Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jwillfan View Post
    Good to know you can sneak that past the wanker filter
    Silent, but deadly.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    Has Duke gone all pass/fail this semester? St. John's may be (at least expanding the protocols). Will find out soon.
    UNC has made the same decision and abandoned their grading system. All of their classes are now Pass/Pass.

We owe a nice collection of wins to Alex. I’m forever grateful for that.

https://twitter.com/wralbobholliday/...384860672?s=21

Last month. 😈

Has Duke gone all pass/fail this semester? St. John's may be (at least expanding the protocols). Will find out soon.
    Duke has announced that.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    We owe a nice collection of wins to Alex. I’m forever grateful for that.

https://twitter.com/wralbobholliday/...384860672?s=21

Last month. 😈
    Yeah, Alex hit 2 3-pointers and 2-2 from the line for 6 crucial points in the second half at Chapel Hill. Thanks!

Bummer. Best of luck to AOC - he can play. He’ll put up good scoring and rebounding numbers somewhere next year. I was hoping for at least 2 seniors out of AOC, JGold and JTuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Yes it has. It's technically Satisfactory / Unsatisfactory, with Satisfactory equating to a C- or above. I believe you can make a special request if you want a letter grade for a specific course. No idea the criteria they use to evaluate such a request. So unclear what that means for summer courses at the moment...

Good luck to AOC. Guys on the team seemed to like him. Always worked hard - wouldn't surprise me to see him be a solid contributor elsewhere.
    Thanks, also, not sure how the "satisfactory" translates into the GPA. Maybe not included - if so, then a whole semester is missing?

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Duke has announced that.
    Thanks. Missed that.

Thanks, also, not sure how the "satisfactory" translates into the GPA. Maybe not included - if so, then a whole semester is missing?
    Correct not included in GPA. Just counts as credits.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Correct not included in GPA. Just counts as credits.
    Thanks. We will know what our policy will be early next week. I suspect it will align with most of the rest of the country’s, including Duke’s.

I could have understood this after last season, but not now. It seemed like he was just getting into a groove and was becoming a steady fixture in the rotation.
    I'm sure someone will be along shortly with some numbers to show me I'm crazy, but whatever.

I wish AOC only the best. His play at Syracuse last year will always be remembered. And he had some great athletic dunks over his career, some so lightning quick - they were dazzling. He has talent, but it was definitely going to be challenged again next year. I think he would have been made a captain next year, but perhaps he saw that White didn't end up playing despite that tag on him. I hope he lands at a school that ends up in the tourney next year. I'll be cheering for him, no matter what haircut he has!

9F
    I will never talk about That Game. GTHC.

Quote Originally Posted by ncexnyc View Post
    I could have understood this after last season, but not now. It seemed like he was just getting into a groove and was becoming a steady fixture in the rotation.
    I'm sure someone will be along shortly with some numbers to show me I'm crazy, but whatever.
    It was a numbers game. With Moore likely returning and with the incoming players likely slotting in above him, minutes were likely to be scarce. Especially if he can graduate, going somewhere he could start next year makes sense for him.

Love that AOC posted on IG about "nothing but blessings and love from Duke" and thanks the coaches and fans for everything. Not leaving on bad terms or anything, just thinks there may be more opportunity for him elsewhere. I respect that. Wish more players had kind words like that when things don't work out perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    ... Especially if he can graduate, going somewhere he could start next year makes sense for him.
    FWIW, there's a question on the portal that reads "Is the student transferring to be a graduate student?" It's marked 'No' for Alex.

Best of luck to Alex wherever he ends up... was a joy to watch him in a Duke uniform.

He was always a guy to me that I thought could be "the guy" at another school if given the opportunity. That's not to say it was Duke's fault for him not getting the opportunity or his fault for not being good enough... that was just never going to be his role at Duke.

Can't fault him for wanting to find out if that is the case or not. Hope he gets his opportunity and shines. He definitely has a lot of talent and skill.

I'll always remember his breakaway dunks and how hard he would attack the rim when given the opportunity.

sorry to see him go, but wish him well for the future....
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Best of luck, Alex, whatever the future holds!

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Best of luck, Alex, whatever the future holds!
    Well If that future means hitting a last second three to knock Duke out of the tourney-then no- let’s not get crazy here.

Quote Originally Posted by TKG View Post
    Can we orchestrate a trade with Harvard? AOC for Seth Towns, straight up...
    Nope - Towns is headed to Ohio State.