Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I've never been a big archery fan in any of the Elder Scrolls games (I did like the throwing stars in Morrowind though). My biggest issue with Skyrim, that made it not quite as fun as I would have liked, is that you have to go somewhat out of your way to make the game difficult after a certain point or the game just gets too easy. You could definitely break the game in Morrowind, but you had to to break it (alchemy/enchantment exploits, etc.) or else it stayed reasonably balanced.
    Every time I replay Morrowind, there's a particular task I always make a point of doing.

Nearly every player witnesses a certain event in the first hour of playing Morrowind: a man falls out of the sky to his death right in front of the player. I avoid the tax collector plummeting down outside of Seyda Neen until I have a spell to slow his fall and have upgraded the Gold Brand into the Elton Brand. Then I go save him from the fall so I can kill him with the sword. For those who don't know, the tax man's name is Tarhiel.

Yes, one of the developers was a Duke grad.

Quote Originally Posted by BLPOG View Post
    Every time I replay Morrowind, there's a particular task I always make a point of doing.

Nearly every player witnesses a certain event in the first hour of playing Morrowind: a man falls out of the sky to his death right in front of the player. I avoid the tax collector plummeting down outside of Seyda Neen until I have a spell to slow his fall and have upgraded the Gold Brand into the Elton Brand. Then I go save him from the fall so I can kill him with the sword. For those who don't know, the tax man's name is Tarhiel.

Yes, one of the developers was a Duke grad.
    Ha! I knew about the Elton Brand, but I never made the Tarhiel connection. That is a great task, may have to add it to my next playthrough.

Also worth noting that the name of the quest to get the Eltonbrand is "Shashev's Key" (say it out loud). There may be a couple more Duke nods scattered throughout but I can't remember.

Really been getting into grinding GTA5 and it's starting to pay off in fun ways. I have multiple properties now, including a meth lab, cocaine lockup, counterfeit cash press, and document forgery business to go along with my weapons factory.

I also own a night club now which is awesome because you can control all your business from the night club upstairs office which saves huge amounts of time. Right now, I'm making about $1-$2 million per hour played. The funniest thing about it is my son and I are in a motorcycle club with some real life friends and family and we play online together. So our dinner conversations have been going like this lately....

Me: After dinner, can you come help me and uncle Dave sell some weapons and cocaine? We have over $2mil in stock that we need to move and it's going to be hard with rival gangs active in the city.(Other users can come steal your stuff while you're trying to deliver it around the city).

My Son: As long has you help me move my weed. Greenhouse is full and I can't plant anymore until I sell what I've already grown.

My Wife: Is there something I need to know?

Grand Theft Auto V (Premium Edition) is currently free on the Epic Games Store. The sale goes until next Thursday.

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/grand-theft-auto-v/home

This is the PC version only, for those not familiar with the Epic Games Store.

Quote Originally Posted by left_hook_lacey View Post
    My Wife: Is there something I need to know?
    Odd, I can't spork your post, or even attempt to...but sporks anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    My kids (17 and 20) begged for Nintendo Switches when the stay at home orders came in. I was reluctant at first because I could only find them on eBay for about $100 over the MSRP, but they've turned out to be a great investment.

They love playing Animal Crossing (among other games) and this has actually brought them closer when it's likely they would've been at each others' throats during this lock down. And I see the price of the Switch console has gone up significantly on eBay so it seems like a win-win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Yes. I was apparently quite late to consider "maybe I should get a Switch.". They are selling on Amazon through third party folks for $600 now.
    Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    The Switch Lite is $199 on Best Buy and Amazon now.
    I wanted to get my kids a Switch about 3 weeks ago. I explored the usual places and couldn't get one, checked the ridiculous prices on ebay, etc. Finally, on Tuesday I decided just for the hell of it to check Facebook Marketplace. There were (3) consoles for sale for about what you would pay for them new. I contacted all three and ended up buying one that afternoon. Got the console, the two games that my kids were asking for (Animal Crossing and Super Smash Bros) along with a carrying case for $400. Would I pay that if I could get a new one, probably not. In times like these, you do what you can.
    Now I must get a full-size controller for me (I don't like the small ones) and Mario Kart 8!!

Would love to hear opinions on other games for the Switch that are fun to play with the family.
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

old skool...

burnout: takedown AND revenge...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    Odd, I can't spork your post, or even attempt to...but sporks anyways.
    I think I was on a hand slap vacation due to my posts in the virus thread that didn't fit the narrative. ��

Grand Theft Auto V (Premium Edition) is currently free on the Epic Games Store. The sale goes until next Thursday.

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-U...ft-auto-v/home

This is the PC version only, for those not familiar with the Epic Games Store.
    Thanks for the heads up! Probably won't actually play it for a while but its been too long since I played GTA.

Thanks for the heads up! Probably won't actually play it for a while but its been too long since I played GTA.
    Get ready to drown in pool of DLC' that have come out over the years. Not sure how long it's been since you played, but it took me a week or two to realize what the hell was going on. Lol. GTAV has changed a lot since it first came out. So much to do.

Thanks largely to quarantine, I find the new playthrough of Skyrim I started the same day I had to furlough myself is a level 46 sneak archer.

Quote Originally Posted by left_hook_lacey View Post
    Get ready to drown in pool of DLC' that have come out over the years. Not sure how long it's been since you played, but it took me a week or two to realize what the hell was going on. Lol. GTAV has changed a lot since it first came out. So much to do.

Oh, I haven't played GTAV at all. My last foray was GTAIV.

I did pick up the 10th anniversary edition of Pandemic for my daughter.

Spend a lot of time on Chess.com but can not get past Level 7 against the computer. I've lost multiple times while being at least 3 points to the advantage. Very frustrating.

Oh, I haven't played GTAV at all. My last foray was GTAIV.
    Oh wow. Yeah, get ready to live!!

The Epic Games Store has been killing it lately with its giveaways. This week's free game is Civilization VI:

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-U...zation-vi/home

Finished the main story thread of God of War (PS4) yesterday. I still have some side quest stuff to do. It's a great game. Good mix of combat and story with fun character build elements. Several difficulty levels, so you can make it how you want it. Highly recommend.

The Epic Games Store has been killing it lately with its giveaways. This week's free game is Civilization VI:

I've been playing Civ VI again. You can burn through a LOT of time if you get started playing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ggallagher View Post
    I've been playing Civ VI again. You can burn through a LOT of time if you get started playing this.
    I've never tried any of the Civilization franchise but always thought it seemed fun. Guess I got no more excuses not to try it now
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Free game every Thursday, apparently, will have to check back!

I think the last Civ I played was Civ IV (maybe Civ 5).

It usually kills a lot of time for a couple months and then I get bored, so getting it for free is a huge plus.

Free game every Thursday, apparently, will have to check back!
    This week's free giveaway on the Epic Store is Borderlands: The Handsome Collection (i.e., Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel).

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-U...ome-collection