Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jaywilliams22 View Post
    Great ESPN article on Duke-Butler done by Jeff Borzello. Quick snippets from a bunch of players and coaches. Fun read.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...biggest-moment

Fantastic article... thanks for the link.

It would have been so cool if somehow they could've gotten all the players in the same room, watched highlights of the game, and had them all provide commentary. Something like that. But this is still great in part because it has so many quotes from the principals.

Just a reminder that we get the 2015 National Championship game at 9:00 pm and the 2001 Final Four game vs. Maryland right after at 11:00 pm tonight on CBSSN for those who get the channel!*

*Edited for correct times after Stray's post
    Last edited by Acymetric; 04-01-2020 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Just a reminder that we get the 2001 Final Four game vs. Maryland at 9:00 pm and the 2015 National Championship game right after at 11:00 pm tonight on CBSSN for those who get the channel!
    Actually, I believe it's the other way around. According to my schedule, the 2015 Duke-Wisconsin title game is at 9:00 p.m., and the 2001 Duke-Maryland semifinal is at 11:00 p.m.

Just a reminder that we get the 2001 Final Four game vs. Maryland at 9:00 pm and the 2015 National Championship game right after at 11:00 pm tonight on CBSSN for those who get the channel!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stray Gator View Post
    Actually, I believe it's the other way around. According to my schedule, the 2015 Duke-Wisconsin title game is at 9:00 p.m., and the 2001 Duke-Maryland semifinal is at 11:00 p.m.
    Oops...it is also that according to my schedule, I just wasn't thinking when I typed up the post, thanks for the correction! (I edited my original post to correct the times so as not to confuse people)

I recommend tuning in for both regardless...two great games!

Odd, my schedule says that “Eight is Enough” is on at nine. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Odd, my schedule says that “Eight is Enough” is on at nine. . . .
    I can't tell if this is a joke about what you're planning on watching tonight, or if you're serious.

If serious, CBSSN is the CBS Sports Network...Eight is Enough definitely wouldn't be airing there so you have the wrong channel.

It shows up in my guide as "Tournament Rewind" (or something along those lines) and doesn't specify what games are on at what time, had to find that online.

I can't tell if this is a joke about what you're planning on watching tonight, or if you're serious.

If serious, CBSSN is the CBS Sports Network...Eight is Enough definitely wouldn't be airing there so you have the wrong channel.
    IIRC, in 2015 we lost ‘Sheed mid-season and were down to eight scholarship players. K said after the championship game “Well, I guess eight is enough.”

Something like that.

Grayson was monster.

IIRC, in 2015 we lost ‘Sheed mid-season and were down to eight scholarship players. K said after the championship game “Well, I guess eight is enough.”

Something like that.

Grayson was monster.
    Ha! And here I thought maybe you were referencing old Sitcoms.

Anyways, yes that game is on at 9, I had the times backwards and Stray corrected me.

Ha! And here I thought maybe you were referencing old Sitcoms.

Anyways, yes that game is on at 9, I had the times backwards and Stray corrected me.
    As usual, I out-obscure-referenced myself in an attempt to be funny. I am often the only one who laughs at my likes. (Kinda like Arthur Fleck).

As usual, I out-obscure-referenced myself in an attempt to be funny. I am often the only one who laughs at my likes. (Kinda like Arthur Fleck).
    Ah, OPK, Good Times (ain’t we lucky we got ‘em)

Quote Originally Posted by Green Wave Dukie View Post
    Ah, OPK, Good Times (ain’t we lucky we got ‘em)
    “Welcome back,
    Your dreams were your
    Ticket out . . . .“

Or maybe more needed these days:

“And hey — let’s be careful out there!”

“Welcome back,
    Your dreams were your
    Ticket out . . . .“

Or maybe more needed these days:

“And hey — let’s be careful out there!”

“We're gonna do it.
    Give us any chance we'll take it.
    Read us any rule we'll break it.”

The new anthem of those who won’t social distance.

I do not remember Wisconsin's jerseys being that ugly.

ESPN radio replaying the 2010 final at this moment. Nice to hear John Thompson say that Duke ISN'T getting all the calls on Butler's aggressive defense

I get home from work and start watching the game. Definitely Duke vs Wisconsin. Come back froma commercial and if iz Wisconsin vs Kentucky. Fortunately, back to Duke vs Wisconsin after the next commercial.

I had forgotten just how unpleasant it was to listen to Billy Packer call a game. Every comment is critical rather than positive.

Too bad the 2001 game vs Maryland isn't in HD, Remember going into Best Buy in 2002-2003 and seeing the Championship game vs Arizona featured in HD over all their demo tv's.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I get home from work and start watching the game. Definitely Duke vs Wisconsin. Come back froma commercial and if iz Wisconsin vs Kentucky. Fortunately, back to Duke vs Wisconsin after the next commercial.
    Yeah, somehow footage from the semi-final Wisconsin vs Kentucky game got spliced into the Duke vs Wisconsin game -- it happened in the 2nd half from about the 7-minute mark to the 4-minute mark, where it returned with Duke ahead 59-58.

Remarkable that Duhon was K’s first ACC ROY (per the 2001 CBS Final Four broadcast). He’s had quite a few since then.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    Remarkable that Duhon was K’s first ACC ROY (per the 2001 CBS Final Four broadcast). He’s had quite a few since then.
    That is remarkable & I did not realize that. First thing I did was check who won in 91. Rodney Rogers. Hard to argue with that.