Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    As if there were any question as to whether I will be getting the Ghost of Tsushima Directors Cut for PS5...

I finished NieR: Automata and loved it. Smooth action-based gameplay, memorable characters, unique/unconventional storytelling (where rolling credits is basically just the end of Act I), and an amazing soundtrack. I will definitely be picking up NieR Replicant in the future.

Really enjoying my revisit of Ghost of Tsushima. The gameplay is better than many open world games that I enjoy. The story is excellent. The graphics are simply gorgeous.
    There are a few moments in busy fight scenes where the camera angle gets a little lost and your view can be obstructed. But I easily put this into my top tier of video games.
    I'm quite excited to see what they do in the expansion in two weeks.

Well, I finished KOTOR, glad I finally played it! I moved on to KOTOR II, but it didn't exactly suck me in so I haven't finished the first area yet. I'm sure things will start picking up as soon as I do move on, I'll probably try to jump back into it this weekend...and then after I finish it I will have the difficult task of deciding whether I want to play SWTOR (again, technically, I played through the free portion a couple years ago).

In other news, I had completely forgotten that I got GTA V and Borderlands 2 (plus Borderlands the Prequel) for free last year (and some other games, but those are the two most important ones). At the time, I didn't have enough disk space to install the games. It took me until about a month ago to finally get an external drive, and by then I'd totally forgotten about those games. A GTA V video popped up on Facebook this weekend and I was like "wait, don't I own that?" The games run (somewhat surprisingly) great on my Acer laptop with an AMD Vega 8, and I'm having a blast with both so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Well, I finished KOTOR, glad I finally played it! I moved on to KOTOR II, but it didn't exactly suck me in so I haven't finished the first area yet. I'm sure things will start picking up as soon as I do move on, I'll probably try to jump back into it this weekend...and then after I finish it I will have the difficult task of deciding whether I want to play SWTOR (again, technically, I played through the free portion a couple years ago).

In other news, I had completely forgotten that I got GTA V and Borderlands 2 (plus Borderlands the Prequel) for free last year (and some other games, but those are the two most important ones). At the time, I didn't have enough disk space to install the games. It took me until about a month ago to finally get an external drive, and by then I'd totally forgotten about those games. A GTA V video popped up on Facebook this weekend and I was like "wait, don't I own that?" The games run (somewhat surprisingly) great on my Acer laptop with an AMD Vega 8, and I'm having a blast with both so far.
    First area is brutal omg. That asteroid mining ship deal is just a huge time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by thedukeman View Post
    First area is brutal omg. That asteroid mining ship deal is just a huge time sink.
    Ha! Glad it isn't just me. I'm pretty sure when I stopped I was like 5 minutes from being done with it, so it'll be nice to be able to move on when I pick it back up.

Really nowhere in the main forum for this so I’ll post it here.

Watch Duke’s Seth Curry build a gaming PC. He comes off really well and it’s reflected in the comments.
    Last edited by Kdogg; 09-06-2021 at 05:25 PM.

KOTR remake coming for PS5 just announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    KOTR remake coming for PS5 just announced.
    I just saw that!! gonna have to buy a ps5 im so pumped.

Quote Originally Posted by thedukeman View Post
    I just saw that!! gonna have to buy a ps5 im so pumped.
    The PS5 is... pretty amazing.

The PS5 is... pretty amazing.
    Good to hear. I switched over from xbox a few years ago. I think PS5 has it beat for me just from its exclusives. I'll have to try spiderman out too, but KOTOR is a complete game changer for me.

Again in the "late adoption" series. Finally playing The Last Of Us 2. Wow, what a game. I thought I was near the end, but after peeking briefly at a walkthrough list of chapters, I'm maybe a third of the way in.

Intensely emotional. I really liked the original, but the sequel really packs more of a punch. Will be back to discuss when I'm done.

Again in the "late adoption" series. Finally playing The Last Of Us 2. Wow, what a game. I thought I was near the end, but after peeking briefly at a walkthrough list of chapters, I'm maybe a third of the way in.

Intensely emotional. I really liked the original, but the sequel really packs more of a punch. Will be back to discuss when I'm done.
    Well, I blew through that one. Holy cow.

Anyone else just floored by TLOU2?

Anyone here tried Red Dead Online? I've heard mixed things, but more positive since Blood Money was released. Worth playing?

Quote Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post
    Anyone here tried Red Dead Online? I've heard mixed things, but more positive since Blood Money was released. Worth playing?
    I can't stand the online play. My favorite part of RDR2 is wandering around. I don't need to get shot at by fourteen year old kids.

I'm a total sucker and was very excited for Skyrim 10th Anniversary Edition. Lucky for me, it's a free upgrade. Time to start a new playthrough.

Well, I blew through that one. Holy cow.

Anyone else just floored by TLOU2?
    It was a very good game. Not something I see myself replaying, but it was quite impressive. With this series and Uncharted running their respective courses, it will be interesting to see what Naughty Dog does next.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    It was a very good game. Not something I see myself replaying, but it was quite impressive. With this series and Uncharted running their respective courses, it will be interesting to see what Naughty Dog does next.
    Never got into Uncharted, but it's on my shortlist of things to check out.

There are some killer deals on Steam right now (I imagine elsewhere, too).

Just grabbed these three for ~$2 each:
    Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
    Sam & Max Hit the Road
    Sim City 4

Halo 1-3 and Reach bundled for $20 as well. Also, there's a Day of the Tentacle remaster that looks pretty nice (but isn't on sale). And tons of other stuff if none of that nonsense is your deal (including a lot of newer titles that I didn't pick up only because my current laptop won't run them).

Quote Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post
    RDO is great.

Can I ask another one... anyone here try Hunter: Call of the Wild? It is a very simple, quiet hunting game. Very slow paced. I am not a hunter, but man, I enjoy the HECK out of the game. Very low key, which is nice. And you can hunt anywhere... Siberia, then to Argentina, then to Spain, then to the Rockies, then to Africa, then to the Yukon... and in the end, you can taxidermy your best trophies and put them in your fancy lodge. Great game, highly recommend.