Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Quarantine Gaming

What's anyone else digging into? I started a new Skyrim quest on PS4.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    What's anyone else digging into? I started a new Skyrim quest on PS4.
    I'm a pretty serious NBA2k player, but have kind of gotten tired of it recently.

I used to play a lot of GTA5, but dropped it when I got into Battlefield, which took up the majority of my gaming time.

My son is a coming of age high schooler, and has started playing GTA so I've recently gotten back into that. It's pretty cool to ride around and complete missions with him, and he doesn't mind ole dad cramping his style online. Kind of makes me feel good that he's willing to share that part of his life with me.

Since we've been semi quarantined together, we've built a strategy to get rich on the game. There has been so much DLC I missed out on while not playing so I'm trying to get caught up.

I have Red Dead Redemption 2 but have not started it yet. Trying to wait until I'm burnt out on the other ones first as I hear it's a real time warp once you start it. Hard to put down. My boss at work is a few years older than me, has never played video games in his life, and has gotten hooked on that game after watching his son play it one night. 😂

Quote Originally Posted by left_hook_lacey View Post
    I'm a pretty serious NBA2k player, but have kind of gotten tired of it recently.

I used to play a lot of GTA5, but dropped it when I got into Battlefield, which took up the majority of my gaming time.

My son is a coming of age high schooler, and has started playing GTA so I've recently gotten back into that. It's pretty cool to ride around and complete missions with him, and he doesn't mind ole dad cramping his style online. Kind of makes me feel good that he's willing to share that part of his life with me.

Since we've been semi quarantined together, we've built a strategy to get rich on the game. There has been so much DLC I missed out on while not playing so I'm trying to get caught up.

I have Red Dead Redemption 2 but have not started it yet. Trying to wait until I'm burnt out on the other ones first as I hear it's a real time warp once you start it. Hard to put down. My boss at work is a few years older than me, has never played video games in his life, and has gotten hooked on that game after watching his son play it one night. 😂
    Oh man, I wish I could go back in time and save RDR2 for this stretch of time. Fantastic game. Just a half step under Skyrim in my all-time list.

Oh man, I wish I could go back in time and save RDR2 for this stretch of time. Fantastic game. Just a half step under Skyrim in my all-time list.
    Same for me for Skyrim. I have too many gamer friends that tell me it needs to be next on my list.

I recently completed Assassin's Creed: Odyssey and the new Resident Evil 3 remake. I am playing Persona 5 now.

I would recommend The Witcher 3 for anyone who liked Skyrim, as it is in the same genre but IMO a much better game.

Red Dead Redemption was such a great game, I'll be giving the sequel a go sometime sooner or later.

I've decided to go back in time, though, and catch up on some of the games I missed. Currently playing through FF7. Got Baldur's Gate queued up after that, plus a bunch of old Star Wars games (KOTOR, etc). If FFX goes on sale on Steam I'll probably nab that as well.

I played the crap out of the Elder Scrolls games (Skyrim, Oblivion, and Morrowind) so I'm about burned out on them but I've debated giving Elder Scrolls Online a go (as I "patiently" wait for ESVI to come out).

I've also kicked around trying Grim Dawn, Path of Exile, one of the Fallout games (never played any of them), the Bioshock sequels, and various other random RPG/JRPGs that are floating around out there.

All of which...should keep me busy for about 10-15 years I suppose.

For the PS4 owners, Sony has two free quality games until May 5th. Journey and Uncharted: The Nathan Drake collection are available in the Play Station store.

I didn’t get into the generation until three years ago so I have a backlog. On the bright side I got them all cheap because they are two-three-five years old. 😀 Playing Spider-man now. It’s a blast. Just a fun game.

Picked up Assassin's Creed Odyssey last week. Held my interest for about ten days before I wandered back to Skyrim. Archer level 99 for my new character I started this quarantine.

Playing online (fake money) poker with friends. Less than optimal, but only thing you can do.

Looking for good platforms if anyone has suggestions.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    My son just called me from Vermont with "exciting news" - Battle for Bikini Bottom, Rehydrated has been released. Maybe that means something to people in this thread.

I discovered that you can play the original Civilization online:
    https://classicreload.com/civilization.html

Apparently it loads a DOS emulator in the window, then runs Civ on that. It was quite a wave of nostalgia when I selected the VGA and Soundblaster options.

Picked up Assassin's Creed Odyssey last week. Held my interest for about ten days before I wandered back to Skyrim. Archer level 99 for my new character I started this quarantine.
    Every time I play Skyrim, no matter what my original plan is, I end up as a sneaky archer.

For AC:Odyssey, I strongly recommend playing as Kassandra (as the voice acting for Alexios is so bad it detracts from the experience). The second half of the game is more fun than the first half, especially once you start to take on some well-known mythological creatures, but unfortunately the game is so big that it is easy to burn out before getting that far.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    Every time I play Skyrim, no matter what my original plan is, I end up as a sneaky archer.

For AC:Odyssey, I strongly recommend playing as Kassandra (as the voice acting for Alexios is so bad it detracts from the experience). The second half of the game is more fun than the first half, especially once you start to take on some well-known mythological creatures, but unfortunately the game is so big that it is easy to burn out before getting that far.
    I love open world games. Hence Skyrim as my default.

I love open world games. Hence Skyrim as my default.
    Have you played The Witcher 3? It dethroned Skyrim as my favorite open-world game and has yet to relinquish the title. Better story, better characters, better quests, better combat, better graphics, better animations, bigger world...just an amazing game.

Have you played The Witcher 3? It dethroned Skyrim as my favorite open-world game and has yet to relinquish the title. Better story, better characters, better quests, better combat, better graphics, better animations, bigger world...just an amazing game.
    Are you a Yennifer or Triss fan?

I'm still playing Diablo 3:ROS. My son is now into Conan Exiles.

Quote Originally Posted by ncexnyc View Post
    Are you a Yennifer or Triss fan?
    Yen is really the only choice for Geralt.

I've never been a big archery fan in any of the Elder Scrolls games (I did like the throwing stars in Morrowind though). My biggest issue with Skyrim, that made it not quite as fun as I would have liked, is that you have to go somewhat out of your way to make the game difficult after a certain point or the game just gets too easy. You could definitely break the game in Morrowind, but you had to to break it (alchemy/enchantment exploits, etc.) or else it stayed reasonably balanced.

Perhaps some of you may enjoy No Mans Sky? The game is massive and I think I read it was literally impossible to explore everything so no 2 players should have the exact same journey with as many planets as they have available.

"The game is built around four pillars: exploration, survival, combat, and trading. Players are free to perform within the entirety of a procedurally generated deterministic open world universe, which includes over 18 quintillion planets. Through the game's procedural generation system, planets have their own ecosystems with unique forms of flora and fauna, and various sentient alien species may engage the player in combat or trade within planetary systems. Players advance in the game by mining for resources to power and improve their equipment, buying and selling resources using credits earned by documenting flora and fauna, and otherwise seeking out the mystery around the Atlas, an entity at the center of the galaxy."
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Lol I always end up a pure mage. No knives, swords, or bows.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

I don't need your fancy video games and graphics, give me a good old fashioned board game any day of the week.

Been playing a lot of Dominion. https://dominion.games/