Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    As usual, I out-obscure-referenced myself in an attempt to be funny. I am often the only one who laughs at my likes. (Kinda like Arthur Fleck).
    As David Letterman used to say, "Some of these jokes are just for me!"

(But, for the record, I'm usually on the same page as you)
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Holy cow, was this game shot in 1952?

19 years later, Duhon's head bouncing of the floor still pretty hard to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    19 years later, Duhon's head bouncing of the floor still pretty hard to watch.
    I had forgotten about that. Cringe. Still can’t believe he came back even though we we still pre concussion protocol era.

Quote Originally Posted by mattyoung18 View Post
    I think both teams shot above 60% which is crazy except Laettner poor guy messed around and shot 100%.
    Yeah but I counted two shots that Laettner missed that could have been And 1s. Fortunately misses on fouls don't count. That he was perfect adds to the mystique of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Yeah, somehow footage from the semi-final Wisconsin vs Kentucky game got spliced into the Duke vs Wisconsin game -- it happened in the 2nd half from about the 7-minute mark to the 4-minute mark, where it returned with Duke ahead 59-58.
    And I think ESPN took out some of Grayson's best plays. Figures

Quote Originally Posted by MB in MD View Post
    And I think ESPN took out some of Grayson's best plays. Figures
    Wasn't it the CBS Sports Network? Or did ESPN also air this game recently?

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Just a reminder that we get the 2015 National Championship game at 9:00 pm and the 2001 Final Four game vs. Maryland right after at 11:00 pm tonight on CBSSN for those who get the channel!*

*Edited for correct times after Stray's post
    I watched the Maryland game the other night. I wasn't actively following basketball in those days so had never seen this game before.

What an amazing game! What a fantastic team we had! I was struck by the pace of the game - frenetic. The ball, the players, the action never stopped moving. So different from what we typically see nowadays - sure there are fast breaks, but half court offense - everyone's - seems so stagnant at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Neals384 View Post
    I watched the Maryland game the other night. I wasn't actively following basketball in those days so had never seen this game before.

What an amazing game! What a fantastic team we had! I was struck by the pace of the game - frenetic. The ball, the players, the action never stopped moving. So different from what we typically see nowadays - sure there are fast breaks, but half court offense - everyone's - seems so stagnant at times.
    Yeah, watching some of these classics...2001, 1992, and some of the non-Duke games in from the 80s there really is a huge difference in the way the game was played.

This looks to be more or less the last day of the Tournament marathon...here are the games you might want to tune in for if you haven't caught the replays yet (or just want to watch again)!

CBS Sports Network/CBSSN (Sunday 4/5)
    ​4 p.m. -- 2010 National Championship: Duke vs. Butler
    6 p.m. -- 2015 National Championship: Duke vs. Wisconsin
    9 p.m. -- 1983 National Championship: NC State vs. Houston

At last, the replay of the Duke-Wisconsin 2015 national championship game that was aired on CBSSN from 6-8 pm this evening was a corrected version, without the erroneous splice of the Kentucky-Wisconsin segment. Glad I recorded it again!

If i

Ever complain about watching another UVA / Duke game and say “I cant believe how much these guys grab us and get away with it” remind me to watch this 2010 title game again. UVA aint got nothing on what the Butler Bulldogs be doing...

PS it is hard not to put this 2010 team in the top 3 of favorite Duke squads. Likeable from top to bottom.
    Windy City Devil

Quote Originally Posted by CoachJ10 View Post
    Ever complain about watching another UVA / Duke game and say “I cant believe how much these guys grab us and get away with it” remind me to watch this 2010 title game again. UVA aint got nothing on what the Butler Bulldogs be doing...

PS it is hard not to put this 2010 team in the top 3 of favorite Duke squads. Likeable from top to bottom.
    Not sure where to put this, but since you mentioned the love for the 2010 team... if anyone has access to Instagram, the Duke b-ball account has been posting “The Brotherhood Connect” videos on Instagram TV (which links from the regular Instagram post) during the lockdowns. It’s hosted by Nolan smith and has been fun to watch! I just watched the 2010 reunion episode in which Nolan did live video chats with Andre Dawkins, mason P, Scheyer, and Zoubek. It made me love that team even more, especially Nolan. Listening to him talk to his teammates, you can just tell the guy has a heart of gold, and a winner’s mentality. I highly recommend!

Quote Originally Posted by dukebluesincebirth View Post
    Not sure where to put this, but since you mentioned the love for the 2010 team... if anyone has access to Instagram, the Duke b-ball account has been posting “The Brotherhood Connect” videos on Instagram TV (which links from the regular Instagram post) during the lockdowns. It’s hosted by Nolan smith and has been fun to watch! I just watched the 2010 reunion episode in which Nolan did live video chats with Andre Dawkins, mason P, Scheyer, and Zoubek. It made me love that team even more, especially Nolan. Listening to him talk to his teammates, you can just tell the guy has a heart of gold, and a winner’s mentality. I highly recommend!
    Watched the game and then saw the interview. Here it is on facebook... https://www.facebook.com/DukeMBB/videos/824613794716009. Worth a watch.
    "Something in my vicinity is Carolina blue and this offends me." - HPR

ACC network showing Duke at Cheats, 2020 version at 8:30. Think I’ll watch and see how it turns out.

End of the game: Watch for the no "block out first, rebound second."

Quote Originally Posted by WakeDevil View Post
    End of the game: Watch for the no "block out first, rebound second."
    Cheat jubilation with 4:16 left, up 13 and Carey called for the charge. Game over?

Kind of a weak call on the charge. Looks bad. Think I'll turn it off.

Quote Originally Posted by WakeDevil View Post
    Kind of a weak call on the charge. Looks bad. Think I'll turn it off.
    We can't even grab the defensive rebound here with the game on the line and have to foul instead. Stick a fork in this one.

Have to miss a ft and then score. Can’t happen

Oh man, I forgot about Jay's terrible take on choosing free throw shooters.