Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 171
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    Perhaps some of you may enjoy No Mans Sky? The game is massive and I think I read it was literally impossible to explore everything so no 2 players should have the exact same journey with as many planets as they have available.




    "The game is built around four pillars: exploration, survival, combat, and trading. Players are free to perform within the entirety of a procedurally generated deterministic open world universe, which includes over 18 quintillion planets. Through the game's procedural generation system, planets have their own ecosystems with unique forms of flora and fauna, and various sentient alien species may engage the player in combat or trade within planetary systems. Players advance in the game by mining for resources to power and improve their equipment, buying and selling resources using credits earned by documenting flora and fauna, and otherwise seeking out the mystery around the Atlas, an entity at the center of the galaxy."
    I bought No Man's Sky when it was released, but it turned out I couldn't run it on my system. Recently got a new laptop that can run it (albeit not at the highest settings) but haven't bothered to sink my teeth in yet. I know people that absolutely love it.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Been doing a lot of Co-op FIFA tournaments with guys I went to high school with. We've been having a blast.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by left_hook_lacey View Post
    Been doing a lot of Co-op FIFA tournaments with guys I went to high school with. We've been having a blast.
    I've been thinking about getting back into FIFA, I used to play all the time.

    ...Have they really started doing the micropayment nonsense?

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I've been thinking about getting back into FIFA, I used to play all the time.

    ...Have they really started doing the micropayment nonsense?
    I actually don't know. I haven't played for a couple if years until now. I wouldn't doubt it though. NBA2k and GTA live off this model. They are making a killing off micro-transactions. I would love to see the psychological research that goes into determine how to squeeze the most money out of players, especially young people, without turning them off the game. They are masters at it at this point.

    They have basically made it almost impossible to play those games without throwing money at it.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    What about casual gaming?

    I used to love playing Infamous, and donít really have time to spend on a game like that now.

    For kicks and grins, I downloaded Plants vs Zombies 2 on my phone again and it was even worse ad ware than I remembered.

    Iíd enjoy something I could play in 15 or 30 minute chunks.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    What about casual gaming?

    I used to love playing Infamous, and donít really have time to spend on a game like that now.

    For kicks and grins, I downloaded Plants vs Zombies 2 on my phone again and it was even worse ad ware than I remembered.

    Iíd enjoy something I could play in 15 or 30 minute chunks.



    That's about how long my BMs take, too.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    [/I][/B]

    That's about how long my BMs take, too.
    Ok, lol, now thatís funny, and not at all what I had in mind. I just can rarely play videogames in 45 minute, hour, multihour time blocks. 😳🙄🤣

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    What's anyone else digging into? I started a new Skyrim quest on PS4.
    My new Khajitt is at level 100 archery...

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    I picked up Borderlands 3 and have started working my way through it and some of the content. It's pretty massive. And lots of fun - a worthy sequel to its predecessors.
    JBDuke

    Andre Dawkins: ďPeople ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. Thatís kind of the same thing.Ē

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chesapeake, VA.
    I was only ever any good at two video games: tiger woods golf and Mariokart.

    My sons absconded with their consoles when they left the house, so now I can't even play those games anymore.

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    I was only ever any good at two video games: tiger woods golf and Mariokart.

    My sons absconded with their consoles when they left the house, so now I can't even play those games anymore.
    Order yourself an early (or late) birthday present

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    My kids (17 and 20) begged for Nintendo Switches when the stay at home orders came in. I was reluctant at first because I could only find them on eBay for about $100 over the MSRP, but they've turned out to be a great investment.

    They love playing Animal Crossing (among other games) and this has actually brought them closer when it's likely they would've been at each others' throats during this lock down. And I see the price of the Switch console has gone up significantly on eBay so it seems like a win-win.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    My kids (17 and 20) begged for Nintendo Switches when the stay at home orders came in. I was reluctant at first because I could only find them on eBay for about $100 over the MSRP, but they've turned out to be a great investment.

    They love playing Animal Crossing (among other games) and this has actually brought them closer when it's likely they would've been at each others' throats during this lock down. And I see the price of the Switch console has gone up significantly on eBay so it seems like a win-win.
    Yes. I was apparently quite late to consider "maybe I should get a Switch.". They are selling on Amazon through third party folks for $600 now.

  14. #34
    I havenít played video games in years, but used to play all the sports games. What would be my best (and most economical) option to get back in on a very simple, casual level to play things like FIFA, Tiger Woods Golf, Madden, etc.? I have a 2 year old and 4 year old now, so time is short. I can just picture myself telling my wife Iím gonna go play video golf for a couple hours while she tends to all childcare duties 🤣... ainít gonna happen! But just in case, what are my best options?

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by dukebluesincebirth View Post
    I havenít played video games in years, but used to play all the sports games. What would be my best (and most economical) option to get back in on a very simple, casual level to play things like FIFA, Tiger Woods Golf, Madden, etc.? I have a 2 year old and 4 year old now, so time is short. I can just picture myself telling my wife Iím gonna go play video golf for a couple hours while she tends to all childcare duties 🤣... ainít gonna happen! But just in case, what are my best options?
    You can pick up a used PS3 for very cheap, and then get a golf game from four or five years ago. Those sports games come out yearly, so the older games are cheap used.

    PS3 is about $100 on GameStop.com games about $10-$15. If you wanted to go for PS4, you're looking at probably double.

    As someone who picked up a PS3 a few years ago after about a twenty year hiatus, you will be blown away by either. PS4 will be great if you want to follow your nose a little further into gaming.

    Also, with the PS5 release pending in a few months, all these prices will drop further.

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    California
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Yes. I was apparently quite late to consider "maybe I should get a Switch.". They are selling on Amazon through third party folks for $600 now.
    The Switch Lite is $199 on Best Buy and Amazon now.
    Last edited by El_Diablo; 04-29-2020 at 10:26 AM.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    The Switch Lite is $199 on Best Buy and Amazon now.
    Yeah, but I don't want to buy a current generation system to just play on a phone screen.

    :-/

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    California
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Yeah, but I don't want to buy a current generation system to just play on a phone screen.

    :-/
    Fair enough. I have an original Switch and use it about 99% of the time in handheld mode (and haven't even hooked up the dock to the new TV I got 1.5 years ago). But, yeah, if you want to play on your TV then the Switch Lite won't work.

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Steam is having a huge sale right now, I just picked up a bunch of old classic Star Wars games (the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series, the X-Wing/Tie-Fighter series, and Rebel Assault 1 &2). Won't end up digging into all of it during the quarantine, but the price was too good to pass up so went ahead and pulled the trigger...should keep me busy for the rest of the year!

  20. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Steam is having a huge sale right now, I just picked up a bunch of old classic Star Wars games (the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series, the X-Wing/Tie-Fighter series, and Rebel Assault 1 &2). Won't end up digging into all of it during the quarantine, but the price was too good to pass up so went ahead and pulled the trigger...should keep me busy for the rest of the year!
    My son is a huge Steam site fan and recently picked up some deals because of quarantine.

    Not hard to keep him in the house.
    ďFķtbol is life!Ē ó Dani Rojas, Richmond Greyhounds

Similar Threads

  1. Gaming Advice
    By freshmanjs in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 10-18-2019, 06:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •