Truly immersive. Lots of ability to mess around and waste time.

My favorite aspect in a game. You can hunt or gather for hours, or go rob banks and follow missions.

Open world is my jam.
    Right now, I'm trying to get a perfect panther pelt. Struggling with this one.

Open world is my jam.
    I loved Red Dead (although I never finished it). I would love to give Red Dead 2 a try eventually.

I maintain that not having a cheat/reward that allows unlocking GTA weapons was a huge missed opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I loved Red Dead (although I never finished it). I would love to give Red Dead 2 a try eventually.

I maintain that not having a cheat/reward that allows unlocking GTA weapons was a huge missed opportunity.
    RDR2 is great.

Just got Ghosts of Tsushima. I read a great article on how similar it is to RDR2 in many ways. So far, it is beautiful to look at.

I am kinda disappointed with RDR 2.I loved this game to begin with but 40 hours in with 45% of the story complete i honestly cannot play for more than 10 minutes. Imho its far too tedious, too many small distractions inbetween each mission, i know most will like that but for me its too much. Plus the controlls and input lag are bad.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmykicker View Post
    I am kinda disappointed with RDR 2.I loved this game to begin with but 40 hours in with 45% of the story complete i honestly cannot play for more than 10 minutes. Imho its far too tedious, too many small distractions inbetween each mission, i know most will like that but for me its too much. Plus the controlls and input lag are bad.
    Didn't have issues with controls or lag. What system are you playing on?

Different strokes, I guess. I love open world. And I live being able to stray from the given path.

But yeah, if you are forty hours in and don't dig it, you should probably try something else.

Anyone else enjoying the PS5?

Digging into Ghosts of Tsushima - yes, I know it's a PS4 game, but it is amazing.

Cyberpunk 2077 for all the people who enjoy games like Grand Theft Auto. Just released a couple days ago. It's amazing!!!
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    Cyberpunk 2077 for all the people who enjoy games like Grand Theft Auto. Just released a couple days ago. It's amazing!!!
    Are you playing on PC?

Anyone else enjoying the PS5?

Digging into Ghosts of Tsushima - yes, I know it's a PS4 game, but it is amazing.
    Haven't been able to get one. The whole process is incredibly annoying. Why not just take orders and ship when they are ready?

Haven't been able to get one. The whole process is incredibly annoying. Why not just take orders and ship when they are ready?
    I ordered mine when they went live on Amazon in the middle of the night back in... September maybe? Had almost forgotten about it.

I ordered mine when they went live on Amazon in the middle of the night back in... September maybe? Had almost forgotten about it.
    On the positive side, I have a Valve index VR headset on the way. Anyone have suggestions for VR games?

PS - They did a much better job handling a shortage. They let me complete the order weeks ago. Then, when a unit was available, they emailed me to ensure I still wanted it. No stress, very simple.